• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Meal prepping (for building muscle)

buthowilybum

Greenlighter
This is my meal prep plan and its simple / easy. The reason I'm sharing it is because it is so cheap and easy that I think people could learn from it but you know how it is... probably going to get trolled but oh well! I just want to start this off by saying this is an experiment and I have no experience meal prepping but i have a lot of experience with protein powder, supplements, and other shit.

===========================

Brown rice provides all of the carbs you need.

The chicken provides a high quality source of protein and flavor but not enough for a whole day.

Egg whites provide a steady supply of protein throughout the day.

-The thing about eating eggs for protein is that you need to cook them in order to absorb the maximum amount of protein. This is due to the shit called avidin which binds to biotin and inhibits its absorption or some shit. Look it up if you want to but I found my source a reputable website. Basically I need to cook the majority of the eggs that I eat but I can still eat a raw egg or two since I will still absorb 50% of the protein. Cooking the egg doesn't reduce the amount of protein very much as long as it is cooked right so no frying it in oil if you want the most protein out of it.

-From my experience I have noticed that when I mix raw egg whites in protein drinks it slows down the absorption of whey protein and what ever else you mix into the shake. I like to add instant coffee into my protein drink in the morning because its really easy and I'm a coffee drinker (taste better than coffee) so I notice a difference in the time it takes to feel the effects of the instant coffee and the duration of the coffee drinks effects. I am certain that the egg whites slow down the absorption and make the coffee stimulation last longer and the reason is because it's thick and gooey and takes longer to get broken down by the body. A regular protein shake in water is very watery so it's absorbed extremely quickly which might be the desired effect some times but this probably puts more stress on the liver too and is probably not worth it (just saying). So that's all I have to say about the egg white experiments I have been doing. But honestly I will probably just get some casein protein powder since it too will thicken up the protein drinks and can be taken in the morning and at night.

Whey protein gets your blood levels full of protein and amino acids quickly but wears off after a few hours.

-The whey protein provides the body with a lot of good shit that you wont be getting from anything else that you eat. The way I plan to do it is once in the morning and then once before and after my workout if I have one that day. If not working out that day I only have it in the morning when Im waking up since my body doesn't have shit floating around in the blood cause it burned it all up when I was sleeping. I have to make up for the 60 grams of protein on days that I'm not working out with cans of tuna.

-Since you want to get the shit floating around fast as soon as you wake up the best thing you can do is drink some water (water first since you need to clear some toxins while re-hydrating) while your body is absorbing the water make your protein shake. It doesn't have to be fancy just a plain scoop of whey protein powder with some raw egg whites. The amount of egg whites is determined by the speed you want the shit in the drink to be absorbed and you always have the option of adding an egg yoke but don't do it unless you know that you wont be getting any cholesterol from anything else you will be eating.

one large egg white = 3.6g protein
one large egg yoke = 2.7g protein
one large chicken breast cooked = 22g protein (1 per day max)
one scoop casein protein 22g protein (2 per day max)
one scoop of whey protein powder = 30g protein (3 per day max)
one can of tuna = 23g protein (1 per 3 hours max)

2 scoops casein protein 44g protein (one in the morning and one at night)
12 egg whites cooked 43.2g protein
2 egg yokes cooked 5.4g protein
1 chicken breast 24g protein
3 scoops protein powder 90g protein
1 cup brown rice raw 15g protein (total volume increases after cooked) 143 g carbs
1-3 cans of tuna 60g protein* (wild card. Basically I start adding cans of tuna depending on if i need the extra protein)
------------------------------
around 240 grams of protein
around 165 grams of carbs
Not enough fat so will need to cook using some type of oils or butter.

Everything that is cooked is cooked on low-medium heat and cooked slow without crisping or burning to preserve more nutrients.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bags of rice, chicken, and eggs are made in bulk and then frozen in larger bags.
-5 baggies per freezer bag
-Pull out a bag from the freezer each night to let it thaw out.
-Making the baggies takes up a lot of your days.

Bag of supplements, vitamins, ect. (only do this if you have to work or be away from house and do it same day to preserve your shit longer shelf life)
-Make one baggy that has all of your tablets, gel capsules, ect.
-pick which ones you will take throughout the day when ever you eat a baggie of shit.

or

Put all your tablets on the a flat surface and separate them into how ever many groups you want to take it.
*all tablets grouped into one row then pull the ones you want to take downward and make a second row.

(Best to take them evenly spaced throughout the day because of better absorption and less stress on liver and kidneys.)

__________________________________________________________________________________
This is how you cook the food and prep it up.

You will need the following.
-Box of gallon freezer bags (used to store the meal preps)
-Box of sandwich baggies (used for the peal preps)
-pack of chicken breasts
-4 boxes of egg whites (dont spend more than 4 bucks a box)
-14 cups long grain brown rice.

This is how you do it.
-Slap the chicken in the oven at 375 covered until is done (should be squishy and breaks up easy)
-slap the rice in some boiling water while chicken is cooking
-Start cooking the eggs in a non-stick pan on low heat (one box at a time since its easier to accurately portion the eggs that way... Half a slab = one days worth)

Pack the cooked rice into a baking pan and then slide out the massive rice cake on the counter and slice into 7 pieces.
Take 7 chicken breasts and mash into 7 balls.
Slice the eggs into 7 pieces (will have an extra slab from the 4th box but you can just eat that on days when meal prepping)

Now you can make 7 groups of food. Each group has a slice of eggs (half box), a chicken breast ball, and a brick of rice.

Now take your sandwich baggies and take 1/5 of each food group and put it in it. Do this 5 times. Put it aside. Do this to all 7 groupings and then put each group into a freazer bag and stick it in the freezer there you are done and when i did it my back hurt from all that standing and bagging up shit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Routine
(if you can get casein protein powder its 50% better than boxed egg whites)
(Drink water before and after the protein shake)
Protein drink with 1 scoop whey, one scoop of super green supplement for your vegetables, and some boxed egg whites for the casein protein.
-mix in creatine, dhea, alpha gpc (best choline shit), instant coffee, ect (anything that you have in powder form which is tasteless or will taste ok)
The rest of the day consists of the baggies. (Just make sure you eat a couple before your work out so you body has time to absorb all the shit)
-The days worth broken up into 5 baggies
-The days worth of supplements split between the baggies.

+ 1 cans of tuna if working out (because will be replacing them with 2 scoops whey protein powder)
+ 3 cans of tuna throughout the day when not working out.

The supplements I am taking in tablet form are...
-Calcium
-Magnesium Chloride (not oxide oxide is shit)
-Vitamin B's
-Multivitamin
-Alpha Lipoic Acid "ALA"
-Vitamin C

I'm also taking some other stuff in powder form because its way more affordable to buy in bulk from online. One website has never let me down and been going to them for almost 10 years.
-DHEA
-Alpha GPC
-DL Phenylalanine
-Creatine Monohydrate (bought from store for 15 bucks)

jU05pH7.jpg

YLvGPCd.jpg

Al9nNz2.jpg

Last edited:
Can you recommend any substitutes for those who are allergic to eggs and casein?

240 grams of protein is overkill unless you happen to be 6'6 and 240lbs, and a power lifting competitor or athlete. The amount of protein you need is so over blown and just gets repeated over and over and over across the internet and in gyms everywhere. A guy in a gym told me he ate 1000g of protein for a while.. honestly, the only thing getting larger would have been his liver on its rapid path to failure.

Unless you are at the top of your game you don't need anywhere near that. Around 100g is more than sufficient for the average height male doing weights 3 times a week but sitting on his ass the rest of the time. That's maintenance protein, plus a little extra each day for muscle growth. If you over do it all you do is place pressure on your liver and kidneys, waste money on food, and toilet paper. Also if you're eating that much your digestive system is going to be under pressure and probably not absorbing totally anyway.

I would add more variety to your meals.. you're going to get mentally stressed eating the same shit all the time. I eat the same lunch at work every day, which is basically teriyaki salmon with brown rice and vegetables, and that gets fucking tiring but I do it because it's cheap, healthy, and takes little effort to cook. The rest of my meals are a lot more varied.. if they weren't I'd go nuts.

Need more vegetables, fruit, herbs and spices in your mix. Protein and carbs are just the basic blocks, you need the other stuff too that you only get from a balanced and healthy diet.. forget all the supplements, people build muscle just fine if they eat a solid diet of quality food. Take the money you're spending on the supps and spend it on decent food! The only supplement I take is glutamine occasionally on an empty stomach before bed - it helps rebuild the GI tract essentially.

---

Don't over think it. Just work out what your BMR is and how much you need for maintenance.. the multiplier should reflect your daily level of activity.. if you work a desk job but do x3 weights and cardio x2 a week you're still classed as sedentary. Add 500 calories to that. Protein 0.7g/lb of weight. But most of all just listen to your body and watch the scales on a weekly basis, and apply consistency because it's a marathon not a sprint.

Im 6'4" and 250 pounds. maybe 18% body fat. bit of a flub on the belly but can still see some abs under there. so yeah im big barbel lunging 45 plates on top of all my weight now that i started this diet but before i was to weak. so thanks but yeah if you smaller than me you should adjust accordingly but then again it cant hurt to eat this much if trying to bulk up! just make sure you drink a lot of water.

by the way it's common knowledge that its 1 gram of protein per gram of body weight and therefore anyone planning a meal prep could simply scale down the amount of eggs but its much easier to just use half a box per day.

Also I haven't eaten any fruits or veggies for the past few months. instead i am taking one scoop of super greens made out of fruits and veggies and I feel fantastic. walmart has a little tub for 15 bucks and its a 2 week supply.

Trust me I have been mentally stressed but only when i miss a dose of something (specifically the super greens... got to have that shit). as long as you take all of the right supplements along with this diet you should feel absolutely fine! INSTANT COFFEE RULES

Thanks for your insight -=SS=-

---

I would also like to mention that I'm using a pre workout energy / pump supplement. 150 mg caffine and some shit that gives your muscles a great pump. bought it at the store.

ALSO even with all of this food im freaking starving at night on workout days! so go with your gut on this one guys and don't fall for the follow the leader bull shit. ;)

Last edited:
I think this is a good time to make an update on this thread.

I have moved on from bagging it up each time because it takes so much time and I rarely eat them when away from the house.

The easiest way I have found now is to cook three days worth of rice at a time (rice comes out much better this way) and fill a gallon Tupperware container with it and then keep it in the fridge.

Same goes for chicken and egg whites... Just cooking one pack of chicken and one box of eggs. I only keep three days worth in the fridge at a time and the rest goes in the freezer. I'm keeping the eggs and chicken in the same gallon Tupperware container.

So basically I have 3 cups of uncooked rice (cooked) in its one container and a second container with a few chicken breasts (cooked so its soft and easy to brake up) along with a box of egg whites (cooked).

Now the trick to reduce work even more is to cook two 3 day containers worth at a time and freeze the second three days worth of rice and chicken. Rice frozen in Tupperware container, chicken frozen in a freezer bag. Eggs are cooked one box at a time meaning that the only thing that will be cooked over the next week is the egg whites which can be considered the most important component of this diet. (I noticed the rice tastes like crap after it has been frozen for 3 days. better to just cook rice once every three days and make a little extra for the time it takes to cook)

After completing two weeks worth of those baggies I have a pretty good idea about how much rice I need per meal as well and how much egg / chicken I need.

It's also much easier to simply eat it cold. I found a good way to make it taste better without adding to much sugar by using flavored spaghetti sauce on the rice. Im sure it will get old soon so might want to look into other sauces that can make it taste different each time.

I was using various types of crap like Korean BBQ, teriyaki, Chinese chilly sauce, ect. Nothing compares to sausage spaghetti sauce. lol

I also find that its pretty easy to make a baggy of food that you can eat when away from house (such as when you are going to the gym) and it stays cold / fresh for quite a while. I just slap a baggie of food into my gym bag and eat it after workout along with my protein shake. No need to pre make them and keep them frozen. not only is it extra work to bag them all up and then freeze them but its almost impossible to find a microwave at the gym... or on the road... so this way I can bag it up fresh and eat it after work outs or when working with no need to thaw it out.

I swear eating like this has really made me feel so much healthier and mentally and physically. My recovery times after work outs are actually only taking one day just like im supposed to but i have found that if I eat a whole pizza or something it prolongs my recovery times and increases my chances of injuries because it shuts down my metabolism.

Last edited: