• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Chronic pain- Oral Opiates vs iv

Julianspinefusion

Greenlighter
I've been on norco /oxy since 2009 for pain and have always wondered in the back
of my mind why I don't get this "good feeling" when I pop a pill nearly everyone I know describes.Never. If anything, I feel like my heads going to explode and my blood pressure rises when I take too much. But on the flip side, when I've been hospitalized and have gotten morphing or dilauded via IV, I love the feeling. I've recently found out that I have a disease that causes food to digest really slow and it's getting worse as the days go. And it seems I need more and Moses pills lately too . Ot sure if this has anything to do with my body or pure tolerance. Could my failing gastro tract be the cause of me not having this same "feeling" orally vs IV and also the need for "more" to help with the pain? Btw, I've never done anything recreationally via iv. So just curious if anyone can shed some light.

Not really sure why you feel that way when you take your pills orally. However I can tell you that there's no comparison with your pain pills and what you're given in the hospital. You get some serious meds at the hospital. Good luck.

Given the limited information that you can provide over the internet through text, I would guess, based on the symptoms you described, that the issues you have with taking opioids orally are directly related to your gastrointestinal disease. This would explain why you seem to respond normally to IV opioids but still have issues with oral opioids. With IV, you are completely skipping over your gastro tract/system, and therefore you are also skipping over the symptoms of this disease you suffer from.

Does this disease have a name? I hope you don't mind me asking...I just think that if we knew what this disease was exactly, we could better and more accurately help you. But it is completely up to you to decide whether or not you want to share that kind of personal information.

I would be careful with opiates with having gastrointestinal problems, if you are digesting slow now I would stay far far away from any opiates... they will slow everything down to a crawl and a huge traffic backup with accidents along the way, a real stand still is more like it...