• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

My friend is super weird!

musclecarsforever

Greenlighter
Hey everybody's whats up! Hows it going!? I have an off topic subject (non-drug related) about a buddy of mine who is really strange. I have known him for like 6 years...This person is a decent person but in my opinion, his personality is weird. The only reason why we ever remained friends is because we have a lot in common (we both like fast cars and motocross, airplanes, pro baseball). I am 21 he is 26. These are the topics he will talk about to a certain extent. Unfortunately, its obvious he has really poor social skills. Its impossible for him to carry a conversation with anybody including his own mom/dad :?. I really don't know why. He has no facial expressions either 8(. He uses generic replies/phrases like saying "yes" or "no", "good" or bad" "okay" "haha", "lol", "do you want me to come over" "hangout later tonight" exclusively then when he comes over he wants to do something pointless like eat ice cream or partake in drinking booze other toxic poisons smoking hookah/cigars or we just doing something basic like go to the movies but makes no effort to have small talk. He invites me to join him to eat at petty/trivial restaurants or these types of events every single day after he gets off of work. He chews Nicotine dip a lot too (total waste of money) and has serious troubles with quitting. I think he is extremely bored with his life (I don't understand) As soon as the event ends (2-3 hours) we say our goodbyes and the cycle repeats. If i decline/reject/say no to his invite because at this point i really don't care he says "I will pay for it"... He is extremely impulsive and will blow a paycheck/spend $4-500 on something ridiculous like a R.C. Car/airplane kit because he saw it for sale on Craigslist, then he changes his mind within 48 hours and sells it and loses money. With confidence i tell him he needs to make better choices. I think its hard to say no to being around him, because i feel bad for him. He has like 3 other friends that i am aware of who all are successful. He went to Community College for an A.A. Degree for 3 years and almost finished. He cant be that dumb because he got a High school Diploma too. I wish he had more control. There must be some solution. He's making a genuine effort and is being considerate/respectful/nice to me. On a side note he has never had a gf (single) and doesn't ever strike up conversations with them either for unknown reasons, he never talks about sex but you can tell he is definitely not gay though. He says he has ADHD but i think its more then that. I suspect he has some kind of Social Anxiety Disorder because he admitted hes prescribed Ativan. He never holds a job/career long either, they only last a month-3 months he quits or gets fired....every time. The cycle always repeats. He has had like 20+ jobs and hes only 26 years old he always changes his mind with employment, and he never stays long enough to climb the corporate ladder/be promoted. He still lives with his parents (doesnt bother me). He pays his bills/rent though and owns his own car which is a good thing. I don't get it, this baffles me. He makes no sense. Maybe i should cut him out of my life delete him off my Facebook and stop replying to his text messages. Hes kind of annoying me lol. If this is in the wrong topic discussion please move it

Last edited: