• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Do I just need a higher dose?

ThreePointCircle

Bluelighter
The first couple of times I tried MDMA (pills) I didn't really feel much. So, 3rd or 4th time, with the impudence of youth, a digested 2 pills and absolutely wow! It was like getting crushed and exploded all at once but in a very intense pleasurable way.

Then I didn't get the opportunity to do more. But years later, and with the advent of the internet, I've been trying again (crystals weighed out).

I've had some very enjoyable experiences with MDMA and MDA but I haven't been able to recreate that amazing explosiveness. I've been following normal dose/kg guidelines, edging slightly higher but nothing crazy. I don't feel I've lost the magic - I get periods of euphoria, empathy on both, and good visuals on MDA, but in terms of intensity and duration, it all feels a bit thresholdy. And not much in terms of energy.

Looking back to when I was younger, a couple of failed attempts had friends very happy on the same dose. I'm thinking that perhaps I've always just had a naturally higher threshold.

So, I'm thinking of upping my next attempt by 50-100%.

I'm guessing some of you will think this is reckless but I'm wondering if this sounds reasonable to anyone? I leave a couple of months between rolls and alternate mdma and mda. I am overweight but sporty (achieved through a devotion to eating), with fairly large muscle mass although not body builder level. LSD doesnt seem to have the same problem for me.

Opinions appreciated.

if ur on the threshold i'd suggest getting the powder form and weighing them into caps. i've always had a good time with anywhere from 100mg-125mg so maybe give it a try

also make sure u test it or order it urself so no one is cutting it with meth and stuff

Nowadays I get the powder (tested) and weigh out. I typically do 180-200mg MDMA but I weigh about 107kg so about 1.7-1.85mg/kg

hmm u can try waiting longer before each roll to build up ur tolerence or u may want even try candy flipping and that might give u the experience ur looking for. i haven't personally candy flipped (but am planning to in a few months) but my friends that have, told me it's incredible

I was in the same boat as u. I wondered why when I took MDMA 25 years since my last dose I didn't feel the same as then. The feeling I got was much milder and there was no real come down or the Tuesday blues or depression. I thought perhaps I had done it so much in the past that I permanently destroyed my ability to enjoy MDMA like I once did. But just recently I experimented with increasing the dosage. And sure enough I was able to feel the full affects of 200+ milligrams I took. I was relieved that my brain wasn't destroyed but in fact it healed itself over time and I was able to cope with come down easier than the past.

First make sure you're using a test kit, you don't want to be taking 200+ mg of a drug you haven't identified. Second, as has been suggested, try spacing your rolls a bit further apart as that may be just what you need. Then consider your set and setting. Putting a little thought into where you'll be rolling and who you'll be rolling with, to make it a bit more special, can sometimes make all the difference.

If all else fails, you can try increasing your dose, but don't jump up by 100 mg, just add 25-50 mg. I don't think you should go higher than 250 mg to be honest, that's double what I take.

Also, if you get a new batch of MDMA sometime in the future, don't take 250 mg of it the first time you try it. Start at a lower dose to make sure you haven't been dealing with purity issues.

@missxweedies: I'm tempted by candyflipping but want to get the mdma side of things sorted first. Have read in numerous places it is amazing though.

@BuddhaBelly: interesting, that was what I was wondering. Tbf, back when I did before (say 20 years ago), of the few times I did it most were damp squibs. Thing is though, I had a few pills the same, and one didn't really do anything at all. The next time, that was when I said sod it and took 2 of the same batch, and that was the best experience ever and what I want to recreate. So back then it was definitely a threshold problem and double dose seemed right. Of course, I wasn't measuring back then and don't know purity and quantity of those pills. Would be good to know that so I can compare to what I've been doing recently.

@Clocktower: I've been using one of the safetest4 kit and diligently tested with the different reagents to identify. All my purchases have been consistently right, be that IDing mdma or mda as appropriate. I've bought from vendors with good feedback both on the store and in the forum. I've also spaced out longer (e.g. 6 months) and no difference. I would say the experience, for a given dose, has been quite consistent, with different batches, time between and situation. I would say I start to feel the rush, get excited, but it perhaps only goes half-way up the mountain and doesn't last longer. Think I need to push it up some more. Will take your advise and perhaps go up 50mg rather than 100mg.

Thanks for all the replies

Nowadays I get the powder (tested) and weigh out. I typically do 180-200mg MDMA but I weigh about 107kg so about 1.7-1.85mg/kg

150-200 mg puts me in a very good space (I weigh in around 100-105 kg). Usually keep it on the lower end.

Last time I did 150 and then redosed 75 mg in about 1.5 hours. I had Shakey vision and some negative side effects that I never got on lower doses.

I even find 120-150 quite enjoyable, but that was a slimmer me as well.

Last edited:
Well my hand slipped so I dished out 266mg. 20 mins in and I'm already better than before!!! Yay. Have a lovely night people