• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need/Want to test POSITIVE (I know, not the usual drug test question...), insights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharmakonis

Greenlighter
I am on a cocktail from my psychiatrist of Adderall (racemic amphetamine salts), Valium (diazepam), Luminal (phenobarbital), as well as Neurontin (gabapentin), and Inderal (propranolol HCl). I also see a pain management doctor for multiple herniated vertebral discs and several dessicated/nearly non-existent discs, for which I get monthly injections of a corticosteroid and local anesthetic, as well as a steady, albeit very low (below the starting dose in the official prescribing information from Purdue) dose of Dilaudid of 4mg PO q8h (per os, every 8 hours or T.I.D.). While I will leave my complaints about this being a pathetically small dose for such a documented (MRI, EMG, NCS, CT, etc.) condition, he recently asked for a urine tox screen (DS10). This was something I easily passed when I first saw him as I was on NOTHING for pain. Well, as opioid users tend to, I adjust the dose and run out about 5 days before my next script is due. Anyway, the last tox screen I had not had a dose in more than 7 days, so the hydromorphone was clean out of me. I did test positive for the drugs he was expecting like my Adderall and Valium (POS on Amphetamines, Benzos, and Barbiturates), but not for all of the drugs he was expecting...dun dun dun... the hydromorphone should have shown up on the opiate panel. I know the test used is the immunoassay kind (a urine dip card) as I work at the hospital, even in the same area, but they generally frown on us doing our own UA's). So I have a single 4mg tablet and am planning to go for my UA tomorrow morning. I have used Dilaudid 12mg on evening of 5/23/17 and morning of 5/24/17, as well as an IV dose of 4.5mg at 3PM on 5/25, what are my chances of testing positive for hydromorphone-"OPI" with only a single 4mg oral or IV dose remaining? These are sterile tablets with no insoluble fillers, but I still run them through a .2 micron filter. So, my gut says I will test positive--and I should as a person shouldn't be able to take a 4mg D and have a negative result, but I just wanted some input.

I did pull a 1mg forensic standard from inventory (forensic standards are not controlled as the amount of the CS is so small and it is in methanol at a concentration of 1mg/mL), but doing the evaporation will yield a microscopic amount. I also have about 1.37mg of Dilaudid left in the tablets, aside from the 4mg tablet, that I can use, but don't really want to prepare a forensically sterile sample the day of the test and mix with my sample, even though the volume would be less than a tenth of a mL, and would not alter the adulterant detection for pH, creatinine, or oxidizers, it would just make me feel better to test positive on my own piss than add a just-in-case amount. Also, I know from running blood chemistries that the tests are often oblivious to free hydromorphone (and other controlled substances) and rather evaluate the sample based on conjugated or metabolites which are usually conjugated to glucuronic acid as glucuronides.

Just a quick answer to this weird question would be helpful to my nerves. In the future I will just pull a test and run my urine on one just for laughs, but too late for that.

Gratis

PS: Forgive if I missed this in the previous thousands of questions on drug tests, but I figured mine was difficult to search out to begin with and want some fresh input anyway...

If you had try searching you would have discovered drug testing questions are not allowed here.

I did search and even came across the post it saying every drug testing question had been asked multiple times. I check, surprisingly, none address hydromorphone specifically in the manner I am encountering it. Also, the post it made allowances for moderators / communities to allow the occasional question if it was pertinent, and a question I cannot find ever being asked seems pertinent. Finally, I apologized beforehand if my question was repetitive, and if you are so hot with the search engine, and know already where the answer that I missed is, why not point it out?

Thank you to anyone who can be a pro-active help to my query.

I'll grant you that, but reiterate before retracting query as to science of drug tests rather than "how do I get OUT of a drug test" or "how do I BEAT a drug test" or any such permutation of that question as mine went specifically to the methodology TLC-IA and wanting to test POSITIVE, which very few people want to. You have me on the user agreement, but I have you on the 'sticky' to wit Drug Testing Q&A
Which states:
The decision has been made to close this forum. Every possible question on drug testing has been asked and answered in this forum (multiple times). There are no drug testing questions that can't be answered by searching this forum, or searching erowid.

IT WILL NOW GO BACK TO THE FORUM MODERATORS TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT THEY WILL ALLOW DRUG TESTING QUESTIONS IN THEIR FORUMS.

Thank you to all who have participated

That seems to contradict the user agreement or vice versa. Now, since you are a moderator, I have to abide by your decision, but when I said sometimes, it was to avoid pulling legalese and sounding snobby, but there it is. As all of the drug testing questions that could ever be asked have already been asked, does anyone know a better way to search the archived questions for a suitable answer? Or is that also a drug test qustion? I mean it's a question about archived and accepted drug test questions, so I don't think it falls under that spirit of the ban, but moderator rules, so...? I mean, my question about the TLC-IA specificity for hydrogenated ketones of morphine, and morphinan structures at large must be in the old questions given they contain "every possible question." Or does someone, who has been here for longer than I prefer to suggest search strings, know of a specific answer somewhere that they can link to, or have any HELPFUL information, rather than just reprimands. My goodness, this could have been solved in the time it has taken to get through the old guard at Bluelight (and I say old guard with respect, as you both should know to be graceful to the new questioner, even if you still have to remind them of the rules...it seems to me you could strike a balance between a red card and outright violation of the rules you protect, call it a yellow card?)

Mea maxima culpa to those inconvenienced and troubled by my query. My adherence to a sticky and not to the verbatim user agreement which I'm sure everyone has memorized, short of myself, is greatly regretted.

To those who differentiate between the law and the spirit of the law, I also sincerely apologize.

What I would do is take the hydromorphone orally at least four hours before your test. This way it should show up in your urine. The trouble with drug testing questions is there are so many variables which make absolute correct answers not possible. For example, if your doctor were to send your sample out to a lab, it would not show the correct opiate level since you're prescribed 12 mg a day. I hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.