Bluelight

Thread: Ibogaine and opiates/opioids

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ibogaine and opiates/opioids 
    Welcome! Following is a DIGEST of articles and reports that is constantly updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread discusses the treatment of opiate and opioid addiction with psychedelics, specifically ibogaine, a naturally occurring psychoactive substance found in plants in the Apocynaceae family such as Tabernanthe iboga, Voacanga africana and Tabernaemontana undulata. Ibogaine is a psychedelic with dissociative properties.

-----

What Is Iboga?

Tabernanthe iboga is a powerful psychedelic from West Africa that has been in use for centuries in traditional healing ceremonies. It can be used in its traditional form from the root bark of the plant (known as iboga), or in the laboratory-isolated form of ibogaine which only contains the central psychoactive substance (known as ibogaine). Today iboga is best known for its miraculous ability to cure or drastically reduce addiction to substances like alcohol, crack cocaine, and heroin in a single treatment. It can also help people overcome addiction to prescription opiates such as morphine, methadone, Vicodin, Percocet, and OxyContin. While this may sound too good to be true, scores of personal testimonies and now clinical research is backing up this claim, and iboga treatment centers are popping up all over the world specializing in treating addiction, post traumatic stress, and mood disorders.

Ibogaine addiction recovery therapy

Ibogaine is an indole alkaloid found in the bark of the root of the African shrub Tabernan. It has strong anti-addictive qualities, including high efficacy in acute opioid withdrawal and addiction. In laymen’s terms, Ibogaine is a secret tribal hallucinogen that helps you achieve your two most difficult goals.

1) Ibogaine can significantly reduce opiate/opioid withdrawal symptoms in under 24 hours.

2) Ibogaine eliminates the desire for opiates/opioids. Many people who have taken Ibogaine swear that it cured their addiction altogether.

Ibogaine treatment has a mortality rate of 1 in 300, with deaths coming from brachycardia (heart rate slowing way down) and lethal combinations with other drugs. The risks of this treatment should therefore be weighed very carefully, and flood treatment should only be done in a medical setting.

Ibogaine is not currently approved for any medical uses in the U.S. It is used as an alternative medicine treatment for drug addiction in some countries. Its prohibition has slowed scientific research. The use of Ibogaine for drug treatment is now accepted in Canada, Mexico, France, and the UK. In many cases, administration of a therapeutic course of Ibogaine is followed by intensive counseling therapy. Often more than one round of the drug is needed for lasting sobriety.

CAUTIONARY GUIDELINES

People with any kind of heart conditions should not use ibogaine or iboga in any form.

People who have a bad reaction to the test dose should discontinue ibogaine treatment.

People who have any kind of liver conditions should not do ibogaine or iboga in any form.

People who are on any kind of medications which cause long QT syndrome for which ibogaine will make you temporarily sensitive to should discontinue those meds unless necessary. If those meds are necessary they should not take iboga or ibogaine.

People who have found abnormalities on the EKG, stress test, or CBC/liver panel should not take ibogaine or iboga until if and when those conditions are resolved.

People on MAOIs, SSRIs, or any other psych meds should not take iboga or ibogaine until those meds have cleared the system, we recommend not stopping needed psych meds to take iboga. Some of these medications may potentiate iboga or lead to serotonin syndrome.

If you are currently addicted to benzodiazepines, barbiturates, GHB, GBL, 1,4-BDO, phenibut or alcohol, it is recommended you get through the acute withdrawals before taking ibogaine, as abruptly discontinuing those drugs may lead to seizures. Ibogaine will not eliminate the withdrawals from Gabaergic drugs although it can help with cravings. If you choose to ignore this recommendation then you must tell you treatment provider and your provider must have a Gabaergic drug on hand in case any seizures should happen.

Clinical Guidelines for Ibogaine-Assisted Detoxification

Patrick Kroupa and Howard Lotsof

Howard Lotsof (March 1, 1943 – January 31, 2010) was an American scientific researcher who discovered and pioneered the use of ibogaine as a medicine for the treatment of substance addictions. In 1962, at the age of 19, Lotsof was addicted to heroin and accidentally discovered the anti-addictive effects of ibogaine. He attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, and then
    New York University, graduating with a degree in film in 1976.

Lotsof authored and co-authoring numerous research papers and was awarded a number of patents for the treatment of various chemical dependencies with ibogaine. The first of his patents, issued in 1985, was Rapid Method for Interrupting the Narcotic Addiction Syndrome. The last patent for the use of ibogaine to treat chemical dependence was Rapid Method for Interrupting or Attenuating Poly-Drug Dependency Syndromes. Lotsof was active in promoting the medical use and further research of ibogaine and had an interest in chemical dependence patient advocacy including authoring the Ibogaine Patients' Bill of Rights.

The systematic use of ibogaine was developed first by the Bwiti discipline from where it originated, by the Babongo, Mitsogo and Fang peoples of Gabon and Cameroon, while Western clinical treatment, mostly for the treatment of substance addictions, was pioneered by Lotsof and others. In the 1980s, Lotsof convinced a Belgian company to manufacture Ibogaine in capsule form and performed successful trials in the Netherlands. The use of ibogaine spread across Europe, and was brought to the Americas by Eric Taub in 1992, who had contacted Lotsof in 1989. Lex Kogan later joined Taub and systematized the treatment of ibogaine with centers across the world, and further academic research and trials were conducted by Deborah Mash. As the use of ibogaine spread, its administration has varied widely, with some groups administering it systematically with well developed methods and medical personnel, while many use or administer it haphazardly in a way that many believe is dangerous.

Lotsof was a member of the Board of Directors of the National Alliance of Methadone Advocates and President of the Dora Weiner Foundation. In March of 2009, Lotsof was honored for his discovery of ibogaine's antiaddictive effects during the Sayulita, Mexico ibogaine Provider and Facilitator conference. Some fifty experts from around the world joined to present on ibogaine
    and associated subjects.

He died on January 31, 2010, aged 66, from liver cancer.
    Last edited by mr peabody; 16-11-2017 at 09:25.

2. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    I'll say that my ibogaine flood dose changed my life, I'd been addicted to opiates for 10 years with a number of short breaks where I got past acute withdrawals, once for 8 months, but I always went back. I was feeling like I was going to be on opiates forever. That coupled with a bad relationships (big part of why I was on them) were making me feel so beat down that I thought I was damaged forever, I felt like a shell of my former self, I wanted to die every day. Not quite suicidal but I would fantasize about it. I got out of my relationship and after a couple of months of still being unable to shake opiates, I did a flood dose. I came out of it not wanting opiates, even though I still felt a bit of residual withdrawal-style effects for a few weeks afterwards I didn't have any desire to do opiates, I have not even had a craving since and it's been over 3 years. I also started working out and made a lot of changes in my life, I can't even really explain why but it was like the ibogaine woke me up, snapped me out of that crazy place I had gotten myself to, and I felt vibrant and healthy again. I took that period of time, that sort of reset, to actually make changes in my life so I would remain happy and not want to go back to opiates to seek oblivion. I would say ibogaine wasn't a magic cure, I still had to put in the work afterwards but it was absolutely the most powerful medicine I have taken. It gave me that reset so that I could address my problems from a good place, rather than through the fog of opiate addiction and deep depression. It really helped change my life, and I don't know that I would have done it without ibogaine's help.

It doesn't seem to provide as powerful and life-changing of an experience as I had to everyone, but I do believe that with proper preparation (for example I forced myself to go from poppy tea (oral opium, mainly morphine) to kratom which has a much shorter half-life, and then a week before I stopped taking any opiates at all and dealt with the withdrawals. I feel like it put me in an optimal place to be able to really accept the experience and treat it with the significance it deserves. I was also ready to have a change because I had already finally ended my abusive relationship that was the root cause of my suffering.
    Last edited by Xorkoth; 01-06-2017 at 20:56.

3. Collapse Details

Kind of surprised to see this post here in the Psychedelic section even tho it is. Would it be helpful in a recovery/opiates spot? Maybe it is spoken about in those circles too, I'm new here again and haven't had a chance to check out where everything is.
    I am so glad to see someone mention Iboga prep Xorkoth. It really can be a dangerous Indole Alkaloid if prep is overlooked. Iboga demands and deserves complete respect.

4. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    I have read a variety of stories about people using it for addiction and sort of not changing anything and just kinda doing it, using opiates right up until dosing, then going back and living the same life without making changes, and saying it didn't work. Or basically, seemingly putting no work into it, just taking it and hoping it makes changes for them. It can definitely help with making changes a lot, but you have to do it still.

Anecdotally, I have 2 friends (one deceased now ) who it worked for for a while the first time, and then eventually they crept back to opiates and tried it again, with much less success and a much less profound experience the second time.

5. Collapse Details

That is my take on it as well. Without really wanting out of the life for good, for many, it may seem like it didn't do the trick. I think of Iboga as a tool, one that will allow you to get where you need to be just to truly begin the real work ahead. There are many reasons for getting clean, but without having what is needed once you reach the other side, the draw to return to the old ways is one moment away.
    The closer I get to a root understanding of addiction, the more uncertain I am that there can be changes at that level which would render the need to consistently use. At any given moment, life can be both what you need and what you will not deal with. Set and setting once again I suppose. It's too bad all the things that truly sustain a human are most times much harder to find and hold onto these days than are the ways to escape from the void that is left from their vacuum.

6. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Non-Electronic Music Discussion
    Shielding off the weakening beams of salvation shining upon the mournful gloom of Earth
    ^One thing I think should be noted is that I don't think there is any reason to think ibogaine would be useful for benzo addicts. The author above said he was on up to 16mg of xanax a day. I think it would be incredibly dangerous to use a flood dose of ibogaine to address that. I'm inclined to disbelieve that this guy got over his addiction to "200mg of methadone, 2 grams of heroin" and the aforementioned xanax in "one hour".

Sure, ibogaine has incredible potential but its not magical.

7. Collapse Details

So I just did ibogaine in Mexico...

First a little background to my story: I'm an opioid addict to the core. Prior to the ibogaine experience, I was intravenously and intramusclarly using around 1200 milligrams of oxycodone + usually ten OxyContin 120s a day (yes, they exist in Europe), and topping it off with morphine ampoules (at least 200mg a day), in addition to about half a gram of heroin. Yes, this was my daily usage, and to top it off I was swallowing approximately 140mg of diazepam (Valium) a day to potentiate the opioids, simply because my tolerance
    was too damn high. As well as this I was smoking about half a gram of crack cocaine every other day on top of my opioid usage.

I flew to San Diego and met up with the three other people I would be undergoing the experience with as well as the staff from the clinic. There was me, the dope fiend, Michaela the pill-head (oxycodone), Mike the methamphetamine enthusiast, and a gentleman from Mexico City named Adon who's favorite thing in the world was crack cocaine. We all had blood tests and EKGs done to make sure that we would be safe for the ibogaine experience, and we all passed.

The next night was the big night. The way the ibogaine treatment works occurred like so:

• Firstly (at least for us dope fiends) they wait until we're in moderate withdrawal.
    • The clinic used 18mg/kg of ibogaine hydrochloride for each patient, which is pretty standard.
    • Next, everyone is given a "tester dose" to see how you react. We all responded fine.
    • Around 45 minutes after the "tester dose" we get the "flood dose". Then, the magic begins.

About 10 minutes after the tester dose, any withdrawal symptoms I had were obliterated. The staff gave us all eye masks since the real processing of trauma occurs during closed eye visuals. About 5 minutes before the "flood dose", I had to pee, and one of the staff members helped me to the bathroom. It's hard to walk straight, and the closest description I can give to open-eye visuals on ibogaine is the matrix; if you move your head, the universe moves with it with blue and purple matrix-like lines.

After the "flood dose, " almost everyone purged a little (vomited), but it wasn't too unpleasant. Around half an hour after, the Iboga spirit (Grandfather Iboga, whatever one chooses to call him/her appeared to me). He appeared to me as a black man, an African warrior type being, and told me that he was here to help me. I began immediately thinking about my father, as I have much childhood trauma associated with him. Iboga clapped his hands, and my dad appeared. My father looked drunk, and had an aggressive, angry expression on his face, with his fists in the air like he was about to beat me. Suddenly, Iboga clapped his hands again, and instantly my father transformed into a scared little boy, perhaps around age eleven, crying about being beaten by his grandfather (his primary caregiver during his childhood). This vision humbled me to a level I'd never felt before; the massive resentment I held towards my dad was uprooted out of me by Iboga.

Iboga explained to me that when my father was 18, he had a younger brother who committed suicide by hanging himself, and my father had never been able to process the trauma from that event. Iboga explained to me that my father just wanted a better life for me than he had, but he just didn't know how to be a dad. I forgave him.

Next, came my mother. Iboga did something very different this time: he transformed me into my mother, and all of a sudden I felt all the pain and suffering that I had caused her during my addiction through lying, stealing, manipulating. This vision humbled me to a level I never felt before, and after the experience, I cannot bring myself to lie to her without bawling my eyes out, precisely because I was her and I felt all the pain I had caused her. Iboga allowed me to forgive myself for the pain I caused the woman who loved me more than anyone else in the world, but he emphasized that I must never again cause her that type of pain.

In all honesty, it did not take away my desire to use opioids entirely (strangely it made me more averse to crack cocaine), but it is much easier not to use. I am currently in an aftercare facility for 28 days, because I know I cannot live an actual life by being physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually dependent on opioids and crack cocaine. I am also currently detoxing from the diazepam that I was taking (unfortunately ibogaine doesn't cure that), and I honestly would trade benzodiazepine withdrawals for opiate withdrawals any day of the week.

It's a miracle cure if you truly desire it to be, but god damn does it annihilate my opioid addiction. I am in a state of transition, but I hope and pray for the best.

-VendettaG550
    Last edited by mr peabody; 02-07-2017 at 00:00.

8. Collapse Details

Resets & relapses: Ibogaine's role in combating opiate addiction

By Benjamin Taub

In a recent TED Talk, journalist Johann Hari suggested that “The opposite of addiction is not sobriety. The opposite of addiction is connection”. In other words, drug misuse often occurs
    as an attempt to fill the void when the social bonds that give meaning to our lives are missing or broken.

To highlight his point, Hari cites Bruce Alexander's Rat Park experiment, in which rodents kept in solitary confinement displayed a high propensity for drug misuse, while those with social stimulation did not. Naturally, this experiment is unlikely to ever be repeated using human subjects, although having spent the past year working at an ibogaine treatment centre, my experiences all point towards a very similar conclusion.

By way of introduction, ibogaine is a highly psychoactive alkaloid found in the root bark of a West African shrub called iboga. Because of its potent hallucinogenic effects, the plant has been used in spiritual healing and initiation rituals by indigenous communities for centuries, and in 1962 somehow found its way into the hands of a heroin-dependent New Yorker named Howard Lotsof.

After ingesting the substance and undergoing an intense psychedelic trip, Lotsof was astounded to discover that his opiate withdrawals and cravings had completely vanished -- an effect which has since been confirmed by a number of small-scale clinical studies.

As a consequence, an underground network of global ibogaine providers has sprung up over recent decades in places like Mexico, Costa Rica and New Zealand. However, with the substance being outlawed in several countries (including the US) and totally unregulated by the mainstream pharmaceutical industry, it remains off the table as an official treatment option.

Therefore, while some have labeled ibogaine a “magic bullet” for addiction -- citing the many anecdotal reports of people who have managed to end years of drug misuse with just a single dose of ibogaine -- the reality is that research into its long-term effects has been stunted, making it hard to separate the facts from the hype.

Yet if there's one thing I've learnt from working with ibogaine, it's that it doesn’t “cure” addiction all by itself. Rather, as the following case studies* highlight, when combined with the healthy restructuring of someone’s social environment, it can provide a unique and powerful tool in the quest of those seeking to tackle their addiction.

Erika's story

“I saw myself shrink into oblivion and just disappear off the face of the Earth, before re-emerging as a new-born baby. It's like I've been given the chance to start again as a completely new person -- like a second opportunity.”

This was how Erika described her ibogaine experience immediately after her treatment. Like almost all patients, she felt her withdrawals completely disappear soon after ingesting the substance, while at the same time undergoing an intense physical and psychological detox, which manifested itself as a vision of her own death. She described the sensation as a kind of bodily and mental “reset”.

However, within two months of her treatment, Erika relapsed. Trying to come to terms with how this happened, she explained that although she “didn't feel any physical cravings,” she simply did not know how to live without drugs, and was unable to occupy the social world of people not suffering from addiction.

“I tried to make new friends so that I could leave all my old contacts behind and start again, but none of them really understood me,” she said. “So in the end I had nowhere to go with this second opportunity that ibogaine had given me.”

As a result, she soon found herself back at the house of her ex-boyfriend, who had always been her main supplier of heroin, and it wasn't long before she began using again.

Summing up, Erika stated that “ibogaine can give you the chance to start over, but if you go back to all your old places and your old people, it won't work. You'll just become your old self again.”

Erika's story exemplifies Hari's point, that tackling addiction requires more than just physical sobriety; it involves the construction of a new lifestyle, supported by new social relations.

By allowing users to temporarily shed parts of their “ego” along with their withdrawals, the ibogaine-reset effect represents just the first step of this process: it offers a doorway out of the world of addiction, but doesn't necessarily provide anywhere else to go; it breaks a person’s bond with a drug, but doesn’t replace that bond with a new and healthier one.

Therefore, as the following case demonstrates, successfully leaving addiction behind can more often than not only be achieved by connecting to others.

David’s story

“I visualised all the bad relationships in my life, and realised I had to end them. Then I saw myself covered in black horns, which began falling off one by one. It was like the old me was dying and I was becoming a new person – like a total reset.”

David's description of his ibogaine experience bears many similarities to that of Erika’s, with the main difference being that one year later, he hasn’t relapsed. This he attributes to his ability to develop his identity as a “new person”, not only in his own eyes but those of others as well.

“Since my treatment, everyone says I’m a different person”, he explains. This has enabled him to repair many of his broken relationships and transform his social environment. For instance, he claims that “even my mother, who previously wanted nothing to do with me, says I’m completely different now, so she’s accepted me back into the house. We’ve even gone into business together.”

Thus, while ibogaine provided David with the tools to overcome his cravings and face his demons, it was the support of those around him that ultimately helped. Unlike Erika he had somewhere else to go. His final assessment of ibogaine subsequently mirrors Hari's opening sentiments: “Ibogaine gives you that reset that everyone talks about, but it only works if you have a support network which you can integrate into the process. As long as you can do that, you’ll be OK afterwards.”

-----

And, as an aside...

I've been using LSD to explore the inner workings of my consciousness and the fabric of the universe around me since I was 15, trying to use psychedelics at least twice a year as a sort of spiritual lesson/soul cleanser...unfortunately around the same age I also discovered opioid pills and their effect of killing pain (not just physical, but emotional pain as well). I eventually began using OxyContin as they were still readily available at the time and from that full blown physical addiction it was only a short jump to sniffing powder heroin from northeast new jersey and then, the needle. I developed a sick sort of academic love of IV opiates, and would regularly mix my heroin with a solution containing either hydro- or oxy-morphone, for maximum rush and "legs". Very dangerous, and I'm lucky to be alive, even with a multiple gram daily heroin tolerance.

I'm 24 now, and struggled with my own addiction for a long time while watching almost a dozen people I loved drop like flies from their own, and tried all sorts of traditional methods for getting clean, with varying degrees of success. I had a few weeks clean after my roommate and close friend died from his alcoholism and addictions, but was still struggling mentally when I was offered a tab of amazingly clean LSD that had been super dosed, clocking in somewhere around the 290-320 µg range. It had been about 18 months since my last trip, and I graciously accepted it.

I took it alone at home, and during meditation dove inside and fought off all the demons and servants of ego that had plagued me. When I burst free, ego free, during the peak, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced...I was able to put everything to rest.

Anyway, the point is I was hit with an absence of craving which has continued to this day. This all happened about 6 months ago, and I feel that night played a major part in my being able to leave the opiate chase behind so much easier. It's a shame they don't remove LSD and Psilocybin from Schedule I and allow their use in a psychiatric setting. I believe they'd be effective for not only drug and alcohol addiction but a host of other psychiatric conditions as well...

-Labubs

----

And this...

I’m here because I was on heroin for 6 years. I started smoking hash when I was 14 years old, as well as using LSD and a lot of other different things. And then I got a genius idea of trying heroin one day. And I felt like that was the piece of the puzzle that was missing inside of me. And ever since, the time has simply passed. It just disappeared, 6 years of my life have gone by and I can never get them back.

I really did try to beat my addiction many times. I was on methadone for 3 years, but that didn’t change anything. Staying away from methadone is nearly impossible. I attended inpatient treatment, but in order to get in I had to go to countless treatments and interviews. And nothing good ever came out of all that. I once managed to get in to impatient treatment in Denmark, and there I was taken off methadone. And that was the best thing I have ever tried. During the first month it was going well. Then I realized that I actually gave up, I didn’t consider I was able to save myself or do something with my own situation.

But I started researching on the internet and I found this Ibogaine clinic. And even though this clinic doesn’t have a magical cure, it has procedures that don’t exist in other places.

People from America and around the world come here to try some of these methods. I came here with the help of my family, who paid for everything and I got Rapid detox and Ibogaine. Ibogaine alone isn’t the most pleasant experience, but it blocked my addiction, which I would otherwise feel constantly.

When I got here I was on 250mg of methadone, but now for the first time in 6 years I once again feel alive. I would like to recommend to all my friends, all the people I know in Denmark, who don’t believe there is hope for them, to give Ibogaine a try.

-anon
    Last edited by mr peabody; 12-11-2017 at 00:45.

9. Collapse Details

I was on methadone and a month before treatment switched to a SAO, and even with the sao I still have mild withdrawal from horrible methadone!! Got to Mexico for treatment and haven't looked back! Methadone and suboxone have made my addiction worse! The detox is so much worse than heroin! I detoxed 6 weeks off 2mg of methadone before turning back to the needle.
    And I did everything humanly possible to stop. Ibogaine is the only thing that worked.

Suboxone is NOT being clean. Ask those people what they would do if they missed 2 days of dose? Lol those "sober" people would be right back out there I put my life on it! Clean means abstinence. Maintenance programs are fine IF you're honest with yourself that you are never going to be clean and that you can know you will be on this med till you die! My methadone clinic had quite a few 70 something patients. And they all can barely walk now because methadone is known to be involved with osteoporosis and osteopenia! Make sure you research it before you let someone who hasn't lived this hell pull the rug over your face! Research ibogaine. It might not be for you, but I pray it is because it affects you mentally and physically. And as science has proven most addicts have mental problems with addiction. That's why ibogaine works! Without mental clarity I received from my trip I would not be clean!

-cherries27

-----

Ibogaine and treatment of heroin addiction

When I woke up yesterday morning, I opened the door of my bedroom and walked out to a balcony overlooking the Pacific. I waited to catch a glimpse of the dolphins I had seen the day
    before and moved on to my meditation ritual. That was the closest I’d get to a mystical experience at the "XYZ treatment facility" in Mexico.

Kim, who'd been upstairs, is a 29-year-old with the face of a teenager who has been addicted to heroin for seven years. Just like Colin, also undergoing the Ibogaine treatment in the same room, Kim suffered an accident and became dependent on prescription painkillers. When doctors wouldn’t prescribe them anymore, she turned to black market pills. She received a settlement from the accident and said she spent the $90,000 on pills. Finally, she turned to the cheaper alternative, heroin.

Just like Colin, Kim said other programs would detox her on Suboxone, a drug used to treat opioid addiction, which also has a high risk for addiction and dependence. She said those programs crowd people into bunk beds and although they teach the twelve steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, she never “even got past the first step.” As other addicts I interviewed told me, you become dependent on the Suboxone and the Methadone and “you can’t really function.”

Scott, founder of "the facility" who says he owes his years of recovery to Ayahuasca, says up to 70 percent of people who have gone through his treatments have stayed sober. According to a 2014 study looking at relapse rates after other residential treatments, 29 percent of people who are opioid dependent will remain abstinent after a year. Scott says Ibogaine helps fight cravings, and they (the facility) also integrates heavy doses of therapy, meditation, exercise and a nutritional diet to help people craft a foundation for daily life.

“By the end of the treatment they are no longer physically dependent on heroin,” says Scott. “Once the bell has been rung, it’s impossible to un-ring it. They come face to face with parts of themselves they had been unwilling to look at, and because of the journey they are in, there’s nowhere to run. We are integrating pieces of ourselves that are at war with eachother and once those pieces integrate, it is a lot easier to experience and be able to keep on the path.”

-XYZ Treatment facility (real name withheld)

-----

3 years ago I was hooked on painkillers. I took anything I could find. Methadone, oxy, morphine, I even ordered poppy pods from the Internet and made my own laudanum. I was having
    fun as long as I had my fix. Then painkillers started drying up because the medical community started getting flak for handing out pills to almost anyone. So heroin came around and that
    was easier to find than weed for a while. I started doing dope when I couldn't find pain pills. When I didn't have them I got sick.

So my buddy calls me and says he and some LSD. We took 2 hits of potent LSD around 9pm and then around 1am 120mg of MDMA. What I experienced around 2am was the most amazing feeling a human should ever be able to feel. Everything was OK, for the first time in my life I felt things were going to be alright. I was a junkie but that didn't define me, it only defined my choices up to that point, and I saw that could change it anytime I wanted.

I wasn't convinced the feeling would last, but for a long time after I was unbelievably happy. I lost weight, got married, had a baby, got a raise and promotion, started writing music again,
    and most importantly, I haven't had any pain pills or dope in over two years.

I sincerely believe I was able to overcome my addiction because of the psychedelics. Had I not taken that combo, I'm not so sure I'd even be alive today.

-Buck_Thunderpumper

-----

Ibogaine does have dangerous interactions with opiods - when used irresponsibly. What I want to relay, specifically, is that at LOW doses (again, 10 - 20mg) the opiate reset effect is fairly minimal - it seemed not so much to reset tolerance as to halt its development, which allowed me to use the chemicals i needed to in a stretch without incurring a massive habit, something that may be INCREDIBLY useful to people in chronic pain management situations. Now, i fully think that anyone taking it at all should probably have the arrhythmia screening - but then again, i also put up to your consideration the sale of Lambarine, a 12mg ibogaine pep pill which was commonly sold in France at the turn of the century and seems to have no connotation of being dangerous or causing death in the people taking it.

But it is a risk calculation. In my particular situation it was "OMG, I'm doing some shit totally beyond the pall of normal human behavior, the end result of which may be completely unmanageable addiction and probably death, or i could try this untested compound in a new way that I have a hunch may just do the trick (I've done a flood dose before to kick dope)." All I wanted to do is honestly relay that I feel this compound has saved my life a second time, and that continued low dose usage seems to have compounding positive effects both on my mental state and immune system. I don't know that i want to take it forever, it kind of seems to even mitigate administration of itself along with other chemicals, and as time goes on my drive to take it certainly diminishes. I'm not saying I want to take this stuff forever. I'm saying if I NEED it, I never want to be without it. I hope this reply clarifies some of my previous points. I should be clear that I have already been screened for arrhythmia, and I am familiar with ibogaine in general. If that wasn't the case I'd be much more concerned for my well being.

-cdin

-----

Here are excerpts taken from a journal of a friend of mine who used Low Dose Ibogaine and Memantine to overcome an opiate addiction and the terrible withdraws that come with it. I hope it helps others that are dealing with the horror of addiction and the hell of opiate withdraw. There is hope!

A quick background of my friend. I'll refer to him as "Bob".

Bob started an addiction to pain pills (vicoden, oxy, Opana) about 2 years ago. It went from a few vicodens a day and progressed to about 120-180 mgs of oxycodone per day. Bob got to the point of taking his last dose around 7:00 at night, then waking up around 2:30 in the morning in withdraws...cold sweats, restless legs and just that in ability to fall asleep without another fix. His motivation to work or get anything productive done was gone. His relationships suffered greatly and his life revolved around finding a way to get his next fix.

He thought about Suboxone treatment, but didn't want to trade one addiction for another. As many people know, coming off Suboxone is almost as painful as withdrawing from other opiates...something the Suboxone Doctors don't like to tell you.

This is when he started studying Ibogaine and Memantine. While Ibogaine is illegal in the USA and Memantine is very hard to get a prescription for, as most doctors have little sympathy for opiate addicts, especially when they aren't going to be making much money prescribing Memantine. They push suboxone because this ensures the doctor will keep you coming back and paying your hard earned money to them.

Both Ibogaine and Memantine can be found online, without a prescription, from reliable sources if you search hard enough. The Ibogaine used in Bob's experiment was the HCL form. It comes in 3 forms, HCL, TA and Root Bark. The best and most potent of the 3 is the HCL.

Bob started by cutting down his dose of oxy from 180 mgs to around 100 mgs per day. This was not enough to get him high, but enough to keep him out of withdraws.

Day 1: After receiving his Ibogaine and Memantine, he begain first thing in the morning, before taking any oxy, by taking a 5 mg of Memantine and about 30mgs of Ibogaine HCL on an empty stomach. This was to test and see if he had any allergies or adverse reactions to them. A slight stimulant effect was noticed from the Ibogaine and no real effect was noticed from the Memantine. 3 hours after, Bob took his usual doses of oxy throughout the day. No real changes where noticed.

•VERY IMPORTANT...be sure to wait at least 3 hours after taking Ibogaine before taking ANY opiate. Everyone is different and it's possible that the potentiating effects of Ibogaine could cause an overdose of whatever opiate you take. Until you know how this effects you, start with taking half of your usual opiate dose 3 hours after the Ibogaine and assess the results. Please be careful!

Day 2: Bob upped the dose of Ibogaine to 50 mgs first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. He also took 5 mgs of Memantine in the morning and another 5 in the evening. The Oxy was taken as usual.

This went on for 5 more days. Bob was still waking up in withdraws in the middle of the night for this first week but did notice they weren't nearly as bad.

Week 2:

Bob upped his dose to 100 mgs of Ibogaine first thing in the morning on an empty stomach along with the 5 mgs of Memantine in the morning and another 5 mgs in the evening. The Ibogaine definatly produced a stimulant effect and a very mild "Trippy" feeling that lasted about 2 hours. It was not uncomfortable and allowed Bob to still function normally.

By the end of the 2nd week, Bob was sleeping through the night with absolutely NO withdraw feelings waking him up. The Oxy was also slightly more potent. He also noticed that rather than having to take a morning dose of oxy, he could wait until around 2-3:00 in the afternoon before even the slightest feeling of withdraw would begin. This was amazing considering just 2 weeks earlier, Bob couldn't go more than 8-10 hours without having terrible withdraws. He was now able to go 17-20 hours before even the slightest withdraws started.

Week 3:

This week, Bob decided to take a larger dose of Ibogaine for 2 days in a row. He had off work on Monday and Tuesday so decided to take advantage of it.

Bob woke up on Monday and took 250 mgs of Ibogaine HCL with his normal 5 mg Memantine. This caused a bit more of a Trippy feeling that lasted about 3-5 hours. It wasn't uncomfortable, just not something you should drive on at this dose. Memantine at 5 mgs was taken as usual that evening.

Tuesday Bob followed the same protocol as Monday.

By Wednesday, Bobs brain felt completely reset. The cravings for opiates were gone. He took 30 mgs of oxy Wednesday but just for fun...not out of a feeling of needing it or physical dependency.

Thursday, Bob continued to take Ibogaine but at a much lower dose...just 20 mgs first thing in the morning. He also took NO OPIATES AT ALL on this day. This is the first time in almost 2 years Bob as taken no opiate of any kind. He noticed slight chills that night but was able to fall back asleep with no real problem. He stopped all opiates for another 3 days just to be sure the the physical dependency was gone. I'm pleased to say it was. He had a fairly sever headache on day 2 but that was quickly remedied with 2 Excedrine Migraine pills.

Bob continued to take 20-50 mgs of Ibogaine and 5-10 mgs of Memantine for the next 2 weeks. He took an average of 1, 30mg oxycodone pill every other day. Each time was at a dose of 30 mgs of oxy. This was again, just for fun and not out of a feeling of physical dependancy. I know you maybe asking why not just quit completely. According to Bob, he likes the ability to relax with an occasional opiate as opposed to a beer like most of us. Whether that's a good idea or not, at least it doesn't control his life anymore and he isn't physically dependent on opiates to function...each to his/her own I guess.

The strange thing was that while Bob's physical dependency for opiates was almost completely gone, he still required 30 mgs of oxycodone to get any kind of a high. One would expect tolerance to go down, requiring less oxy to get a buzz or get high. This was not the case with Bob but everyone is different.

In conclusion, it seems that their may be a way to completely avoid the horror of opiate withdraw, even with a fairly high tolerance and addiction. Everyone says that there's no magic bullet to cure withdraws...but after reading and seeing Bobs experience first hand, I would have to disagree. In just 5 weeks Bob went from a 2 year, 180 mg plus per day oxycodone addiction, down to absolutely no physical dependence at all. He did this with NO withdraws and even continued to take the occasional oxy for fun when we wanted.

Warning and Disclaimer:

It would be irresponsible of me to suggest that this method of over coming opiate withdraw is for everyone. It's not. Before considering it, you must do your own research about the side effects of both Ibogaine and Memantine. Ibogaine should not be used by anyone with a pre-existing liver or heart problem. It should also not be taken in the evening as it is a stimulant. A thorough search of drug interactions, specifically with Memantine should also be done. Neither Bob nor myself are doctors so this information should be used for recreational reasons only and NOT taken as medical advice.

I'd be happy to answer any questions as best I can. But to all those who are trapped in the hell of opiate addiction, there is hope. It's not cheap but it's certainly cheaper than a daily opiate addiction and much cheaper than any Suboxone treatment clinic.

I truly hope this helps someone. I saw it change my friend Bob's life first hand. I also believe it can be accomplished in less time than what it took Bob. If your motivated, I think one could over come opiate addiction with little to no withdraws in as little as 3 weeks.

If your willing to put yourself through a full "Flood Dose" of Ibogaine, one could even avoid opiate withdraw and overcome their physical addiction in 24-36 hours. This would not be what I would recommend however as the Flood Dose Trip can be VERY intense and possibly very dangerous. Unless you are in perfect medical condition AND have a care giver/babysitter to stay with you for the entire trip, I strongly advise against it. I believe the low dose treatment option over a period of 2-5 weeks is the best and safest method to take.

It also must be noted that while Ibogaine and Memantine will get you through the physical addiction and withdraws fairly painlessly, the mental addiction will still be there. That said, it's very important to follow up with a support group of some kind...NA and/or AA meetings are very helpful and increase your chances of success in the long run greatly!

Having been through my own addictions and seen many others ruin their lives because of addiction, I understand the hell and shame of a downward spiral substance abuse can lead to. So when I find a method that works as well as the Low Dose Ibogaine/Memantine method, I get excited because I know it can change lives and heal those that are willing to be helped. Being a slave to a substance is no way to live and an easy way to die.

To all those that are struggling with opiate addiction...I'm here to tell you there's hope and a way to minimize if not completely eliminate the horrible opiate withdraws. All you need to do is decide to take that leap of faith! ;-)

Having gone through my own addiction issues and experienced the absolute hell of opiate withdraw on 3 separate occasions, (all were legally prescribed meds that I decided to quit on my own due to my inability to function at work while on pain meds) I have a great deal of compassion for anyone dealing with opiate addiction/withdraw.

There is no reason for anyone to go through the sleepless nights, vomiting, diarrhea and skin crawling joint pain of opiate withdraws ever again to get clean. There really is an alternative and I can't believe that in this country no one is using Ibogaine to get opiate addicts clean. It works and, while it isn't cheap, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than an opiate addiction. Not to mention it completely resets your brain and gives you back your motivation, and love for life again.

-workin2005

-----

Oxycodone habit aborted with low dose Ibogaine

Fred had the rewarding opportunity to sit in on Josh's's detox from 150-180mg/day Oxy (insufflation) habit, duration of 3 months.

Subjects pre-history w/opiates:

*1999-2002 heroin habit 1-3gm/day (gaining daily intake by approximate 1gm per year, graduating from sniffing>smoking>shooting in the first year).

*late 2002 Successful Ibogaine hcl treatment.

*early 2010 Subject had surgery, resulting in Hydrocodone & Oxycodone habit, tapered down from 100mgs/day to 40mgs/day before a flood of Ibogaine hcl aprox 100 days after surgery, successful results.

*Mid 2012 subject injured neck in a bike wreck, resulting in the above mentioned recent habit (150-180mg/day Oxy)

Subject was gradually administered low doses of Iboga 80% TA (total alkaloid extract) in combination with small doses of methadone just prior to anticipated withdrawal symptoms. (Every 8-12 hours)

Subject metabolizes opiates quite rapidly, thus the methadone was administered in micro doses 2-3x/day. In combo of building up to a flood of the Iboga on day 3, as the Iboga was increased, the methadone was reduced by 1/3 (18-12-6-0), the 4th day being 0 opiates. Total Iboga amount required 470mg, spread across 5 days, with a peak of 200mg on day 3 (60-100-200-60-50).

Extreme care and calculations based on providers experience and open/honest dialogue and agreement with subject assured no risk of overdose, or an overwhelming Iboga experience, as the subject had already been through two single dose Ibogaine complete rebirths, with 12+hours of visuals and no sleep for 36 hours - which was quite overwhelming for the subject. This detox was more like an abortion as opposed to the classic Iboga rebirth.

The concept of introducing methadone in combo with the Iboga TA was two-fold:

1. To stabilize the subject from the ping-pong effect of short acting Oxy (going through withdrawals every 2-3 hours) while gently introducing the Iboga into the mix without a major Iboga experience.

2. Limited resources, Iboga is a precious sacred medicine!

Subject was able to sleep about 4-5 hours/night the first 2 nights with the administration of low doses of Valium, melatonin, L-Trytophan and 5-HTP. Sleep became an obstacle after the flood on day 3, getting only 2 hours of sleep, leaving subject a bit tattered on day 4, but hung in like a champ and got 4 hours sleep the following night.

Surprise surprise! During day 4 the subject was quite restless and was offered a small amount of cannabis (less than 1/20th/gm). This helped subject relax for a few minutes but then began to potentiate the Iboga (or vice-versa) and led to a 3 hour tearful cathartic experience - including visuals - illustrating the subject's traumas, failures, triumphs, lies, truths and challenges in life. Although subject was not comfortable with the process, literally 8-10 years peeled away from subject's face. As the processing subsided, subject was left with a deep calm, in spite of the challenges to be faced moving forward.

FYI, The cannabis was a Sativa variety - Dutch Treat. Had an Indica strain been available, the cannabis would have had a more sedating effect. It is Fred's opinion that Sativa varieties of cannabis have what Fred refers to as the truth serum effect, in addition to visualization, and psychoactive properties.

Subject is quite clear on day 5, was able to go food shopping and a short walk in nature, and has a complete 180 degree view on life and purpose moving forward. Aftercare plans include ending addictive associations of people, places and things and reaching out to Iboga peers met during previous treatments. Subject is not a 12 stepper, but does not rule out that in case of cravings, and is quite knowledgable with the right supplements and physical activities for a healthy rebound.

Fred always finds it a blessing and miracle to witness a seemingly hopeless addict transform through the sacred medicine of Iboga. Aside from the spiritual/psychological healing aspects of Iboga are the physiological aspects of how the Ibogaine molecule helps reset/repair the opiate receptors/peptides.

-3rdStoneFromTheSun
    Last edited by mr peabody; 16-11-2017 at 02:08.

10. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I need to find a service for this I have been on methadone almost my entire life. I'm 30 I have been on it for almost 15 years now. So it's getting old. So after you take the iBoga do you wake up the next day and your withdrawals are gone? Or is withdrawal still a thing at that you will have to go through. And see my problem is is I'm on methadone so methadone withdrawals can last up to 2 months. Also is this treatment only available in Canada legally? If I wanted to get into it would it be a very expensive endeavor. I'm on the East Coast by the way if that helps at all.
    Awesome report by the way thank you

11. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Most treatment centers suggest strongly or actually require you to switch to a short-acting opiate before treatment. Apparently ibogaine doesn't work nearly as well for methadone or suboxone. Best is something like codeine but even apparently heroin is much better than methadone. Also I found it works the best to be in withdrawals for a while before taking it.

During the experience the withdrawals are definitely eliminated. In my experience, the trip lasted 3 days before I was able to be fully aware of what was actually going on, and when I came out of it I felt AMAZING, no withdrawals at all. Then due to some stresses of going back to work too early, I ended up taking some opiates twice after that and the withdrawals came back some, and then I took a smaller booster dose 6 days after I took the flood dose. Had a great night, really interesting experience that sort of tied the whole thing together, the next day I had a moment where suddenly I felt like I had woken up from being a crazy person, I felt light withdrawals still for a week but I didn't care, I've never taken an opiate again and my life has changed a lot. I can't be sure whether if I hadn't slipped up right afterwards, I would have had no withdrawals ever again, or if they would have come back a little anyway.

By the way I had switched down from poppy tea (oral opium, also a very long half-life but not as long as methadone) down to kratom beforehand, and then I was in withdrawal for 5 days without any opiates before I took it.

Yeah it's legal in Canada and Mexico, actually pretty much everywhere in the world except the US.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Lol and they wonder why the USA uses 80% of the world paikillers. You can't get treatment.

13. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    So if you were in withdrawal when you initially took the ibogane that's got to be a little bit weird tripping on that while you're ill.

14. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Ibogaine blocks opiate withdrawal entirely at that high of a dose. It actually has activity at the opiate receptors. Also the trip was more like I was dreaming for 3 days, very dissociative in nature... most of the time I wasn't even aware I was on something or even that I was me sometimes. I found it entirely comfortable the whole time. The first thing I noticed was that I didn't feel any withdrawals anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigazznugz View Post
    Lol and they wonder why the USA uses 80% of the world paikillers. You can't get treatment.
    Well it's not the only reason, we also have crazy pain clinic mills that give them to anyone, lots of areas where there are massive amounts circulating, and we have a much larger population than most countries in the world. But yeah, they just want to stick you on legal opioids for the most part, or else push you into the margins of society by criminalizing you, and helping the for-profit prisons thrive. It's pretty fucking evil.
    Last edited by Xorkoth; 22-06-2017 at 18:13.

15. Collapse Details

Ibogaine treatment for heroin addiction

In the 60’s a young heroin addict named Howard Lotsof had an interest in psychoactive drugs. A chemist he knew gave him something called Ibogaine—a synthesized drug extracted from the plant “Tabernanthe Iboga”. After taking Ibogaine he had no cravings for heroin anymore. He tested it on some friends, and they had the same reaction.
    After the drug wore off they realized they had no cravings for their heroin addictions.

Ibogaine treatment for heroin and opiate addiction is still considered underground today. Few people know about it. Many heroin addicts will tell you the first time they heard about Ibogaine it seemed like pie in the sky. Many who have taken Ibogaine for their addictions have the same story, they went to a clinic outside of the USA, they hoped it would work, and the impact on their lives was even greater than they thought. But the question here isn’t whether Ibogaine should be accepted as the only treatment for addiction, the question is whether it should be viewed as a viable treatment for addiction.

Ibogaine is a Schedule 1 drug in the USA. Since the 1960's, Ibogaine has gone through several studies outside the USA with very little testing being done in the USA. Currently, many addicts seek Ibogaine treatment for heroin addiction in countries like Mexico or Canada—where it is not illegal.

Ibogaine can be used to successfully treat those who are already addicted, especially those that have gone through traditional methods of treatment with little or no success.

Ibogaine is a psychedelic drug. Often users describe their experience with Ibogaine as being in a dream-like state. Ibogaine not only treats physical addiction, but it also treats addiction on other levels, helping many addicts find the deeper reasons for their addiction.

Ibogaine bonds with opioid receptors to reset the brain. This interrupts the addiction and puts the brain back to a pre-addicted state. For the addict, in essence, it significantly reduces, or in most cases eliminates, withdrawals from the addiction.

-Aeden Smith-Ahearn

-----

Heroin “Control+Alt+Delete”

by Luis G.

Well, I decided to wait a month before writing to you about my ibogaine experience. I did this just to make sure everything is in working order all up in here (my head).

A bit about myself: I’m an artist (painter/photographer). I earned a bachelor’s degree in fine art and art history, I’ve held a steady job for about 6 years, and I’ve been shooting heroin for
    the past 12 years, everyday, several times a day. I’d been addicted to heroin since the age of 17. I ad fun for about 5 years, then at the age of 23 I decided to try and quit. Soon I became addicted to methadone, not really knowing how much more addictive it was and how much harder it is to kick than heroin. The past 6 years have been spent in utter misery trying to get off opiates. I juggled heroin, methadone, and cocaine all at once.

I tried several detox programs, kicked cold turkey several times, spent a year in jail, lost a few friends, and I overdosed, landing myself in the intensive care unit more than once. I took ibogaine once before as part of a drug study at the University of Miami. The dosage used back then (1996) was much lower than they use today and my experience then was nothing at all like my last experience with it. the first time in 1996 I slept through it; this time I did not sleep for days. Even though the ibogaine did its job at getting me off the methadone with minimal withdrawals, I was really not ready to quit my habit. I was back on heroin in a couple weeks. i just wasn’t ready.

A month ago I felt I was very ready to quit my habit. My body and mind have not been dealing too well with this crazy-rollercoaster-life I have chosen for myself. Within the last 3 years I have probably kicked heroin/methadone about 8 or 9 times, but never fully detoxed, and always feeling quite uncomfortable. Every time I kicked, I seemed to pick up right when the withdrawals were about to end. I just couldn’t bare the last few days of it. All I needed was the right tools, but I couldn’t think of anything.

My girlfriend at the time had been seeing what I was going through, and started doing research to see if there was anything she or I could do. She found out about ibogaine and told me about it. At the time she mentioned it, I had totally forgotten about it, but when I remembered, I immediately decided that this was it. This is exactly what I needed.

In a week I was in San Diego with Dr. Smith*, and having cut down my use considerably, I was pretty damn sick. Dr. Smith showed concern for me, seeing how I was feeling, and dosed me at 5pm on a Monday. I was looking at this as a second chance at regaining my life. And I took it very seriously.

Once I ingested the ibogaine, in 30 minutes it was beginning to work. First my skin went numb, then I felt warmth in my spine and the back of my head. At this point my withdrawals were of
    no concern anymore, but I had no time to reflect on that because that’s when the spinning started. I had this incredible spinning sensation. I covered my eyes and my ears to try and ease that sensation. but this effort was futile. The spinning only increased in speed. The spinning was so fast that I was very scared all of a sudden. I felt like I was on the brink of losing my mind. Then I realized that I was fighting the trip; anyhow, I could hold it off no longer, so I just “let go”. As soon as I “let go” the spinning seemed to stop completely and I seemed to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I had no sense of self, meaning I had no idea where I was, who I was, or what I was doing here… wherever ‘here’ is. Nothing was of importance.

I was conscious, but I was not ‘thinking’ per se, I was simply observing. I wasn’t even aware of the visual hallucinations I was having, which were quite considerable in substance and quantity. I remembered them afterwards. There were lots of plant and animal images, and many indecipherable sounds. I experienced a flying sensation which was quite blissful. Time and space where nowhere to be found and I have never been so “in the moment” as I was at that point, not a second forward or a second backwards… I was here and now. My consciousness of it was a bit shocking. I had not really thought of it (or anything for that matter) until a certain point during the trip, which seemed like forever but at the same time, kind of timeless.

Visual hallucinations kept coming and were very present but at a certain point I seemed to interact with someone else in the trip. There was no physical body to this individual. and my interactions with him where vague. He showed me things, something like pictures, but pictures I’ve seen before. This “person”, or whatever you want to call it, seemed to do something to me. Somehow he took something out of me and replaced it with something else. It was very weird. This replacement seemed to take place in my head/brain. That’s just the way I perceived it. And whatever he put in seemed to fit like a puzzle piece. It felt ancient and more powerful than my own self. Then I had this image/feeling of re-connection to the earth where my head seemed to be planted in the ground. I had a pretty good look at myself with my head in the dark soil and my feet sticking straight up.

Then all of a sudden I was thrust back into my body. I felt the spinning again, and I felt the room around me. It was already morning. and I began to attempt to move. I got up and sat on the couch in my room with great effort. I was quite fatigued, and I felt in awe of how powerful this stuff was. I immediately began to process the experience, and even though I was pretty tired, very edgy and stimulated, uncoordinated, and feeling heavy, I felt quite ok… I felt very human once again and not to mention very happy. If I could have jumped up and down in joy I would have, but that was impossible because I could hardly move. I did not sleep for the next three days. I felt better each day, and by Friday I'd slept and was feeling 110% better.

The best way to describe what I went though I guess, would be to say that it was like hitting CONTROL+ALT+DELETE on a computer. Total restart.

This past Wednesday has been one month since I used heroin. and I have no interest in using ever again. I feel I can really move on now. The ibogaine glow is gone; I can no longer feel it,
    but I can actually “feel” again. 12 years medicated and desensitized is all behind me now. I can move forward freely, nothing holding me back.

Some significant side notes: I quit smoking cigarettes. Meditation is easy, not difficult like it was before; my mind seemed to always race. My depression is gone. And I’m running again. I haven’t felt this good since I was 16.

So yeah… I’m good now! Thanks for reading this far.

p.s. – I would do it again. I feel that anyone, drug addicted or not, can benefit from this. My mind is much healthier today and ibogaine was a very important catalyst in regaining this health.

* real name withheld

-----

I beat my addiction with a single large dose of iboga. I walked away from a 6-7 year addiction to opiates/methadone, and was clean for 5 years, until I was injured and put on pain meds. But even then I never went overboard with them, and used iboga again to easily quit.

After that first dose, I quit smoking cigarettes for 3 years. I quit eating sweets, drinking soda, and using all hard/addictive drugs. If I hadn't found iboga, I am sure my life would have gone in a much different direction. It's a miracle, but it does take some effort to maintain your sobriety. Iboga just gets you through the intense physical and mental withdrawal, as well as give you insights into your addiction, but it does not automatically change your lifestyle.

It can make a healthy lifestyle much more desirable, but it's up to you to stick with the program. It kinda sits on your shoulder for a few weeks, and let's you know what is good and not so good for you, but it's up to you to choose the healthy choices.. So, just don't go into iboga expecting a cure all, because it still takes work, however, after 7 clinical detoxes of differing methods, a few cold turkeys, and finally full on methadone addiction, iboga took away all the most difficult withdrawal, and any/all cravings I had for it for weeks, or months.

Then once I felt all better, around 2 months clean, I felt as if I had never used. Only the first week or so was a little difficult, but no tougher than any of the clinical detoxes. Although, when I left to go home, my minor symptoms didn't get a lot worse, like had always happened when I'd left every other detox. It actually got easier each and every day. My recovery was remarkably fast, considering the fact that after my first clinical detox I only stayed clean for 3 weeks, plus the week I was in detox on their drug cocktail, and I had never felt as good as with the iboga only two short weeks later..

After one month without dope, using the traditional method of detox, I still could not sleep, had occasional but fairly regular goosebumps, constant cravings, and sniffles, or runny nose the whole time. After one month from eating the iboga, I felt almost no withdrawal symptoms at all, and I was only lacking a bit of energy. I felt good, and was into a normal eating/sleeping pattern, and was just a little run down or tired, and lacking some motivation.

By the end of the second month, I was out riding my skateboard, playing with the kids, and running around the country to music festivals. So for me, iboga was definitely the key to unlocking my potential, and it showed me that it was possible. Without it, I doubt I'd be here typing to you today. So yes, I actually recovered and I definitely stand by the iboga detox for anyone who has tried many other ways but failed.

-GratefulDad

-----

I believe Ibogaine is the answer for most opiate addicts. Unfortunately it wouldn't be a money maker for the drug companies since it's an herb and of course they won't touch it unless it makes $$$$. It makes me sick to think that so many people like my son could be helped and no longer take opiates. He went thru the treatment last year (clandestinely) and he's not touched it since and says he has no desire to. I don't know where or how he did this and he will not tell me because he doesn't want to get into trouble (or me either).

-Tiss
    Last edited by mr peabody; 20-08-2017 at 21:56.

16. Collapse Details

I just returned from an ibogaine treatment center, having been treated for my addiction to heroin and cocaine. Before my treatment, I was completely negative, cynical, depressed, cranky
    and awful. I hated everything. Attempts at cold turkey were horrendous, and I reached a point of complete desperation.

I was fortunate enough to have a family member who sent me to Mexico to receive treatment with ibogaine. The experience was intense and life-changing.

Ibogaine allows you to see visions when you close your eyes, thus it has been coined as an "oneirophrenic" drug (meaning that it induces a dream-like state). I had many visions that I feel helped me sort out who I am and what I need to do in life to be happy.

I emerged from my trip with absolutely no physical withdrawals from opiates. This, to many people, is the most miraculous aspect of ibogaine.

However, for me, I feel that the drastic change in outlook that took place within me is the most important change. Other rehab programs can get you physically clean, but the psychological root of your addiction still remains, and may take years of therapy to go away, and may never go away.

I have since been offered opiates, and I can honestly say I have absolutely no desire to take them. I just don't see the point anymore. I could go outside and lay in the sun, and that would
    feel so much better than shooting up. Ibogaine literally reset my brain, emotions, and body. I can't wait for what life has to offer.

Ibogaine isn't a magic bullet or a cure, but it stops the momentum of your addiction and gives you a moment to step back and evaluate who you are and who you want to become. I feel a great responsibility to spread the word about ibogaine now, since this miracle drug truly saved my life. Ibogaine can free you from your addiction, both physically and mentally.

It's not a long term solution in and of itself, however I feel that ibogaine treated the root of my addiction. If I'd gotten physically clean through a different rehab, I'd still be depressed and alone. Ibogaine is different, though, because it changes your attitude. I truly don't want to use anymore. No cravings.

I think that ibogaine has stopped the momentum of my addiction and given me a chance to step back and evaluate how to proceed in my life. It offers enough time to establish good habits, that when the afterglow has worn off I know my life will be so great I won't ever want to shoot dope again.

-Morphinox

-----

Ibogaine is a quick way to reset the brain chemistry. People don’t talk about this aspect very much, most people focus on it’s ability to interrupt opiate withdrawal symptoms (which is extremely notable!), however, in very simple terms the brain “reset”, is quite phenomenal. Suboxone directly to ibogaine is ineffective, due to suboxone’s ability to store itself in one’s fat cells. However, I got off suboxone with ibogaine (which is why I am talking so much about it). I switched to a short acting opiate for a duration of time and then went through ibogaine treatment. I came out the other side with what felt like a pre-addicted brain. I was happy. My receptors did not crave opiates. My endorphins worked properly. So I would not say that suboxone has a permanent effect on the brain. The brain is constantly changing. Whether you get off through tapering and let the brain heal itself over the course of a couple of years – or you pick up natural supplements, yoga, etc. to speed up the process – or you do something like ibogaine — your receptors can and will heal! Think positively. Suboxone is a nasty thing, a hard thing to get over, but it is definitely more than possible!

-f33lg00d
    Last edited by mr peabody; 04-09-2017 at 01:51.

17. Collapse Details

The way ibogaine changed my entire life

I was using opiate-based pain medication for approximately 9 years and I switched back and forth to IV Heroin for 2-3 years 2007/08-2010 before deciding to take both the legal as well as medical risk to order ibogaine online and take it outside of a clinical setting. I read up for weeks on the subject and also had my primary doc send me for multiple heart testing. I told him I needed the testing due to my family history. I somehow managed to get funding together via saving, selling possessions and also 3 very generous donations from online friends and made
    my purchase. A month later my order had arrived.

Prior to my ingestion of Iboga/Ibogaine I'd been taking daily doses of Harmala extracts, as I dosed ayahuasca brewed from Mimosa daily for the 2 weeks prior to my Ibogaine experience. I did not take any Harmala the day I started dosing Ibogaine or any days following but by having them already build a level up in my system I was able to extend my amount of iboga and ibogaine considerably as I was extremely sensitive to it due to the harmal namely harmine's effects. But mixing Iboga and/or Ibogaine with MAOI's even Harmalas of the RIMA class can potentially be fatal. Harmalas can still have an effect the day after taking them or for days if they've already built up in your system. I don't know how long exactly but this was taken into consideration in regards to safety.

I waited as long as I could after my last dose of opiates wore off to make sure they were out of my system as mixing the 2 substances can be deadly, and I made sure my friend Peter came over to act as a sober sitter in case an emergency should arise. I sat at my computer talking in a chat room related to hallucinogenics to help put my head in the right place.

Although I only took a mild flood dose the first day I continually dosed on both the TA and Hcl for the first 4 days until I had run out and continued to take small doses of the root bark 2 grams at most for the following week and a half. In all, over a 9 day period: 4 grams of TA, 2 grams of HCL, and 20 grams of rootbark.

After an hour I felt the first effects coming on which were primarily ataxia better known as The Shakes and looked to my left and my first visualization manifested on my bedroom wall. A giant realistic 3D DNA double Helix even tho everything else looked absolutely normal. The chat-room people advised I go lay down for it so I left my computer and moved to my bed. While looking at the ceiling I next noticed that the sunlight coming in my room was literally pulsing on the ceiling and that the music I was listening to had begun to sound much faster than it normally would. I had absolutely no anxiety at this point and am the type of person who used to have insane panic attacks from psychedelics and even smoking too much pot but this was very relaxing as long as I didn't try to move.

I closed my eyes and strangely I found that I could actually see my room still and even tested this by putting a german down feather comforter over my head began moving my hand in front of my covered and closed eyes and to my amazement could see my hand fingers and arm clearly but differently as I could only see in red, and it was like being in a very very dimly lit room. At this point I noticed that the withdrawal I had started to experience before taking the ibogaine had vanished completely but I felt severely depressed like I was coming off of some kind of stimulant (this was the ibogaine cleaning out and resetting the affected dopaminergic receptor sites) used for ADHD medication and was very anti-social and not talkative with Peter. This passed after some time and suddenly it felt as if I had taken some kind of Dopamine elevating medication like what is used for ADHD. Basically it was like experiencing such a type of drug's effects literally backwards. Days even 2 months later I still felt emotionally amazing and never experienced any sort of crash as one would by taking medication to feel that way and to this day still 3 years later I may not feel it to such a heavy degree but I wake up every day quite happy and functioning.

The final hallucinogenic effect I will mention was the following. I turned my head to my left with my eyes closed and my jaw dropped as I saw my recently deceased Friend/Brother/Mentor standing right next to me as clear as anything I see this very moment, yet he did have a sort of glow around him with his arms crossed relaxed. When I looked at him he turned his head to me and although I couldn't hear a single word he said audibly, I easily read his lips which stated 'NOW DO YOU SEE!?' I'm still interpreting what that could have meant years later. The hallucinogenic effects in total lasted roughly 18 hours and I wasn't able to sleep for 3 days which really wasn't that bad considering the effects of the ibogaine had left me very energetic and overall in an extremely positive mood the ibogaine had left me very energetic and overall in an extremely positive mood

Following the experience, this is what I noted.

During the experience I had literally no short term memory function as Ibogaine simulates REM sleep while keeping you wide awake essentially dreaming with eyes open but due to the nature of REM sleep short term memory is deactivated as the body has no real use for it during such a time even when simulated by ibogaine. My cravings or desire to take any drugs whatsoever even cigarettes had quite literally disappeared. I went grocery shopping and my body would literally not allow me to buy any crap food. To this day my diet has been changed dramatically due to these events and I feel MUCH healthier overall.

My depression, anxiety, periodic suicidal and self destructive/harming ideas and emotions had disappeared entirely, and to this day still remains absent. My articulation of language and cognitive understanding of anything I studied in terms of scholarly topics improved dramatically. I started stretching and exercising.

When I was 27 I was diagnosed with some form of high-functioning Autism that basically affects social functioning more than anything, it had calmed down dramatically although it has returned to some degree but no real complaints. I went from years of living like a complete and unorganized slob bordering on being a hoarder and since, my house is kept at the very minimum uncluttered and clean as well as being organized more than ever.

I experienced no acute nor post acute withdrawal (PAW's) symptoms and basically my life in general has been far more relaxing as well as enjoyable ever since.

Don't get me wrong Ibogaine is not nor should it be viewed as a magic bullet. 3-6 months after my experience with it I had an abscessed tooth and had no choice but to take Vicodin for it. After a few days I came to find out that I was once again addicted to opiates at least on a physically dependent level so until I could afford more Ibogaine and since then I have been using Loperamide Hcl as an over the counter methadone-type maintenance therapy with the primary difference being that Immodium/Loperamide does not offer any sort of high but when I take in high doses it does attach to opiate receptor sites along the G.I. tract causing the withdrawal symptoms to be postponed until it wears off. I did this for roughly a year and a half-2 years while saving up for a second dose of ibogaine thinking since it worked for heroin and other opiates it should work for immodium/loperamide (unfortunately taking high doses of immodium/loperamide for a prolonged period causes its own withdrawal similar in effect as well as in length to methadone and plainly speaking is absolute hell).

Unfortunately I found out very quickly that Ibogaine does not work for Loperamide as the moment it wore off the withdrawal from the Loperamide kicked in and I was quite literally on the floor screaming turning purple trying to force my insides out of both ends. So since then I've been ever so slowly tapering down my Loperamide dose and am hoping I can get past this before it causes any serious complications in my intestines or colon as its primary intended effect is to paralyze the muscles much in the same manner as how pain killers cause constipation.

Aside from that I have absolutely no regrets and I am a very firm supporter of this medication. I still have no cravings and my psychiatrist is so astounded by the massive overall change in my persona that he has decided travel to where Ibogaine can be found as it apparently originates near his own country of Chad in Africa.

-MindAsh
    Last edited by mr peabody; 02-07-2017 at 13:30.

18. Collapse Details

Ibogaine saved my life

It’s been 9 months since I received ibogaine treatment, and every day I am so thankful for whatever it was inside me that told me it wasn’t my time to go. This substance literally changed
    my life, brought me back to life, gave me the life that somehow I knew I deserved, but couldn’t ever find in my dope induced mind.

I think the best part of Ibogaine was how well it worked to get rid of all my withdrawal symptoms because the sickness I felt every time I came down was so intense that I would rather stay
    on smack the rest of my life than go through that. I feel that this is like the number one thing that kept me using. I couldn’t handle being sick. The high had really gone away years ago, and
    at the end it was like I was just taking heroin to stay alive.

Ibogaine literally changed all of this. After treatment was over, even though I was still a little groggy, the first thing I was aware of is that I had no more physical cravings. The seven days I spent at Ibogaine University completely took this away. It was the most amazing feeling not to feel that sickness anymore. My mind was definitely clearer, of course, the things I uncovered
    and released were amazing, but it was such a huge relief not to feel that I needed to keep choosing to stick needles in my arms to keep me from being so sick that I would rather die.

If it wasn’t for ibogaine I would be dead. If not from an accidental overdose, it would have been an intentional one. This was my plan. Looking back at this, I can’t even believe that was me. The person I have become since treatment is but a shadow of what I had become. My life is full of meaning, I have repaired relationships that were damaged when I was using, and I have learned to let go of that which no longer serves my new life. It is open, it is full, and it is all because ibogaine helped me choose life.

-selfie1099

-----

I had ibogaine treatment and the results were miraculous. Imagine doing the 12 steps + ten years of intense one-on-one therapy + the same on self esteem and improvement, and packing
    that into a 24-hour period. I even looked younger after my treatment. For the first time in my life I could say "I love you" to my reflection... And I meant it.

-Melissa Hope Benitez

-----

I used ibogaine twice, a week apart, to help me conquer my opiate addiction. It worked like nothing else ever did. Opiates were a ball and chain for me for 15 years, and I am happy to say
    that because of Ibogaine, it's all in the past.

-TheStr8OmarLittle

-----

Ibogaine helped me kick my opioid addiction overnight

By Juliana Mulligan

http://www.womansday.com/health-fitn...oid-addiction/
    Last edited by mr peabody; 07-07-2017 at 21:04.

19. Collapse Details

mr peabody, I used to shit on what you're doing but seeing the brevity of your collections I'm changing my tune. Are you archiving/collecting these stories anywhere else besides here? I feel they would be a valuable contribution to other communities and areas of the web. Reddit, maybe an actual domain, erowid, and others. I'd hate to see all your work forgotten someday because it was lost in BL threads.

20. Collapse Details

My Ibogaine Experience

By David Graham Scott

This is an account of my experiences of the drug ibogaine. At the time I was a long-term user of methadone linctus. I found it impossible to deal with the hellish withdrawal symptoms experienced in trying to come off methadone. I hoped that ibogaine might break my habit once and for all.

On a Thursday night I took a test dose of ibogaine hydrochloride. Edward (my guide) said it was roughly 200mg. After 35-40 mins I could feel the drug start to take effect. I looked at
    my hand and it seemed so primitive, perhaps Neanderthal. It felt like some form of anesthesia and a distortion of sound and vision were noticed. What I do remember though was an intense connection to the old photographs and toys I’d brought (I’d thought a connection with my childhood would be healing). It was really a very emotional experience but I was apprehensive as regards taking the full dose the next day. I felt taking 7 or 8 times this dose could kill me but, according to my body weight, that’s what it was going to take to end my methadone addiction.

I took the ibogaine at 10:20am on the Friday. I took four capsules to begin with. The fifth I’d take later. After about 40 mins I felt a heavy emotional trauma come over me. I grew very apprehensive re the dose and feared that I may die. Edward reassured me. I lay down to let the ibogaine work. Light and sound were being affected. The yellow painted wall opposite me glowed with a burning intensity. I knew that this was going to be a strong experience. The noise of the underground trains became amplified into the sound of a thousand Nazi bombers. I
    felt the approach of something huge, something menacing perhaps. I called out Bwiti 3 times. The words appeared in my head in large green slimy letters.

The first visions that I experienced when closing my eyes were yellow grids stretching into the empty darkness of space. These stellar grids then took me into another dark and ominous landscape with a particularly eerie resonance. A strange sound permeated the atmosphere…it was like a thousand million aircraft drifting overhead. The hum or resonance permeated the whole experience and I understood this to be an essential component of existence, a binding force that was always there but the ibogaine helped me recognize it. I then felt I was on board a strange spacecraft viewing the landscape before me. Small portraits drifted by of myself as a child. They stopped when I contracted a hellish skin condition at age 17.

This was where my development was seriously affected and I journeyed into heavy depression and low self-esteem. Next a figure that had haunted me for years appeared. It was the Chinese torture victim from Georges Bataille’s Tears of Eros. This photograph of a young man being systematically sliced to pieces was the most disturbing image I’d ever seen. The text mentioned that a large dose of opium had been administered to the victim prior to the torture. A curiously beatified expression was on the guy’s face. In my trance state the figure flew towards me in an inset box. He was glowing silver, completely transcended from the torture he was undergoing. The beauty outweighed the horror. I realized then that I too had been a torture victim. I had been torturing myself with opiate addiction.

These are the key moments of the experience. There’s a lot of it that I can’t recall. The intensity was often overwhelming and it was impossible to take on board all of the information. Ataxia hit me heavily and I found it impossible to walk without help. Jagged lines appeared around lights and the strange resonance permeated my head for a long time after the visions ended.

I was a little sick and went to bed. I didn’t feel great but it wasn’t withdrawal at least. I felt I was being cured of my addiction.

It took me about 3 days to start walking properly again. I did have residual withdrawal symptoms but it was nothing I couldn’t handle. I’d say it cleared 85% of the rattling. There was no way I’d feel this good if I’d tried to come straight off methadone. I didn’t have much strength over the following 2 weeks but it’s gradually coming back. It’s now the 15th day since I used to take methadone and I feel really good. Ibogaine has ended my addiction. The anguish of depression has been vanquished … I am whole again!”
    Last edited by mr peabody; 12-11-2017 at 00:50.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by psy997 View Post
    Are you archiving/collecting these stories anywhere else besides here? I feel they would be a valuable contribution to other communities and areas of the web. Reddit, maybe an actual domain, erowid, and others. I'd hate to see all your work forgotten someday because it was lost in BL threads.
    Thanks for the encouragement, I will definitely think about it. BL is perfect for so many reasons. I'm thinking we get a lot of traffic from people searching for these topics who know about BL but might not visit otherwise. Anyway, I am deeply respectful of all the hard work that goes into running BL. I just really want it to be the first place people think of when they are looking for authoritative advice on these things.

pb

22. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Yeah as a matter of fact the number of guests browsing vs members is tremendous. For example, at this moment, we have 4 members browsing, and 164 guests. We should all always remember that.

23. Collapse Details

Good point Xorkoth.

Keep up the good work, mr peabody

I owe you a PM, I'll get to it as soon as I find the time. Or rather, the energy :P

24. Collapse Details

Ibogaine for cocaine addiction

Since the 1960s a disparate group of scientists and former drug addicts have been advocating a radical treatment for addiction - a hallucinogen called ibogaine, derived from an African plant, that in some cases seems to obliterate withdrawal symptoms from heroin, cocaine and alcohol.

For nearly 15 years, Thillen Naidoo's life was ruled by crack cocaine. Growing up in Chatsworth, a township on the outskirts of Durban in South Africa, he was surrounded by drugs.

After a troubled childhood and the death of his father, he turned to cocaine.

Though he held down a job as a carpenter and could go for days or even weeks without a hit, his wild drug binges often ended in arguments with his wife Saloshna and sometimes even physical abuse.

By the time he met Dr Anwar Jeewa at the Minds Alive Rehab Centre in Chatsworth, Naidoo had tried to quit several times and failed. "Those were dark, dark days," he says.

Jeewa offered a radical solution, a hallucinogenic drug used in tribal ceremonies in central Africa that would obliterate his cravings.

But Naidoo was anxious. "I didn't know what this ibogaine thing was," he says. "I never expected it to work."

After several medical tests he was given the pill.

A few hours later he lay in bed, watching flying fish swarm above his head. He felt the room move around him and a constant buzz rang in his ears. Scenes from his childhood flashed up briefly before his eyes and each time someone approached to check he was OK he felt a rush of fear.

The hallucinogenic effect wore off overnight but for the next few days Thillen was in a haze. When he returned home a week later, he realised he no longer craved cocaine. Six months later, he is still clean.

He attends a therapy group two days a week, where he learns the skills necessary to maintain a lifestyle without drugs.

"My mind has shifted now from what I used to be," he says. "I can look back at my childhood and deal with those issues without sobbing and feeling sorry for myself."

Jeewa estimates he has treated around 1,000 people with ibogaine but it remains largely unacknowledged by the medical mainstream.

Clinicians like Dr. Jeewa would like to see the drug licensed but he says people need to understand its limits.

"Once you have a patient that is drug free and whose brain is back to its full potential then you can help them change their lifestyle," says Jeewa.

"Ibogaine helps to interrupt addiction but it's not a cure or a magic bullet," he says. "It has to be taken in the right setting and treatment has to be followed up with psychosocial care."

-Stephanie Hegarty
    Last edited by mr peabody; 12-11-2017 at 00:50.

25. Collapse Details

My experience with ibogaine

For approximately the past 5 years I was addicted to opiates. It began with percocet, progressed quickly into oxycontin and then when supply ran low I turned to opium tea. As I write this, only four days ago I was drinking two large, dark glasses of opium tea per day. I was pretty much opiated-out most of the time from a series of depression issues ranging from the suicide of an ex-girlfriend to horrible job situation to the love of my life cheating on me. After prices for poppy pods went sky high, I simply could not afford my addiction any longer and I searched for what my options were. Tapering off the tea didn't seem possible and it would take months of will power. There was no way I was going to simply turn to methadone for the rest of my life and going cold turkey, well, if you have ever experienced the effects of withdrawal from opiates, you know the hell that can be and it would probably last a couple weeks or more.

I finally found several great documentaries about Ibogaine, the African root that supposedly could cure even veteran heroin addicts in a couple of days. I watched a video called 'Rite of Passage', which I highly recommend, and that gave a lot of information on how to proceed. Now, there are clinics in Canada, Mexico and Europe who will administer this drug to people, but
    the price was thousands of dollars that I didn't have. I found a company who was willing to ship some Iboga capsules (325mg each) along with a gram of Ibogaine. So, I did the research and decided to venture into the experience on my own. From what I was told, I should take at least 2.5 grams of Ibogaine for my weight and type of addiction. I figured that, since I was doing this alone, I would take a fraction of that amount, and I am glad I did. The experience was MUCH more aggressive than I imagined or what really was explained in the available information. I feel that, had I taken the full dose, I may have been hospitalized. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it felt.

My last full dose of opium tea was taken at 11pm on a Wednesday. I had a full nights rest, then I started the treatment around 2pm on Thursday, right around the time I would be looking for another dose. I did not eat that day, I was not supposed to as I would very possibly be throwing it up anyway. You are supposed to wait at least 12 hours since your last shot of opiate to start the Ibogaine. I started with what is called a 'test' dose, which was 4 325mg capsules of Iboga (the raw root powder, KNOW the difference! Iboga is the pure root powder that comes
    from the root, Ibogaine is the synthesized extract which is several times more powerful than just Iboga). I waited about 40 minutes after I took the test dose to make sure I had no adverse reactions. I felt weird, but good. In fact, it seemed as if the capsules alone stopped my craving for opium in a matter of minutes. So then I went ahead and took about 3/4ths of a gram of the Ibogaine (I took the powder and put it in a couple of vegetable capsules, which I simply swallowed). I laid down in my bed (you MUST be laying down through this process), put on my .mp3 player, which I loaded with soft, new age music and tried to relax. I did find that the music helped me not panic.

My stomach was empty so the effects kicked in within maybe 10 minutes or less. The first effect I felt was a high, intense buzzing throughout my body. Sort of freaked me out, but I just breathed and let the drug do its thing. A few moments after that, the hallucinogen part kicked in. I've done LSD, Mushrooms, Mescaline, Salvia and DMT and this was nothing like anything
    I've experienced. The weird part was, my mind was actually fairly clear throughout the hallucinations. Oddly enough, I could have held a coherent conversation with someone throughout the process if I had to. The patterns behind my closed eyes were so intense, I often had a hard time telling if my eyes were opened or closed. But the most disconcerting parts were:

1. My energy absolutely fell out of my body within 20 minutes of taking the last dose. I could hardly lift my head or move and that scared me because I was alone. I had no idea it would be that powerful.

2. I was in such a total state of dizziness, that it felt as if I had downed a liter of vodka and a few hits of acid. If I turned my head just a little, the whole room spun and swam. I wish I had
    put an eye mask over my eyes to avoid this.

After maybe 90 minutes, I threw up twice. I was prepared with a bucket, so this really didn't bother me. In fact, I felt much better after I puked. The strong hallucinations only lasted two hours at the most. Then the Ibogaine went to work on stripping down my body and blocking the opiate receptors. I was still slightly tripping, but that didn't bother me anymore. This 'stripping' lasted about the next 20 hours and it was possibly the most awful thing I've ever had the discomfort of experiencing. It was akin to being scraped head to toe from the inside, out. All I could do was writhe in pain in my bed and take it. After a few hours of that, I absolutely HAD to get some water in me and I had not brought any into my room. It took every last bit of my energy to crawl on my hands and knees down the hallway to the kitchen and pour water for myself. Each subtle movement I made felt like it would turn my stomach. I dry heaved twice just trying to crawl back to my bed. So, if you are insane enough to do something like this alone, which I DO NOT recommend, make sure you have everything you may want in arm's reach of your bed.

Now, I had a few friends offer to babysit me while I did this and I turned them down. I was afraid they would panic or make me even more nervous as I embarked on what I imagined would
    be a very private journey. I now wish I would have had someone there just to retrieve things for me. There really would not have been much else they could have done for me.

By around 6 the next morning, Friday, I was still chained to my bed, but I felt the pain slowly, slowly subsiding. For a long while, I felt like the Ibogaine wasn't working and I panicked that I needed more opium tea. Apparently, this is common to think its not working right at first. My suggestion is to have faith, it will work and just let the process happen. It WILL go away and your energy WILL return to you quicker than you realize. The way I felt while it was cleaning my system was that I would be stuck in bed for days, maybe a week, from this drug, but I was wrong. By eleven the next morning (Friday still), I forced myself to stand up and get more water and I was amazed that, once I stood up, I actually felt much better. My body was already beginning
    to stabilize. Slowly, throughout the day, my energy came back and my stomach began feeling a little better. I was exhausted but sleep was still impossible. The drug acted almost like a type
    of speed. I slowly began putting basic juices and simple cereals into my system. That made me feel better, but it was irritating that I could not sleep. This lasted a few days until I managed to start sneaking in a few hours here and there. The dizziness slowly subsided and I was able to move freely about the house by Friday night. My mind was on overdrive, though. I felt like my brain was processing all sorts of data at an incredible speed. It didn't really bother me, but again, it made sleep impossible.

By Saturday, I was convinced that it had worked wonders. I had almost no signs of detox and there was very little pain. My whole body felt raw but it wasn't anything close to the horrible detox withdrawals. I now write this report on Sunday since my detox on Thursday. I still have not slept a full night, but I feel normal. I'm clean of opiates, I can feel it. The only issue I'm still dealing with now is the experience of having all of my nerves suddenly be operating at full capacity at the same time. Its not painful, per say, but it is a little freaky. I feel like my nerves are jumping out of my skin sometimes, but again, I have nothing to complain about compared to where I would be right now if I had just gone 'cold turkey'.

Right now, I can't even imagine putting another drug into my system. It's too raw. It feels like I'm in a brand new body. So, overall, despite the harrowing experience, I am so glad I did this treatment. I DO NOT recommend doing what I did and going it alone, selecting your own dosage. Do your homework. But, if you do choose to go down this path, just keep in mind while the Ibogaine is in full effect that IT WILL PASS and you will be a new person in no time. It was scary, but absolutely worth the journey. I feel like I have been given a second chance to make better choices and my cravings for opiates are zero right now. Let's work to spread the word of this alternative detox option and get the US government to declassify this as a schedule one drug. Peace.

-Survivor
    Last edited by mr peabody; 08-07-2017 at 03:47.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast