Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diphenhydramine (600mg) - First Time - Terryfying Benadryl psychosis

Pulp_Fiction

Greenlighter
So, when I was 13 years old, a couple years ago, I had just started becoming fascinated in drugs, particularly pharmaceuticals (Mostly because of my old obsession with Breaking Bad.). At the time the only drugs I had ever done were: Alcohol, Adderall, Morphine, Hydrocodone and Marijuana. So anyway, one night at about 11pm (Which makes the trip even more terrible and stupid.) I was watching TV in my living room with all of the lights off. I was on my phone looking up information about diphenhydramine, because I had recently heard a story of my brother's experience that intriuged me. Now, before I go on I have to say that I knew what I was in for. I knew that I was going to experience a psychological hell hole, but something still had drawn me to the drug.

So, with no hesitation I scurried to my bathroom and locked the door. In my bathroom, I found a bottle of "Rexall allergy relief", that came with 325 25mg pink pills. I half-hazardly took 25 pills with a glass of water and anxiously waited. While waiting, I watched TV while using snapchat on my phone. After about 45 minutes, the first effects became very prominent. I felt the waves of sedation slowly start to hit me pill, by pill. 10 minutes after the initial effects, the sedation grew deeper and then things started turning. My body started to feel heavier but also kind of a light feeling in my arms and legs when I stood, like being intoxicated from alcohol almost. I started to grow with anxiety, but I calmed myself down. About 5 minutes later I had an intense but very random CEV, It was like a little movie in my head of something, like a very vivid, brief dream, if you will. It showed the lower half of a woman's mouth with red lipstick on and she put a lit cigarette in her mouth, she had long red nails. I found it to be very confusing and funny, but also quite enjoying.

After, I got up and went to my kitchen for water. Walking felt almost impossible at this point. As I filled a glass of water up at my fosset, I notcied my hand involuntarily, shaking the glass. While walking back to the dark living room with only the faint blue-ish light radiating from the TV on, I glared at the wall next to me and noticed hundreds of tiny dot/ spider insects on my wall slowly crawling. I was terrified. Shortly after, I actually convinced myself that there were bugs living in my carpet, so I took my phone flash light and shined it at the carpet while spreading the fibers. Seconds later, tons of the small spiders crawled from my hand on to my entire body, a few seconds later they dissappeared. So being very freaked out I go to my room and flip the light on. It made feel more secure of my surroundings and have more of a grip on my sanity. I crawled in bed and closed my eyes, a couple seconds later I hear my mom rambling to me about something incoherant, I swear it sounded so real. I just shook my head because I felt like I couldn talk anymore. I opened my eyes and realized nobody was there.

Not to long later, I had another auditory hallucination of my sister yelling at her boyfriend in my kitchen very violently, but I realized it wasn real because my clock read: 12:37am and everyone was sound asleep. I decided to put on some music from my laptop because I couldn't fall sleep. I was listening to Pandora so random music came on, I think the song was "Come get her" from Rae Sremmurd. While listening, something didn't sound right. The music sounded almost loud and hellish. I started to hear my name being called over the music at diffrent speeds, but it was sporatic and distorted. At this point I was hysterical, completely breaking down. I started crying quietly on my bed. While crying I notice the number on my clock slowly started counting up and then turned fast. The red digits turned to: 6:66. It dissappaeared a few seconds later. After seeing it I was even more mortified. I was even starting to question myslef where I was.

Shortly after, I pulled my thoughts together and rationalized my situation but I was still crying. After, I look at my ceiling and notice there is tons of black wasps swarming around my ceiling fan, making buzzing noises. I thought nothing of this for some odd reason. Still crying, I hallucinated my friend Cameran from school, to my left, standing. She asked me what was wrong and why I was crying, and I began to tell her but in mid-sentence I completly forget what I was talking about, words weren't fully forming out of my mouth and then she dissappeared. I felt so lonely. For what felt like 20 minutes later, I had finished crying and went to bed, that or I blacked out because I didn't wake up in my bed the next morning. It was 11am the next day when I woke up. I felt very groggy and moderately confused still, but no further hallucinations occured. Overall, I later realized that this was a terrible mistake and that I was most likely never going to touch the shit again, because it was just a stupid drug. Consider this a cautionary tale on why you should stay away from deliriants... ;)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_diphenhydramine
substancecode_deliriants
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. i like breaking bad too haha. We can share Jesse. . I never tried it but I got my hands on a shit ton of it. I think I might try it just because the trips seems scary.

Thanks for sharing, it's good to hear cautionary tales about diphenhydramine (Benadryl), because it's indeed not fun at all and it's dangerous too. It causes psychosis. It's bad for your heart too, overdosing on antihistamines isn't good for you.

I broke your post up into paragraphs because it's hard to read a big wall of text, and many people skip reports like that. Just FYI. Nice report though, it was descriptive. :)

So, when I was 13 years old At the time the only drugs I had ever done were: Alcohol, Adderall, Morphine, Hydrocodone and Marijuana.

Whoa thats some crazy steps to make bro but its also stupid foolishly irresponsible and dangerous to get into any drugs at that age yet alone opiates AND alcohol i dont mean this bad to you but I just want other younger people who will be reading this on the internet to know that developing a taste for opiates or any drug for that matter at such a young developing age is so dangerous in so many ways its mind blowing. Dont do this!

Wow yeah I missed that, 13 is so young to start using drugs. Of all the people I know or knew who use or used drugs, percentage-wise the younger they started, the higher incidence of serious problems they developed. If you flood your developing brain with drugs, they're going to become so ingrained in you. Serious addictions are usually the result, unfortunately more likely to be lifelong.

Great report, Pulp_Fiction, thank you! ;)

Looks like you're at the point of making important decisions in life, please be very careful with opioids (a friend of mine died of H OD) and stimulants (when you start loosing control, it becomes nasty)!
I am so happy my body chemistry naturally rejects alcohol and dissociatives and I also never developed a taste for opioids. I have been addicted to cannabis for the past 17 years, have been addicted to stimulants for some time when I discovered them, learning to be conscious about it now and only use when I really need it.
Tryptamine, Lysergamide and Phenethylamine psychedelics are my favorite drugs and I consider them to be very effective tools in helping me on the Way of life.

Yeah a good friend of mine also ODd and died from opiates recently. Opiates are not worth getting into unless you have real chronic pain, and even then it should be considered carefully. For those disposed to addiction, it's gonna happen and it will happen without you realizing it until you're already being pulled under.