• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone and alcohol

Boyo1998

Greenlighter
Last night I took 11.25 mg of zopiclone after drinking 500mls of cider at 5% and 1 and 1/2 of beer at around 4.5% this was about 8 o clock last night, I got scared and threw everything uo about 20 mins after ingesting, it is now 7:05 the following day, I have no tolerance to benzos or zopiclone, I went to bed last night feeling a bit drunk and spaced out did have diorhea (might have been due to the meatballs I made) when I woke up I felt a bit spaced out and nauseous and drove my girlfriend about 25 mins to a concert, I felt home and felt nauseous and fidgety and have had diarrhoea all day, just wondering what everyone thinks and if The symptoms such as nausea and High anxiety as well as high heart rate are just psycho-somantic or is it something more serious

I personally don't know how you could take that much zopiclone - 2 or 3mg would have me out cold and there only something I ever take when I'm already in bed due to the quick acting knock out.

They are not something that I take on a regular basis as they, for me, have no recreational purpose and they are just a knock out sleeping tablet - but I do know that even on a small dose I would feel spaced out the following day. The sickness and anxiety/heart rate doesn't strike me as anything unusual to be honest.

If you have still got diarrhea please make sure that you hydrate, sip small amounts of water or gatoraid and or take an immodium.

Welcome to the site by the way - I hope your feeling better soon

You probably were feeling poorly the next day because you vomited and had diarrhea. Alcohol is known to cause gastrointestinal problems so that's likely the reason for the lingering diarrhea. It's not recommended to mix zopiclone with alcohol so next time just pick one or the other.

I personally don't know how you could take that much zopiclone - 2 or 3mg would have me out cold and there only something I ever take when I'm already in bed due to the quick acting knock out.

i'm pretty sure the smallest zopiclone tablet is 7.5mgs so that's not a crazy amount.

Ya, that is not enough zopiclone to bring about anything more than a day of fuzzy. Now with %proof in your system at the same time that would give you the violent meatballs, no doubt. Zopiclone acts as a strong anticonvulsant as well as other properties. But what will happen if food is in your stomach is it slows the processing and breakdown of the food until the effects start to wear off. At which point a dumping of sorts will happen as your system tries to catch up. High acid production in the stomach and a flushing in the pipes so to speak. A 7.5 broken in half will usually sit a person on their ass and out like a light for the first time but even a pill and a half won't have lasting effects past a day or two max. And it does have an opposite effect on some people for reasons not fully understood when beginning doses.
My first of too many accounts were, 15-20mins of wonderful relaxation followed by terror at the cross-over point where you're supposed to go to sleep. To me, it seemed a little too much like general anesthetic you know that giving into the "Whoosh" feeling. But those apprehensions fell by the wayside after 3-4 weeks. Funny they say not to take any longer than 3-4 weeks. I Wish I had heeded those guidelines.

Zopiclone comes in 3.75mg or 7.5mg tablets. I think the misunderstanding comes from some countries (USA) using eszopiclone tablets which are 1 or 2mg. There's no difference in effect except mg for mg eszopiclone is stronger.