• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Risk for long-term kidney damage from dissos/opiates with no short-term problems?

lacertasomnium

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm interested if prolonged (deschloro)ketamine use can cause kidney problems when older. My uncle had kidney problems after years of heroin use even after stopping for many years, should my cat take care of mine beyond a normal person would before getting older if my cat did 1 month of u-47700 use and then months later 3 weeks of daily ketamine usage?

I'm sure this information would be of a lot of use for many of your friends and pets.

First, welcome to BL! We don't do the SWIM/pet thing here. Please review the user agreement you consented to upon activating your account as well as the relevant forum's particular guidelines.

In terms of U-47700, its user is so new on the scene that we don't really know anything about long term effects on one's health. Considering you only used it for a month however, it is safe to assume until otherwise that you probably haven't done any serious damage. However, if you were to continue using it the chance of problems arising down the road increases exponentially.

Personally I don't think three weeks of even daily ketamine use (I have used the stuff fairly extensively, along with other dissociatives) would be super likely to cause kidney issues. Perhaps if you had some predisposition to them (particularly if you yourself have had them before), but otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned.

If you're able to take a good long break and use it more responsibly in the future (assuming you want to use it again), I imagine you'll be fine. However just like the above, the more you use it the greater the risks involved. I image continued use of ketamine, although ideally not daily, would be less costly in terms of risks involved than prolonged use of an RC opioid.

You'll have a much better idea of what, if any, short term issues you'll have once you have a few solid weeks of time away from ketamine. If there were any short term issues associated with U-47700, I think they'd at least be already beginning to become apparent, so you sound okay here.

Prolonged ketamine use WILL destroy your bladder, that's for sure. Intermittent use, probably not but long term chronic use will. U-47700 we have no idea at this point and I wouldn't touch the shit at all as it sounds potentially quite harmful.