Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2 bad trips

no_id

Bluelighter
Hi

My two last trip (2 days appart) was strange. The first one, the trip came 2h after ingestion wich is strange, generally I'm up after 45m/1h, this was a tryptamine combo. After these two hours, I should have took too much because I was fucked beyond beleif, but this was not a very bad trip thought, this was almost cool but there was a feeling of being a bit "lost" and doing batshit, not in control like usual, and a kind of euphoria was lacking. I can easily see why It could have turned bad.

Second trip, 2 days after this one, took trypta & ALD 52. I was tolerant so I wasn't that fucked, but the trip was really... Bizarre to say the least, I wasn't feeling like I was in control, for the first 3 hours I experienced really fast mood change (mood change are normal and quite agreable while tripping but here I was feeling strange and almost mad at the same time). I experienced 2 mega twitch while trying to sleep making me think Ill go in seizure, If I was trying to stay on my bed doing nothing my head became concentrated on a kind of tinnitus. Felt like my brain was burning. Not good. I was seing differently than usual in term of color, at the end this wasn't so different from a normal trip but there was this annoying "not in control" / "not like other trip / being close to be burned / I'm turning mad" feeling wich was really annoying

Is this classic bad trip, wich happen sometime with no problem afterward ? or a sign that I can't take psychedelics anymore ?

Note : I was on a really mild benzo WD + 200mg tramadol :/ I know this is not a good idea to trip with that due to the risk of seizure.... This was the really beginning of benzo WD and it wasn't a strong one, so I was thinking my head being able to take a trip at this time. I was simply dumb to trip after tram, I can agree

My fear is that due to the fact I accidentally took mega mega mega dose of psyche some week ago (I was tolerant but ... Lets say it Ive done : 4 hit of ALD 52 wich was cool. After that I determined myself tolerant + was fully deshinibited on zopiclone so like a dumbass Ive done really BATSHIT/IDIOT stuff I took 5 ALD52 + an epic amount of tryptamine (we are speaking multiple hundred mg). Zopiclone ended put me in sleep, I don't know really what hapenned. I was a bit fucked for 2 or 3 days, this is not the first time I accidentally overdose psyche, but here it was mega overdose.) So yes my fear is that I became due to this episode intolerant to psychedelics, and this would be very bad as that's one of the only kind of drugs I very like

Is there experience of ppl becoming intolerant to psychedelics ?

Last edited:
I just remembered that I was able to sleep after downing 2 beers, and these beers stopped some bad feeling (especially the close to seizure feeling), so the problem of these bad trip are perhaps only due to the beginning of benzo WD that I wasn't too conscious about (light WD, it was only WD from a binge, not regular intake).

I hope I fucked nothing with my 2 psychedelics overdoses 2 weeks and 4 months ago, and will be able to still take psychedelics without feeling junk/reality non compliant/on the verge of seizuring.

Almost sounds to me like your withdrawal symptoms were magnified by your trip. Especially if alcohol seemed to alleviate some of the symptoms.

Yes this is a bit my feeling too, and what I felt when tripping, but I was looking for confirmation, I was a bit lost with these symptom with no way to "classify" them in my head compared to my other trip. Today (2 days after) ive classical benzo wd symptom, even if I can lead my life normally as this is light WD. When I was tripping it was just the beginning of the WD, so I failed to be aware it can be a problem, I'm really not used to benzo WD.

I was just fearing that I wasn't able to take psyche anymore due to possible consequences of extreme accidental overdose some time ago :/ (first accidental overdose was 150mg of a mix of tryptamine, and this was really light compared to the second, but I bet the fact I was really fucked on benzo for the second one + I had tolerance saved my sanity). I'm not taking drugs anymore at this time, I plan to test my ability to be ok with psyche in 2 or 3 month, perhaps more. I hope all will be okay and Ill be able to have trip where you cry of joy and love like before :)

Last edited:
Nah, sounds like you just weren't mentally "there" to trip soon after. Im not a doctor.