• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi! cold water extract

Josephwenttoprison

Greenlighter
I am not a beginner but my doctor took me back down to the basics saying I needed to give my body a break. I know how to extract, my question is do I need to do that with plain codiene? I have had two liver functions tests come back abnormal. Do I need to extract a codiene tablet? Thank you

Only need to extract if it has acetaminophen/APAP (or ibuprofen possibly) in it

HeadHigh's comment is correct, but are you combining your codeine with alcohol? It may seem like an obvious statement to an experienced user like yourself, but as tempting and nice as it may be I imagine this could contribute greatly to stress on the liver. I am only saying this as I know that a lot of codeine users (me included) use alcohol as a good and easy potentiator. If this is the case I recommend cannabis instead if available and affordable. As you probably already know, it certainly potentiates codeine and ads to the euphoria without any excess stress on the liver.

Oh no! I haven't had a drink of alcohol in over 11 years... I do believe the liver tests came back like they did because of lyrica. I just can't take the new stuff. I did the best on opana er 40mg and oxymorphone 10mg as needed for break through pain. But no I do not drink at all! But thank you for the advice! How do I know if it contains anything? It just says codiene Hcl. I've Gone ahead and done the cwe on them and they seem a lot more potent and I do strain out a good bit, I was just curious if I was straining out anything good? Thank you ��

I'm sorry I said the bottle says codiene hcl or something like that..... it just says codiene sulfate. Does that mean it only has codiene in it? Thank you

Tylenol takes up lots of space. If they're "regular sized" tablets (does it not say on the bottle "codeine w/apap"?), chances are they have tylebol. If they're tiny little things they probably don't.

How much you are taking matters too. Its hard to tell with new drugs, or combining drugs, what kind of damage things may do to the liver, kidneys, etc.

I have gotten two different sizes, both small, one smaller than the other which is what I have this month. They are about the size of a high tech subutex 8mg. Very hard to tell apart! I know when I strain them I do get a little residue on my paper towel, not at all like an Oxy with the apap you're talking about. Thank you so much for the advice! I guess it just feels stronger because ive made it into a liquid. The bottle just says codiene sulfate. So I guess I was straining it for nothing. Oh well, thanks again!!

If they are plain codeine pills, extracting them into water won't hurt (codeine has very good water solubility) and will kick in a little faster because the pills don't need to dissolve.

Codeine sulfate is just another water-soluble salt of codeine.