• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Potentiators

Norse Shaman

Bluelighter
Does anyone have knowledge of potentiators for kratom? I've heard grapefruit juice (used for many things I believe) but I never feel like that helps much. I'm also on a ketogenic diet so I eat very little to no sugar so I'd prefer to not use it frequently. I've also heard of using turmeric (combined with black pepper to increase it bio-availability) but I've only tried it once and with a new strain at that so I'm unsure of its effectiveness.

I'm also unsure of the amounts to use. How much GF juice? How much turmeric and with what ratio of pepper? Would an antacid help and again, how much? When should I take any of them? How long before, during, or after taking the kratom?

I use the Toss and Wash method if it's any consolation.

DXM 30-60mg 30 minutes prior to kratom dosage. Best OTC potentiator I have found.

I was thinking about creating a write up as I've experiment extensively with kratom for years with various Rx and illicit substances.

DXM? Interesting. Do you know the chemistry behind it? And does it potentiate or just compliment. I wonder how using kratom while robo tripping would turn out. =D

there is a ton of info on BL about using NMDA antagonists for opioid potentiation and lowering of tolerance.
Not robotripping, therapeutic dose range. 75mg tops.

I understand it's use purely as a potentiator, just the thought of robotripping with kratom came to mind. I personally am not a big fan of the robo.

I'm not sure if kratom's alkaloid metabolism has been studied so CPY inhibition is possibly a potentiation method (grapefruit or cimetidime).

I understand it's use purely as a potentiator, just the thought of robotripping with kratom came to mind. I personally am not a big fan of the robo.

:)
I imagine it would feel pretty good. Nausea will likely come into play. But tolerance would be theoretically significantly lowered.

I would like to think about a potentiator, however, I made the mistake of ordering white vein ma Huang. Very horrible I may add! Feels nothing like an opioid like red vein does.

Interesting thread- why does the grapefruit juice potentiate so many drugs? I'm probably way behind here, but for giggles and shits just explain it to me.

I second the DXM. Probably the best potentiator out there for kratom.

Grapefruit juice does not work for me and I have yet to meet anyone who claims it as a legitimate method of potentiation. I've tried many, MANY times. Garbage IMO.

Aside from DXM, Tagamet and Prilosec both work, which I will vouch for. Although DXM has a nice synergistic effect in addition to the actual potentiation, so IMO there is nothing better.

I would also give Imodium (loperamide) a shot. I have never tried it, but in theory it should work...

Interesting thread- why does the grapefruit juice potentiate so many drugs? I'm probably way behind here, but for giggles and shits just explain it to me.

It inhibits certain liver enzymes which process the drugs. Though clearly not to a degree which actually has an effect, from my my experience.

EDIT: Reminder: Do not take DXM if you are on SSRIs. Serotonin Syndrome is nothing to fuck around with...

It inhibits certain liver enzymes which process the drugs. Though clearly not to a degree which actually has an effect, from my my experience.

Does your experience include many of the known substances that they say like say Xanax?

Also you say loperamide to potentiate kratom why so?

Does your experience include many of the known substances that they say like say Xanax?

Also you say loperamide to potentiate kratom why so?

I have not tried it with benzos, even though I have a benzo script. My brother said it does work for diazepam.

And I would assume the lope potentiates it due to it binding to the opioid receptors and "clogging" them up essentially...

DXM? Interesting. Do you know the chemistry behind it? And does it potentiate or just compliment. I wonder how using kratom while robo tripping would turn out. =D

DXM potentiates a lot of things. The NMDA systems in your brain has to do with memory and adaptation. hence tolerance build up, etc. Plus it has some disassociative qualities.
The main potentiation comes from the STRONG NMDA antagonism. I have gotten my tolernace way down with many drugs using DXM. Also Tagament, it blocks thos enzymes that break down many recreational drugs including Kratom. Take DXM (45-60mg) and Tagament (~600mg) about 30-45 minutes before kratom, probably want an antihistamine for the itches if thats an issue, also naproxen for enhanced pain relief. But I've added valium to the mix and nodded the fuk out like it was shiva and xanax!

Oh yeah, also Phenibut! Dam thats a strong potentiator right there, want to get the timing right tho. I'd take say 900mg for (first Phenibut use) about 4 hours at least, before the whole kratom and other potentaitors your gonna do. Phenibut is not just about the GABA-b but also has relatively strong dopamine agonistic effects. Phenibut and Kratom and hella good mix.

read up on the Phenibut please. thats a risky drug if you take it a lot. plus its good to know more about it. It's an extremely long last drug. lol I've had a phenibut high last about 20 some hours, and the afterglow is nice as well. You really should limit how many days a week you use phenibut, tolerance goes up FAST, and its got its dangers. Kinda feels like a weak GHB high. but i'm talking about around 2grams er so of phenibut if your doing that. however just a good 600-900mgs for potentiation on the kratom ought to do the trick.

Last edited:
My favorite potentiators are mixing Kratom with cinnamon applesauce and washing it down with both a caffeine drink (like coffee), but more importantly, 100% pure grapefruit juice.
I just put in my first order for Phenibut.
Any advice for a newbie? I was thinking of mixing it with the Kratom, but in my job, I have to give presentations and i don't want to seem fucked up in front of my boss. I usually take a couple of Xanax, because I do have anxiety with public speaking.
Any advice will be appreciated!

My favorite potentiators are mixing Kratom with cinnamon applesauce and washing it down with both a caffeine drink (like coffee), but more importantly, 100% pure grapefruit juice.
I just put in my first order for Phenibut.
Any advice for a newbie? I was thinking of mixing it with the Kratom, but in my job, I have to give presentations and i don't want to seem fucked up in front of my boss. I usually take a couple of Xanax, because I do have anxiety with public speaking.
Any advice will be appreciated!

The most important thing with phenibut is, for the love of god, resist the temptation to dose more than once or twice a week. Once you give into this temptation, it all goes in the shitter VERY rapidly. Tolerance builds faster than any other drug I've EVER used.

I managed to keep my use to twice a week for a good few months, but the temptation to chase that FIRST time feeling outweighed my discipline and I was soon off to the races, eventually dosing just to avoid heinous rebound effects, mainly severe depression (which eventually hospitalized me for the first time in my life).

The severity of the phenibut withdrawal is directly correlated to the amount needed to continually maintain some semblance of its original effects, which skyrockets and FAST.

Be responsible with it, treat it with respect, and it's actually a pretty safe drug.

As far as its kratom-potentiating quality, I'd say they more just synergize with one another EXTREMELY well. It really is a very nice combination.

Last edited:
Is phenibut sold as a supplement? And is Tagamet/Cimetidine similar to Famotidine?

Phenibut is sold as a supplement, yes. And dirt cheap. Part of why it's so easy to become dependent on it.

As far as famotidine, I am not familiar with it.

Phenibut fucked me as well. Two weeks of daily 2 gram dosing and that was it. I decided to stop one day just because and about 48 hours later I felt the most crippling anxiety I have ever felt, it was like a primal fear mixed with tremors, increased heart rate, sweating, and increased sensitivity/pain. All of this was while taking 10mg diazepam daily; so GABA-A agonism did not cease the withdrawal symptoms, though did lessen them. I had to start taking a beta blocker ultimately to deal with the physical symptoms of the withdrawal and after about a week it cleared.

I have since used Phenibut and really minded the "Less is more" rule. I don't have a limit but typically once I start taking it, I will want to keep taking it. Usually by day three I start to feel depressed/scared about this and decide to stop. I'll put it away for a while and come back to it in a month or so. It's a hell of a beast to kick.

I would say that Phenibut synergizes with kratom. You then have mu activation from kratom and GABA-B (possibly GABA-A) from phenibut. Very easy to keep taking and I do take kratom daily and have for years.

I have tried GFJ with benzodiazepines and the effect is neglible imo. I also take other medications that inhibit cpy enzymes so I am likely chronically CPY inhibited.
Loperamide I have tried as well. There is great disagreement regarding it's ability to potentiate but as stated above, the theory is that because loperamide targets, and binds to the opioid receptors in the gut only (due to it's lack of ability to cross the blood brain barrier) that once these receptors are "full" there will be nowhere else for the kratom alkaloids to travel but directly to the receptors in the brain.
It does seem to provide some extension to the duration of the high, though I have not done this enough to be sure. It definitely adds to the constipation :)

Phenibut fucked me as well. Two weeks of daily 2 gram dosing and that was it. I decided to stop one day just because and about 48 hours later I felt the most crippling anxiety I have ever felt, it was like a primal fear mixed with tremors, increased heart rate, sweating, and increased sensitivity/pain. All of this was while taking 10mg diazepam daily; so GABA-A agonism did not cease the withdrawal symptoms, though did lessen them. I had to start taking a beta blocker ultimately to deal with the physical symptoms of the withdrawal and after about a week it cleared.

I have since used Phenibut and really minded the "Less is more" rule. I don't have a limit but typically once I start taking it, I will want to keep taking it. Usually by day three I start to feel depressed/scared about this and decide to stop. I'll put it away for a while and come back to it in a month or so. It's a hell of a beast to kick.

I would say that Phenibut synergizes with kratom. You then have mu activation from kratom and GABA-B (possibly GABA-A) from phenibut. Very easy to keep taking and I do take kratom daily and have for years.

Diazepam didn't totally alleviate my phenibut withdrawals either, including involuntary body movements and twitching that were noticeable enough that they increased my anxiety even more. I had several weeks of severe insomnia that benzos also would not help. And I agree, the anxiety I experienced coming off of it was absolutely horrific. A cocktail of diazepam, gabapentin and clonidine got me through it.

I ordered it once since, took it twice, and it just wasn't the same. I tossed the rest of the tub and haven't touched it since.