Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4mg Xanax - First Time Using - NEVER TAKING THIS AGAIN

bstreet081098

Greenlighter
Hello fellow trippers! I hope everyone is having a great summer and everyone is having beautiful, fun, and safe trips on whatever you choose. Since I have began taking new things, my eyes have opened up to many new wonderful feelings. Well anyways, let's get started on my first xanax trip and why I'll never take this again. As always HAPPY TRIPPING!

So for this trip report, I will not be using the timeline spread like I usually have done. This is because there was no timeline. Time did not happen when I took this. Let me explain from the beginning. This should be one of my shorter posts and you will soon see why.

The reason I take new drugs and am open to trying almost anything is because I want to have a feeling that I normally do not have. I want to feel a way that your body does not produce on its own. When I took xanax is was about 6 pm. I was with my fiancée, who did not know I took 4mg of xanax. Now this was my first time, and unlike my usual ways, I did not do lots of research before taking this drug. I decided to change it. I knew little bits of information about xanax but nothing in depth like I usually do before taking something new.

So after I took this I had hoped for a relaxing feeling similar to hydrocodone. Well this kinda happened but not really. As the next hour went by my fiancée drove me and her little brother out to feed her horse. We got to the farm 30 minutes after taking my dose. We stayed for about 20 minutes then left. We maybe got about 15 minutes down the road and this is where my reasoning for not ever taking this again comes in. It had been about an hour since I took my dose. While driving down the road at about 7pm on a Monday I felt relaxed. The exact feeling I was wishing for. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes for about 10 seconds. When I opened my eyes, I was laying naked in bed next to my fiancée at 12 pm on Tuesday. I had skipped 17 hours within a blink of an eye.

After carefully asking my fiancée what we did the previous day without letting her know I took xanax, I found out that we went to the gym, for dinner, watched movies at home, and had sex multiple times. I could not for the life of me remember any of this and that scares me. Anyways, I am going to end this because there was no experience. I had serious amnesia and 17 hours happened within 10 seconds of closing my eyes. I do not recommend xanax. But if you decide to take it I wish you safe times and as always HAPPY TRIPPING!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_xanax
substancecode_alprazolam
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Without tolerance to benzodiazepines like xanax, which I'd assume you don't since it was your first time using xanax, you should only start with 0.25mg to 0.5mg.
4mg is WAY too high of a dose. I've been using benzodiazepines maybe once a week to a few times a week for a year or two (with some month long breaks) and I still never really need more than 1mg of xanax, even 0.5mg is plenty for me.

Yeah I was about to say, WAY too high a dose.

Either way, benzos are stupid, you shouldn't use them for recreation. They can be useful to come down after taking other drugs occasionally (like psychedelics or stimulants), or if you have an anxiety disorder and you need to disrupt a panic attack. They really aren't that recreational.

What led you to take 4mg for a first dose?

I have had the exact same reaction to Xanax as you did bstreet. Not fun having a black hole in ones mental timeline. In fact it?s a little scary.

So I'm curious bstreet081098. Did your partner not notice anything strange about your behaviour or demeanor during this time when you did all these things during your amnesic period? Given the fact that Alprazolam - especially at that dose - can cause quite a marked state relaxation, I would have thought your speech would have been slurred and you might have nodded of now and again. Or even been like a zombie!

Glad you survived and seem to have ended up none-the-worse off =D

Hey bstree, I am glad that you were safe during your experience. It has been said, but benzodiazepines are serious medication. I have blacked out on benzodiazepines myself. Everyone is different, but you functioned with no memory. If you don't need a benzo, don't take it. They are not bad drugs for those who need it, however they can be a nightmare for those who abuse it. I am glad you made it through your blackout okay. That type of blackout gets people arrested or worse. Whoever gave you the medication should of informed you of what or how much you were taking. Thanks for the informative report.

I have blacked out on xanax and said horrible, cripping, out-of-character things to people that they have never forgotten. The craziest part about xanax is how you feel like you're buzzed on 2 beers but it's as though you've taken 10 shots of tequila. IMO some color bars/types of pills are way stronger than others too (but this is subjective)

I've had total blackouts on Xanax, Klonopin and (to a lesser degree) Ativan in the past. I think that Xanax was the worst. I basically have 3 months of my life that I don't remember. It's a very scary feeling.

Not only does it freak me out to have no clue what I did for 90 days other than hearing it from others (you know, the "Why did you leave the toothpaste in the dishwasher?" kind of thing), but it feels empty in a creepy existential way; Like, if we didn't retain memories then how would we develop our personalities? Heavy stuff.

Be Safe!
Dreamflyer
:D

Benzos are terrible drugs for recreational use. I truly do not understand why they're so popular. For interrupting an anxiety attack they're fantastic, though.

I agree, benzo's are not recreational for me. To me they are anti seizure drugs that make you forget. I had to drive back from Canada last week and the night before my long drive I need sleep. So I took 1 1/2 mgs of etizolam and settled into bed to watch TV. I watched a few episodes of Enlightened and could not remember a damn thing about them the next day. To me that is kind of dramatic and some people here call etizolam weak. I can not imagine something like clonazolam, etizolam on occassion is very strong for me. I can stay down all night on one 300 mg gabapentin and 1 mg of etizolam.

The amnesia really caught my interest. I wonder if we just don't form the memory or the recall is busted. Yet while on them I thought I was completely sober.

Benzo's came out to take the place of barbituates which were way more recreational (and dangerous). They are wonderful for psychedelic come downs and for knocking yourself out. But absolutely no recreation for me and they scare me a little.

Benzos are terrible drugs for recreational use. I truly do not understand why they're so popular. For interrupting an anxiety attack they're fantastic, though.
They are very relaxing after a long day. Dose should be small though. When I take .5mg of alprazolam at the tail end of a stressful work day, I melt into the couch into a fantastic relaxation. I guess it?s still not really ?recreational? since it?s just me sitting and watching tv or reading a book.

Hello fellow trippers! I hope everyone is having a great summer and everyone is having beautiful, fun, and safe trips on whatever you choose. Since I have began taking new things, my eyes have opened up to many new wonderful feelings. Well anyways, let's get started on my first xanax trip and why I'll never take this again. As always HAPPY TRIPPING!

So for this trip report, I will not be using the timeline spread like I usually have done. This is because there was no timeline. Time did not happen when I took this. Let me explain from the beginning. This should be one of my shorter posts and you will soon see why.

The reason I take new drugs and am open to trying almost anything is because I want to have a feeling that I normally do not have. I want to feel a way that your body does not produce on its own. When I took xanax is was about 6 pm. I was with my fiancée, who did not know I took 4mg of xanax. Now this was my first time, and unlike my usual ways, I did not do lots of research before taking this drug. I decided to change it. I knew little bits of information about xanax but nothing in depth like I usually do before taking something new.

So after I took this I had hoped for a relaxing feeling similar to hydrocodone. Well this kinda happened but not really. As the next hour went by my fiancée drove me and her little brother out to feed her horse. We got to the farm 30 minutes after taking my dose. We stayed for about 20 minutes then left. We maybe got about 15 minutes down the road and this is where my reasoning for not ever taking this again comes in. It had been about an hour since I took my dose. While driving down the road at about 7pm on a Monday I felt relaxed. The exact feeling I was wishing for. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes for about 10 seconds. When I opened my eyes, I was laying naked in bed next to my fiancée at 12 pm on Tuesday. I had skipped 17 hours within a blink of an eye.

After carefully asking my fiancée what we did the previous day without letting her know I took xanax, I found out that we went to the gym, for dinner, watched movies at home, and had sex multiple times. I could not for the life of me remember any of this and that scares me. Anyways, I am going to end this because there was no experience. I had serious amnesia and 17 hours happened within 10 seconds of closing my eyes. I do not recommend xanax. But if you decide to take it I wish you safe times and as always HAPPY TRIPPING!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_xanax
substancecode_alprazolam
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
roacode_oral

i know this is an old thread buti came across it through a search engine.
why 4mg for your first time?
was it two bars or four footballs or what?

Was there a reason you didnt mention it to your fiiancee?

i know this is an old thread buti came across it through a search engine.
why 4mg for your first time?
was it two bars or four footballs or what?

Was there a reason you didnt mention it to your fiiancee?
He hasn't been active for 6 years and when he was active back in 2017 it was only for a very short time.

Didn't want you waiting for an answer that will never come.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_xanax
substancecode_alprazolam
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
explevel_firsttime
exptype_negative
roacode_oral

4mg of Xanax is an INSANE amount for someone with no tolerance.

0.25mg would be enough for a mild, calm, relaxing time. 1mg would have you very sedated.

I'm not advocating for xanax use but ANY drug is unpleasant when you take far too much. 4mg xanax your first time would be like having 10 beers the first time you ever drink.

You never know. They might still be taking heroic doses of Xanax and pop up suddenly thinking it's only been 2 weeks since they took their last dose :ROFLMAO:

He hasn't been active for 6 years and when he was active back in 2017 it was only for a very short time.

Didn't want you waiting for an answer that will never come.
What is the ediquite here on digging up old posts? As long as it contributes to the thread it’s cool?

Just to keep this on topic: I blacked out the first time I tried etizolam. Made a volumetric solution, took ~2mg. (Too much). Just like op, I remember taking it in the early afternoon, feeling relaxed but totally sober for maybe an hour? Then absolutely nothing until the middle of the next day when I woke up on the floor of my apartment. I’m so glad I put my stash in a time-lock safe while I trip / try new substances to prevent fiendish redosing. No idea what I did during that period, hopefully I just fell asleep. Haven’t touched the etiz since. If I could get it on blotters it would be handy to have as a bad trip escape hatch, but Canadian vendors don’t stock them anymore. I don’t want to fuck with the powder again.

What is the ediquite here on digging up old posts? As long as it contributes to the thread it’s cool?

Just to keep this on topic: I blacked out the first time I tried etizolam. Made a volumetric solution, took ~2mg. (Too much). Just like op, I remember taking it in the early afternoon, feeling relaxed but totally sober for maybe an hour? Then absolutely nothing until the middle of the next day when I woke up on the floor of my apartment. I’m so glad I put my stash in a time-lock safe while I trip / try new substances to prevent fiendish redosing. No idea what I did during that period, hopefully I just fell asleep. Haven’t touched the etiz since. If I could get it on blotters it would be handy to have as a bad trip escape hatch, but Canadian vendors don’t stock them anymore. I don’t want to fuck with the powder again.
Yeah a sterile 2mg/ml solution of etizolam I a 4:1 mixture of propylene glycol:water produced an unfortunate response. 2mg IM resulted in a total memory loss (woke up on kitchen floor), of 30mins and a ropey memory of the following 6 hours.
I rate etizolam as the best of the bunch, but my advice, if you have an anxiety attack, is 1mg taken orally (it still comes on really quick). No more for at least a couple of hours.

Love f&b

That strongly suggests that eitzolam undergoes extensive first-pass metabolism. I've swallowed 100mg and I could still walk down to the shops, go to the bank and post office and walk home... and remember everything.

We know brotizolam is VERY potent and so maybe etizolam IS just as potent if a PRA is employed?

In short, 4mg Alprazolam (Xanax) is not an appropriate dose for a first-timer.

Since you are already an honored member of Bluelight, I'd encourage you to take advantage of some of the knowledge here before going into these new experiences. We've had at least a dozen threads in recent memory inquiring of dosages for non-tolerant users of Benzodiazepines.

Most people would say to start with .5mg - 1mg Alprazolam for their first time. This is a conservative dose, but good for testing the waters. I'm a seasoned user of drugs, especially sedatives and depressants. Even I wouldn't take more than 3mg Alprazolam. Even at this dosage, I know I'll be walking a thin line in terms of completely blacking out. If I were to take your dosage, I would assume to black out more times than not.

I believe like 90% of people would black out from this dosage without any tolerance. I'd be surprised if you weren't somehow looking foolish during the course of your day.

On a more philosophical note, Benzodiazepines are not really the mind-expanding, cathartic experience I believe you're seeking. There are a lot of different drugs out there. I don't discount the possibility for catharsis as a result of drug use. However, Benzodiazepines do not add to anything, they numb. Some people like to be numb. It doesn't sound like that is what you're seeking, so better that you've decided not to repeat.

Thanks for the report!