• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Trying A Psychedelic Amphetamine (DOM) Tips?

Forever Jung

Greenlighter
Hello all you lovelies out there,

After reading PiHKAL cover to cover, I have become fascinated with the phenethylamine psychedelics. Having tried 2C-E, 2CB, MDMA, MDA, and allylescaline, I have never explored the DOx compounds...The stars aligned, and I found about 50mg of DOM on labeled blotter...I have had 2-3 weeks since my last psychedelic journey and am going to explore DOM in the coming days.

I understand this to be more of a "go on an adventure" substance, more than a "lay in bed and trip" substance...but I don't want to be too far from my "abort mission" kit, and corresponding bed. (Xanax, Halcion, Ambien, Abilify...etc). Also intending to take some ondansetron with the DOM as I have read some reports of nausea.

I am expecting a completely new kind of experience with aspects that resemble LSD, 2CE, and MDA. Will probably start with 2.5mg (one tab) but I hate being underwhelmed so might start out with 5mg (two tabs) does this seem reckless?

Deep down, I am scared of the long acting psychedelics, but I think I could really love this stuff and the fear is outmatched by curiosity.

Any thoughts would be amazing thank you in advance!!

PS Xorkoth: I read a comment in one of your DOM TR's where you said you were going to compile your writings into a book, documenting your psychedelic growth in a coherent order. I think this is a great idea and hope you have done this already, if not, you should!

Last edited:
Make sure you have plans for the long duration and it will probably be fine. For me, DOM is the most stimulation chemical I've tried (more stimulation than dex-amphetamine and MDPV, for example), but I realize I'm the exception in this. Anyhow, in case you react the same, make sure there is something you can do to burn off the excess energy :)

If you have the blotter's I suspect you're speaking of, take two. DOM is one of my favorite compounds. It's stimulating but also very peaceful in my opinion. I find it to be breathtaking in all the best ways to load up on. Go into it with a positive mindset :). I think you'll be very pleased by this one.

After trying 3C-P (amphetamine analog of Proscaline) and reading so much about DOM, I would love to try it too!..8)
I really dig long time duration and stimulating effects of psychedelics :)

If I had some, I'd take 4-5mg in the morning and go hike the mountain! =D

Have fun and be safe! ;)

I took 3.5mg DOM for the first time last weekend and climbed a mountain. Was a great time I wish I had taken 5mg.
I dropped my tab at like 08:30 made lunch for my fiance then left on foot to deliver her lunch, by the time I got to her it was around 10:00 I was feeling a very mescaline like come up without visuals but everything was brighter I conversed with my fiance and sat in public for 10 minutes. I felt able to talk and behave normally only issue was the nausea intensified when I saw someone order a huge breakfast roll but I looked away and it was manageable. I began to feel the effects slowly getting stronger as I walked home.
Upon arriving home at around 12:00 to my surprise I ate the lunch I had prepared earlier without terrible difficulty (I struggle to eat on LSD and other psychedelics). I then considered adding some 4-OH-MET or 1P-LSD on top of the DOM but decided against it and left to climb a mountain and skate at 12:30. At this point I was no longer feeling nauseous instead I started feeling great, subtle stimulation and a strong sense of adventure I felt energetic and ran up a hill to a flat track I could skate on.
Skating was great I felt carefree and laughed as I speedily made my way down the path. Climbing the mountain was no problem, no noticeable vasoconstriction to deal with. I have climbed this mountain on LSZ, LSA, LSD, 2C-B, 4-HO-MET and AL-LAD. DOM gave me the least trouble and there was pretty much no body load, anxiety or nausea after the fourth hour after dosing just a slow come down back to baseline. There were no visuals at this dose for me but everything looked sharp and bright. I got to sleep okay at around 23:00 and slept well.

I can see myself taking DOM again at 5 or 7.5mg.

Last edited:
PLEASE DON'T REDOSE!!! Give it time it will kick in, that seems to be the biggest mistake I see with dox horror stories, that and dosing too high.
Please volumetrically dose unless your scale can read milligrams actually.
And obviously have almost 2 days free (1 for tripping, 1 for recovery)
Last but not least, have fun! :)

I think people who know what DOM is and seek it out are bound to enjoy it, as opposed to someone who is looking for the LSD experience and is disappointed when it is unexpectedly different

DOM may get a bit of a bad rap because back in the day Owsley Stanley had the bright idea to offer it in 20 mg pressed tablets, which is easily 4 times a normal dose. And the slow come-up apparently caused some people to redose (they thought they were taking plain old LSD-25, after all) - at 30 or 40 mg's, DOM can be expected to feel downright mind-pulverizing.