• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSA (Morning Glory Extraction) - Experienced

I don't know what jbow is talking about, but I just know in the past when taking LSA I would have a tight pain in the back of my knees. Stretching my legs out would hurt as well as just bending my knees normally while walking. It almost felt like the "tendons" hurt but I know that's not the case. But clonodine has erased all of that the last time I combined them. I've taken it for years as a kid for my ADHD and only just started taking it again years later for the same purpose.

It helps my anxiety for sure, but it's nice that it also has it's other uses in this case. I'm so hard wired, just to sleep I'd either have to drink myself stupid, smoke a lot of weed or take some other form of drug. I used to "self medicate" with alcohol, but your body can only handle a 5th and a half of vodka a day, all day every day for so long. Now I take trazedone at night and clonodine throughout the day. Among other things from time to time of course! Why else would I be on this forum.

But i'm 2 months sober today actually from alcohol. I have fucked up once or twice by taking a swig or two of everclear when using it as a solvent for extractions...

I see, so knowing clonidine is used for BP, and aleviated the knee pain, you figure the knee pain is from the vasoconstriction? Maybe, fuck if I know.

I'm more impressed with the handle-a-day drinking. Did you mention somewhere that you must be extremely large?
I mean, I did the multiple inpatient rehabs for booze and heard all the old-timer AA drunkalogs, few there were who would boast the handle-a-day. Like, as a routine. I never got to a fifth a day as a routine, probably did many times when you finally do the math. I did have a pint a day routine for quite a while, with beer on top, but then I'm 5'8" and 138 right now.

So anyway, congrats, the stuff is more than poison, a swig of everclear is not a relapse, being done at 27 is great, but there's all that life shit coming. I think you can handle any LSA-induced vasoconstriction.

I'd point out @jbow, clonidine itself causes some vasoconstriction. It doesn't look like a "vasodilator' so much as a dimmer switch for the sympathetic nervous system. So maybe an alpha2 adrenergic receptor agonist isn't best? Strangely, methamphetamine binds there too (as an agonist).

And really, in the end it's the para- and sypmathetic nervous systems controlling it, even if locally it's affected by NO or thromboxanes. So really, breathing excercises could help, or a beer with your morning glory seeds. Good music.

I'm "large" I guess. I'm 6'1" and about 215 pounds, reasonably muscular but I've got some "insulation" lol. It's also just tolerance. The last time I was in the hospital, which all they did since I didn't have insurance was sober me up and give me a Librium script and sent my on my way in the morning, I had a blood alcohol level of .36! And I didn't even feel drunk. I was talking to the staff and was completely coherent. I was even so tired but forced myself to stay awake. I only went to the hospital basically over a panic attack because I just wasn't feeling right and so I thought I was dying. I was just drinking all day, which wasn't uncommon for me, but I guess my body just had enough.

It was a huge wake up call for me and, like I said, I've been "mostly" sober for the past 2 months. I'm going to a behavioral health clinic for group therapy along with AA meetings. I've just completely changed my mindset about it and just think of it as poison, which is was it is really.