• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Adderall abuse

Jimborusk13

Greenlighter
I've been abusing my adderall for about a little over a year in mass amounts snorting it and I'm trying to get myself to ween off because it's been such an addiction lately I've been feelin chest pain tightness on the left side of my chest I'm freaking out I don't want to have permanent detrimental damage to my heart its bad enough I already have nose damage I can tell any advice from anyone's on what the tightness could be will it go away

I would definitely get an EKG just to be sure however I don't think this is uncommon due to the fact that Adderall is a stimulant and that can cause anxiety ,fast/pounding/uneven heartbeats ,chest pain ,chest tightness and muscle contraction, muscle twichings, etc.

I'd see a cardiologist.
If you don't want to address the drug use right away don't, a cardiologist won't be asking for drug tests or anything.
Obviously telling them is ideal but it's better than nothing to just show up and have the tests.

I've been on Adderall for a few years now. Only recently have I been experiencing those similar symptoms. Though I do avoid snorting as get gives me horrible migraines. How many mg are you taking daily? Hard to go cold turkey and no recommended. I would start with cutting your daily dose in half for at least a week, then go down in half again? Hard to say since I'm not sure how much you are taking daily. I am cutting my daily dose in half now. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Good luck

I would also suggest getting an EKG just to be safe. I've been to a cardiologist and this can also be reassuring.