• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Alcohol and codeine/

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I don't drink very often I think I got tipsy off about 3 shots of vodka. That's not a lot I'm sure but I've got a high opiate tolerance (I think). I can take 600mg codeine and not get high so even though I've never tried any strong opiates like oxycodone or hydromorphone the 90mg of codeine I've got left definitely won't get me high. Anyway I think if I drank first I heard it potentiates and obviously mixing with alcohol is going to increase sedation. Anyway I want some guidelines for how much to drink, I've got a full bottle of that brand Dmitri Mendeleev made but I'm guessing that would be excessive. I also want to mix it with promethazine if you think that'd be a bad idea do tell I've got loads but I usually crush up 20mg and snort it, it get's it in your system faster y'know even if it is very caustic I don't mind because I don't do it that often excluding recently.

So 90mg codeine (CWE'd so adjust real dosage for possible lost substance), 20mg promethazine - how much to drink?

Edit: I just looked up a conversion, is 600mg codeine really equivalent to 90mg morphine? If it is and all it does is make me warm then that's bad. Really bad. I used to get high off of 45mg

Last edited:
Honestly Isaac, I wouldn't mix Alcohol and Opiates. I've done so many a time (I know I'm a stupid fuck but it's only ever been when insanely drunk and my judgement is very impaired) and I feel like the alcohol just drowns out the opiate high. So it's a waste, not to mention the huge risk you'll be taking with respiratory depression. That combined with Promethazine as well which CNS depressant I really can't see how in anyway the risks outweigh the benefits.

I mean, since I know your age and roughly your weight I would say 2 shots between 30-40ml each would be enough. I think it'd be a safe amount but I certainly wouldn't do anymore.

downer + downer = danger; but you knew that already.

i won't lie i'm doing it right now, but that's beside the point. its so subjective, what i'm on right now would have killed me three years ago. as mmuch as we can advise on dosing and symptoms and whether rick got the right jerry from the daycare, its a risk. its your life. i would urge you to pursue either one or the other. both together is bad juju.

stay safe

I mean I had 2 shots but I don't even feel light headed or anything. I'll just like take the codeine, if I feel something then great if not I'll drink more. Usually I disregard promethazine when mixing opiates with anyything but I though I might itch or feel sick

You know that this combo of codeine/promethazine cough syrup when added to sprite with some jollly ranchers (optional) is callled : Lean. It killed some famous rapper in the the South East. You aren't supposed to add booze but people do.

I guess because you can't stand up straight when you are high on realisticallly weed/alcohol/promethazine/codeine so you Leeeeeeeean

Last edited:
Just a personal opinion, lean is shiiiiiiite. I made some because my friend wanted some so I crushed up some promethazine and dissolved it in a codeine CWE then mixed it with like a menthol cough syrup that didn't have any medicine in it just eucalyptus and shit. Anyway I don't like it, the reason why is that promethazine inhibits the enzyme that metabolised codeine into morphine and you don't really get high. He got high but he has no tolerance. Then I gave another friend who weighs 3 stone more 150mg of codeine and then gave him some prometh powder, and he seemed waaaaaay higher, that's why I don't like lean

^ i concur. if you wanna take codeine just take it, don't turn it into some status symbol.
but that's just my opinion and i'm high af.

opiates, at the end of the day, are dangerous. doesn't matter who you are.
you sound like you got your head screwed on so i won't nag - but i always find opi's on their own feel better, other downers just dull the bliss (again, imo)

^agree for all but H1 agonists. Never tried benzos and opiates together but vallium gave me horrible amnesia on it's own, wouldn't want to even bother. H1 agonists though are great potentiators they just make the high feel proper dirty. I mean like heavy, drowsy drowsy as opposed to opiate drowsy. If I managed to get some strong opiates I probably wouldn't bother using them in high doses because I wouldn't need to, I'd just take 10mg prometh to help with the itch. But what can you do when on an island like myself. It's a shame but I'm also thankful, living in the big city I'd have been on heroin this time last year already

i'm on an island, and i'm from london.
doesn't mean i don't have a choice.
fam, you're so young...

and re: '600mg of codeine', codeine has a ceiling of about 300mg (purportedly), so no need to go anywhere near 600.
basically every opiate death i've heard of has involved mixing, if you can't get good stuff in ends i wouldn't bother - diminishing returns.

High doses of codeine may affect your liver, and it's worse If taking with alcohol.

What I mean is I live in a rural community, and I can't get away unless I get a boat over to Liverpool. It's hard to get anything over here really, but what I mean about heroin is there's no big cities here, obviously there's heroin, I just don't know anyone who can get it. It was all I tried to get for months and months once. Anyway I had like 2 shots and the codeine, didn't feel shit so I snorted some prometh, now my nose hurts

owh man yeah don't snort pills most of them don;t get absorbed thru your nasal membranes and just end up effecting you via the drip.
anti-histamines defffff shouldn't be sorted.

okay i know where you mean... you're under 18 tho man so best not disclose that yeah?
heroin is a nightmare, i started taking it at 22 and by now (25) my life is in shambles - i can't walk without a stick now.
the high gets shit after like two goes and then its just cravings to get well.
mate, i'm 90% sure you've got the NHS at your disposal, forgive me if i'm wrong but i have some numbers you can call if you need to talk to someone who can get you help totally anonymously.

but i dont wanna preach anymore (i'm sure you get enough of that over there). pm me if you need help with councelling, prescriptions, naloxone etc etrc etrctdt txct PM me, okay?

stay safe man

and i'm sorry if i came off in any way like a fucking dick - i'm really high and all i want for you to know is i'll help you if you ask.
hope you have a good niht man