• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need to calm my dog down. Anyone have any suggestions?

knightworrier

Bluelighter
I seriously need to calm a dog down he is just howling constantly. If he doesn't shut up the cops will be at my door. It's 2am where I live and with the situation I have right now I am desperate for any ideas. I have temaz, loraz and clonaz. What are my best options? (I Have tried muzzle all the regular stuff) (Am currently going insane - Last thing I need is another tumor headache)
Thanks. NW

don't drug your dog.
how often do you walk him? take him for a walk.

Unfortunatley I am not in a condition to walk (He had been taken out earlier in the day as part of his regime.) He also has a big yard and lots of daily activity (1-2 hours of ball play). He is just walking back and forth stressing out barking and howling. He is pacing back and forth so much and just sounding more and more like a nervous wreck (His owner was taken to hospital a few hours ago and he is not settling)
So after trying many alternatives I am coming up short of better ideas.
If I can safly drug him and stop him pining I think it would be better for the both pof us to get some sleep after the rough night we both have had so far.
Thanks for ya idea though.

OTC Benadryl is mildly sedating and safe for dogs in measured doses. Generally the veterinary dose is 1mg per 1ib of weight, most tablets you get for humans are around 25mg so if your dog is under 25ibs make sure to dose carefully.

Please don't give your dog benzodiazepines or any other strong substance without professional instruction. Many drugs used for humans aren't safe for animals and those that are still have to be dosed differently.

It sounds like he is majorly missing his owner / master. Don't be mad at the dog and try more stimulation for him, like space junk said more exercise and walks. Interact with him and console him. Hopefully his master is coming back out of hospital soon?

Do not drug the dog unless it is at the advice of a vet.