• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Major depression and anxiety questions

Benefits of death

Greenlighter
I have been feeling depressed for the past year and it has recently gotten worse so i began seeking medical help and i was put on lorazepam, Zoloft, and xanax, and clexa. celexa and xanax seems to only make my panic attacks slightly less violent but i still get them and the feeling that i'm gonna die happening8- 15 times a day and it has been taking a toll on me. The celexa helps with my mood slightly but i always get the nagging pain of the flashbacks to my abuse as a younger child. I have trouble sleeping and fall asleep around 7am in the morning despite going to bed at around 11 pm then i sleep for at most 2 and 1/2 hours sometimes i cant sleep for 2 days straight and i eventually faint, and luckily haven't hit my head yet. No sleeping meds have helped me yet. The anxiety makes everything more difficult and hard to deal with. Smoking has been my realease because i cant calm down without it. I am trying not to drink because my grandma from my moms side and grandpa from my dad's side both died due to their alcohol addiction. i have been trying to resist suicide as much as i can because my dad really only have eachother and he would be crushed if anyhting happened to me. He was so worried when were where talking about my mom and his dad and i had a mental break down and panic attack and started punching a woodden post to blow off some steam and messed the post and might have broken my hand not sure yet it happened last night. I am going to a counselor and a licensed psychiatrist soon. Do you guys have any recommendations? How did you deal with it? How long will this last?

Edit: sorry if i did something wrong in my text i apologize i am new to this site

I'm sorry to here about your struggles! that truly sucks, i've sorta been where your at. Have you tried Valium in terms of benzos. Valium is nice because it has a LONG half life, so it kind of adds a buffer to things. although with violent panics, it seems nice to have the xanax, i'm sure you know. I would say maybe there is the right antidepressant that will help you the most, for me Zoloft worked wonders, I am taking 200mgs of it, and 10mg of valium 3 times a day, along with quetaipine at night for sleep. have you tried Seroquel? it may help you as it works to shut down a lot of receptors, might really calm you down a bit. its a rather heavy tranquilizer. uhm, yeah Lamictal may help, or also Depakote might be worth a shot. what MG's of what and how many times do you take it?

What i like about the valium is it "sorta" acts similar to antidepressants in relation to the extremely long half life.

"The terminal elimination half-life of the active metabolite N-desmethyldiazepam is up to 100 hours." Quoted from rxlist.com
So the more you take valium, the main effects help and then the main effects also act on top of the build up in your body of the active metabolite from valium. For me it has gradually made my panics not as bad, and then I take a valium and it sorta becomes more effective over time. However that's just for me, every person has different chemistry.

Last edited:
Prozac and wellbutrin are a damn decent combination. Prn Risperdal, 1-2 mg too. Zoloft only works for some, mostly it can exacerbate the symptoms, especially if you're young. (20's)
Sleep will keep you sane. You can't make yourself sleep, you have to LET yourself sleep. Listen to something, a documentary or ted talk while you try to sleep. That will keep you thinking about what you're listening to, not your brain, it helps.