• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 390: Reflections (Congrats to Winner Xorkoth)

What photo are you voting for?

• animal_cookie

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • toothpastedog

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Xorkoth

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • sigmond

• CFC

• herbavore

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
This round's theme is Reflections (e.g. reflections through glass, water or even mirrors), suggested by current Travelshotmeister, malakaix.

VOTING OPEN! It' gonna be a tough contest this rounds, as we have some fantastic entries. Enjoy :)

1. animal_cookie:

393019_10101186627306284_1924689241_n.jpg

2. toothpastedog:

3. Xorkoth:

4. sigmond:

5. CFC:

6. herbavore:

LAVA Photo Contest Rules
  1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until July 1st.
  3. Voting will be open from July 2nd - July 9th.
  4. Photograph or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This month, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Flectionshotmeister.
  9. Don't be a dummy! Vote and don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competition.
Next Round's Theme: who knows. make a suggestion here.

Thank you and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
The seagulls stole my friend's cigarettes the last time we went to the beach. She was sitting in the sand throwing them pretzels and stuff and one got super ballsy and ran up and just dipped in to take her pack of smokes. Trouble makes they are! :)

The bird bath is meant to be upside for reasons which will quickly become self evident for you. When I look at this image I think to myself, "doesn't that look like an awesome stone hat?"

Seeking more contestants :)

I took this hanging upside down over a lake view near where I live.

110bo85.jpg

Wow nice!

I was worried I picked a dud theme, i guess it can be a difficult one to get photo's for.

Holy shit Xork!

Wow nice!

I was worried I picked a dud theme, i guess it can be a difficult one to get photo's for.

True, it might not be the most accessible theme if you don't live near some body of water, but all you really need is a can of oil and some concrete. Not that I'm necessarily suggesting anyone go and dump a can of diesel all over their sidewalk, but I bet a pool of oil would have cool reflections.

Hell, you could take a picture of the reflection in a mirror too. That's pretty accessible. Though bodies of water are cooler ;)

Thanks. :) It really kinda trips me out the longer I look at it, like the air is so hot it's shimmering and the reflection is clearer than the actual sight. Although in reality I was just upside down.

I doubt this photo will be a legitimate contender after the impeccable entry by the formidable Xorkoth. However, i shall throw me hat in the ring nonetheless.

haven't been able to take photos for quite some time now; this is a picture i took last year of The First Church of Christ Scientist, Boston MA.

cheers!

(Night, no tripod, Nikon D3200, slight crop;no image manipulation)

...this is a picture i took last year of The First Church of Christ Scientist, Boston MA.
did you go in the maparium?

easily one of my favourite things to visit when i lived in boston.

alasdair

did you go in the maparium?

easily one of my favourite things to visit when i lived in boston.

alasdair

its embarrassing to admit but ive walked around the building dozens of times without going inside.

some rather poor photos taken from atop 111 Huntington..(had my dslr though would have been better off with an iphone :\

NSFW:

Some really good photos here.

However I absolutely love animal cookie's pic, especially the wet sand part. It reminds me of an impressionist oil painting:

ymCZWKv.jpg

This is a shot taken from a bus crossing the Thames into Chelsea on the Albert Bridge in 2012, looking downstream towards Chelsea Bridge and the Shard in central London.

I was trying to capture the diffuse symmetrical reflection of the sun, sky and bridge on the relatively peaceful Thames below, but also caught the lampost on the bridge reflecting in the bus' window glazing.

77LLZ0k.jpg

That's nuts! I'm really impressed with the quality of the submissions we're receiving considering it's such a challenging topic :)