Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - Inexperienced - Full Blown Ego Death on LSD *Trip Report*

whatataco

Greenlighter
This happened about 3 months ago, took a while for me to accept Lucy's word as truth because of the embarrassing ending.
Up until this trip I'd had 4 trips (RC/Morning Glories/Shrooms) and the 2 most recent ones are what really got me hooked on the idea of ego death and truly awakening experiences. My friend (Let's call him Al) and I both had a day off and recently got pure lsd from our mutual friend working at the renaissance fair. Al had tripped on shrooms one time before, and was psyched to try Lucy, and I was psyched to be tripping with someone else for the first time.
We each took 2 tabs (I don't know the ug but based on the intensity I'm guessing it was around 300-350 ug for each of us) at around 11 a.m. and started coming up pretty hard 40 minutes later. Not knowing how good this shit was, we decided to smoke a fat joint as we were starting to peak, which was a mistake. Within 15 minutes of that joint, and as the peak got more and more intense, my sense of self started to fade away. Like I said, this was my first time tripping with somebody else, and seeing his eyes, knowing we were in this together, it really triggered the idea of everything in the universe being always connected. At this point I 100% believed in mind reading, and the conversations I was having with Al (aka myself) started to bring up some personal, heavy stuff. Meanwhile, Al is in his own world with his own thoughts, but I was unaware of this. When I start using my actual voice, and he starts to realize I'm tripping on a whole different level than him, he got really confused and worried (which I later felt terrible about.)
Well, as all this personal baggage started flooding my brain, I was still hooked on the idea that everything was connected. I started 'channeling' different people from my life that I had issues with or regrets about, having full on conversations/arguments with them. This was also around the time where I began to get the "Truman Show" effect. For those unfamiliar, this is the feeling where you believe that your entire life has been building up to this one moment, that you know you took lsd but you think it was a key, not just a drug. The 'veil' had been lifted.
Well, once I 'realized' that my life had been essentially a lie, I was so happy. I found the ultimate truth, I could get the fuck out of here, join the real world of energy and love. I'm naked at this point, because clothes are silly and in the way (duh). I say some parting words to all the people I 'channeled' into my room, and book it down the stairs were my mom's boyfriend is sitting on the couch looking very concerned for obvious reasons. I laugh at him, because of course he's in on the whole plot of my life, he knows exactly what's going on BUT I FIGURED IT OUT! SO HE CAN'T STOP ME! Just for fun, and to prove that nothing mattered, I guess, I picked up our tv and threw it against the wall. I then proceeded to go for the door, to break free into the outside world. Said boyfriend tried to stop me, and I apparently layed him out although I don't remember that (things start to get fuzzy at this point.)
So there I am, in the best mood of my life, shedding away all my problems and worries and responsibilities, completely free of everything, and still very much naked. While running around outside, I was in a very dreamlike state. There was an ex-paramedic visiting her parents next door, she was on a motorcycle about to leave the neighborhood I guess. I'm perceiving her as a badass dude on a motorcycle sent to keep me from getting any farther. She actually ran inside her house and brought out a towel for me which (and I don't know why) I actually put around my waist, and then kept running. Of course she had already called the cops/medics so I didn't make it far down the street before I was intercepted. I'm still under the belief that they all know everything anyway, so I was very cooperative. Cop asked, "What did you take?" "LSD" (as if you don't already know. quit playing around) That's really the only part of the conversation I remember, but I'm happy I was cooperative. I sat in the back of the cop car for a while until the ambulance showed up, then they strapped me to a gurney and took off for the hospital. This is when my amazing trip took a sour note (shockingly enough haha). I still felt like my life led to this, but it slowly dawned on me that I was going to be punished for discovering the ultimate truth. There would be no eternal happiness, there would be an otherworldly torture with pain I can't even imagine for all my wrongdoings. My personal baggage was still flying around my head, and I started thinking of all the reasons I probably deserved what was coming.
The most terrifying part of the trip, which I didn't recognize until I was sober, was that when I thought I was going to be punished, I wasn't scared. I essentially accepted myself as dead. I knew there would be pain beyond my comprehension and then nothing, and I was just waiting for the nothing. I felt completely dead inside.
Coming down in the hospital was very confusing. "Wait, I'm not dead? No I have to be dead. I see my body, am I a spirit? No I'm just looking down at myself. My stomach is moving, I'm breathing.... but this makes no sense I have to be dead." Once I realized I was still very alive, I remembered the start of the day, the beginning of the trip. After that, it was just overwhelming sadness, disappointment, and embarrassment. My mother was freaked out, mainly because on one of my first trips with RC's they almost killed me...coma, week in the ER.... yes yes why would I keep doing psychedelics after that?!? sounds insane! well they are amazing as you all know and I knew that I just had to stay away from the dangerous shit after that point. Took a while to convince my mom that I didn't almost die, I just tripped way too hard to be in the suburbs.
As for Al, after I bailed out of the room, he was convinced he was gonna get arrested until my mom's boyfriend came to check on him and let him know what happened to me. After that, he just kicked back on my bed and relaxed and the rest of his trip was good, which I was happy about.
Also, I snapped my glasses in half. That was hilarious to find when I got home because I forgot I did it.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
exptype_disaster
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator: