• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

3 days of klonopin use... risk

bicomp

Greenlighter
What are the chances of having dangerous withdrawal symptoms after 3 days of taking 2mg of klonopin once a day?

I get 10 1mg ativan a month as well which I use occasionally, and I take 10mg ambien every night, I know that probably complicates the situation.

it depends, could you clarify; are you currently dependent on benzos of any form?

then no, if you're not addicted you can't withdraw.
but you do realise ambien/zolpidem is cross-tolerant to benzos i assume? cause that is a factor.

but, yeah, you should be fine assuming you don't have any sort of tolerance/addiction/dependence - and keep it like that man, benzo wd's scarred me for life.

It takes at least two weeks to become physically dependent on benzos, while it can be life threatening, it is rare. People need to stop exaggerating and acting like you can have life threatening withdrawals after a few days of benzo use. Not realistic

People need to stop exaggerating and acting like you can have life threatening withdrawals after a few days of benzo use. Not realistic

that's not the most helpful attitude to have man. its real to them.
people come here for answers; some are easier than others but it doesn't make them any less valid.
this is HR, but whatevr
dw OP you're okay, but use sleepers sparingly plz.

Benzo wd can easily be mistaken for the recurrance of anxiety which you used the benzos for in the first place. So when someone says they got wds from a few days of benzo use its probably just the anxiety that was stopped for a few days that theyve always had but are now attributing it to wds. The anxious mind/body jumps to the worst case scenarios b4 considering the most likely.

It may be worth pointing out that some RC benzos, specifically clonazolam, can cause severe withdrawals after two or three consecutive days of heavy use. (I know this from personal experience, and in fact had a seizure). I somehow doubt this applies to most of the approved and prescribed benzos. Klonopin has a long enough half-life that it leaves the body at a slow rate and softens acute withdrawal.

It's not likely because it's a small dose once a day. If anything, cross reactions are a larger concern I would think. Personally I haven't noticed any symptoms of withdrawal on Klonopin unless I would take about 8mg a day regularly. Everyone is different though, hope this helps :)

Dude youve been reported several times. Stop abusing this harm reduction site. This isn't the silk road!