• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Preventing Tramadol Seizures

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
So I found 5, 100mg tramadol pills when I was doing some cleaning. Guess I had lost them when I was using them. I really want to take them, even though I haven't taken any since January. My biggest concern though is having another seizure.

While I did have a seizure in November after taking 300mg, (which wasn't even my highest dose) there were many factors that I believe caused it. I was taking Lexapro, I had 5 hours of sleep that night, I took them on an empty stomach a couple hours after I woke up, and I had a seizure almost exactly 30 minutes after taking them. It was very short (1-2 minutes) and no health issues came of that.

I am currently taking 100mg of Zoloft once a day and suspect that combining the SSRI with tramadol was the main cause of the seizure, possibly from serotonin syndrome. I know this is probably not the best idea but I am going to end up taking them some time and want to make sure I do so safely. How long after stopping Zoloft until I can take tramadol?

you probably shouldn't take tramadol anymore, once you have one seizure you are likely to have more. If you absolutely must take them find an anti-epileptic drug to take with them so you can be safe.

I'm assuming you're taking Zoloft due to issues with depression, why would you stop taking it for fucking 5 Tramadols?

Yes this is risky.

If you decide to take the tramadol anyways please realize your tolerance is lower now then it was back when you were using before (assuming you were taking them regularly back then). You likely won't need to take as much as before. The more you take the higher the seizure risk.

Also, you got lucky with your previous seizure since you say no health issues came of it. You may not be so lucky if you have another one.