• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Has anyone used both kratom and clonidine for opiate withdrawal?

Dreighty6

Greenlighter
Hello, ive been trying for what seems like the millionth time to kick my opiate addiction and im determined to make this one last. I was one 120 mg of oxycodone per day. Now ive heard both good and bad things happen from both these items and im mainly concerned with the cravings...aside from being crazy tired and depressed...its the cravings that i just can't seem to shake...i know it sounds weak mentally...but I've heard kratom will subside those cravings. If anyone has any thoughts on how well these two (drugs?) Interact with one another and/or have any other suggestions please let me know....i thank you for your time and am eternally grateful for any help. I should also note aside from opiates...ive never done any other drugs...i don't even drink...before my addiction i was a model of healthy clean living...i used to work out 6x a day....but ever since I started taking opiates..about 2 years ago...i haven't barely been able to even leave my house...i want to get back to my old life...and im desperate for help. Thank you...so much

Kratom is a remarkable plant and it absolutely satiates cravings. But without a doubt it is addictive in and of itself, physically, much the the way the pills are. WD from kratom may not be as severe as opiates, but it is definitely there.

I traded in a 200 mg/day oxy habit for what is now my approximately 20 g/day kratom habit. Harm reduction for sure, but I still feel like I'm "using." My plan is to taper then stop.

As for kratom and clonidine, sure, that's a combo for detox. I had a stash of benzos that I went through during my initial detox; they're great for sleep. But it's another addictive substance. Wish I had some now to deal with my insomnia.

If you have not tried kratom and are thinking about, I suggest you start at small doses of it. Less is often more with kratom. But strongly think about whether or not you want to be hooked on something else. I honestly wish I'd kicked kratom after my initial oxy detox.

Krazikat, thank you so much for your help. I will keep all of that in mind "less is more". Mahalo.

100% agree with this. Don't underestimate the hold Kratom can have on you. I've found the detox from Kratom to be just as bad (especially from using the liquid extracts which are condensed and powerful).

I've tried both for opiate w/d. Neither do anything for me. Kratom makes me even more anxious.

That irrelevant though. As you can see from others that posted-we're all different. Some people swear by both. I wish Kratom helped due to easy accessibility and it being affordable.

I found ingesting Kratom difficult. And then I was really nauseous for hours.

You're not weak because you struggle w cravings. Welcome to the enormous club lol. I don't drink either. My addiction to opiates took me by surprise as well.

Neurontin (gabapentin) is a great tool for opiate w/d and cravings. You need an Rx-but it's not difficult to get a Dr to write it in most cases. Just wanted to mention that. I don't think it was mentioned in this thread (?). Hope you're well and give us an update. ?