• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Doing xanax first time. Need answers.

Shot man

Greenlighter
Got some xanax today, 2mg to help with my severe anxiety. Is it too much for my first time? What should I expect from it, and I want to take some before school, but I figuried 2mg would be too much to take beforehand, so how much should I take if I wanted to go to school and still function properly?

Last edited:
As an experienced, ex-benzo addict. . . .
2mg is way too much, people will notice you're on something even though you feel they have no clue.
1mg is probably the highest I would go for severe anxiety with a low tolerance.
The higher you take, the more unaware of the effects you are, at a .5 mg dose you can be easily comfortable and happy. Just follow my advice, take 2mg and you'll be walking around not acting like yourself, maybe not stumbling but defiantly not acting yourself.

If you've never taken Xanax before, start at .5. I would say .25 but they are bars. I don't know how people take these during the day because benzos make me very sleepy. You might want to wait until after school to try it out so you know how you will react to them.

Dude, do not eat a whole bar and then try to go to school.
Try .25 like an 8th of a bar.

You posted yesterday. So what happened how much did you take?
I have anxiety really bad too.

Dude no not 1 mg your first time rofl why would anyone suggest that? I took .5 my first time at a kick back and passed out at 8 pm until 8 am black out , had 30 people fuckin with me pouring water on my face I didn't remember anything I woke up with 75% of the people gone and everyone sleeping in the morning and I didn't have a clue as to what happened, it was a complete waste of a good night honestly

Dude no not 1 mg your first time rofl why would anyone suggest that? I took .5 my first time at a kick back and passed out at 8 pm until 8 am black out , had 30 people fuckin with me pouring water on my face I didn't remember anything I woke up with 75% of the people gone and everyone sleeping in the morning and I didn't have a clue as to what happened, it was a complete waste of a good night honestly

I took 2mg first time and didnt black out or even slur

Lol . I dont think alot of us can sayvthe same thing.
Zanex is known to cause black outs.

I remember first time I tried benzo cus im a downer person I thought yeh defo my thing but I was out cold and NOT in a good way I woke up drooling on myself and just felt like I hadn't had a proper rest not im not slating them because I have used them with moderate success many years later by literaly breaking the 4 bar tabs into like 10 pieces and just dissolving one on my tounge as an emergence cool down etc but i would never take them for rec purposes because I just dont react well to them yet some of my pals love them and they seem to be able to resist the sleepiness better than me so yh but not my cup of tea.

xanax is great for panic attacks and/or getting to sleep but i wouldn;t use it for a daytime med or basically anything else..

Sounds like it's 100000% bunk Xanax , your first time taking 2 mgs there is absolutely no way you wouldn't at least get fucked up I don't care genetics don't play that much of a role into that much pharamcaological interaction

Sometimes binge drinkers don't get as much from short acting benzos as sober/ non drinkers (never mixed together of course) but with all the fakes proliferating the market it's not so easy to say definitively these days.

I always remember the 1st time i took 0.5mg of xanax i felt fine with it went bed normal time an woke up 13 hrs later it was the best sleep EVER?