• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Formication ( skin crawling on face ) is driving me INSANE

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
It started a couple of years ago, but it went away. Well, it has been happening for almost a year non stop! It's driving me crazy. It feels like shit is crawling under my skin. It's just just a prickle, it's fucking movement, like crawling.

I am preparing to go to the doctor for it. I made an appointment last week and found out at the last second that they don't take my insurance, so now I am going to have to look for a new doc. In the meantime, I was going to see what you guys thought it might be and if anyone has any experience with it.

It comes in waves. Whenever I have a wave of it, I also get a lot of pimples on my face. Not a lot but, 2 or three. I guess that is because I touch my face a lot but maybe it is something else. I definitely don't think it is actual bugs because I have had no bites, rashes, or even red skin.

Gabapentin helps. For a while it totally got rid of it, but lately it has been pushing through the gabapentin. This leads me to believe that it is some sort of nerve damage. I also read that it could be a sign of Diabetes, which runs in my family. I have no idea, I just want it to stop. It is literally making my quality of life go down. The sad thing is, that I am getting use to it.

It sucks so damn bad. It also happens on my waist line too. I'd say its 90% my face though. I just want it to stop.

Are you using any drugs ? It's a fairly common side effect to stimulants and it can be a nightmare for a few hours yet alone a year. There are a tonne of reasons why it happens - age, nutrition and a variety of diseases.

Go to the doctors as soon as you can.

Are you using any drugs ? It's a fairly common side effect to stimulants and it can be a nightmare for a few hours yet alone a year. There are a tonne of reasons why it happens - age, nutrition and a variety of diseases.

Go to the doctors as soon as you can.

Nope! See that's the thing. I've been sober for a long time.