Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)

Rate This TV Show

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

• Total voters
Yep, I hated it. It was the antithesis of what Twin Peaks used to be. I think that Lynch is at his best when there's someone there to hold him back and reign him in. I gleamed things from episode 8, but I could have gleamed them in half the time he ended up wasting.

Ironically, I was most perturbed by the 2001: A Space Odyssey-esque parts of that; yet I think 2001 may be one of, if not the finest films of all time. It's all about execution. At the end of 2001 I didn't feel like my time had been wasted; in fact, 2001 is the closest explanation of the divine I can think of that I've seen in film. At the end of episode 8 of the return, I felt like I had been robed blind by a conman.

Ultimately, it comes down to a split in personal preference that has divided fans of Twin Peaks for the 25 years since its arrival. There is the "coffee and donuts" crowd and then there are those of us who love the Black Lodge. I hated a lot of the coffee and donut stuff back in the original series, while all the Lynchian wierdness sustained me.

Coffee and donuts definitely got stomped on in The Return, which I loved, personally, but I understand the dissent.

My favorite Lynch film is Inland Empire, so clearly Lynch can never be too Lynch for me.

Episode 8 might have been the finest hour of work in his entire career, in my opinion.

It's not like Twin Peaks would be anything note worthy without the Black Lodge/Evil in the Woods, but I must admit I'm more of the coffee and donuts crowd.

I'm really enjoying the second half of the season though, looking forward to finishing the last few episodes tonight with the fiance.

I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!

The last episode was the peak of frustration. Is there any word on a next season?

Also, that article you linked, Joe, was very appreciated. It helped me in putting some things together. Overall I still feel frustrated by the ending, though I like the argument that parts 17 & 18 were two sides of the same coin. Part 17 left a good taste in my mouth and had me thinking part 18 might bring some true resolution finally, but I was mistaken; the dream, & the reality.

Last edited: