• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos for a bad trip.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Okay so some of you may of seen my previous thread which was asking for a fast acting benzo in case of a bad trip. I was given a few suggestions and I've narrowed it down to this list, based on affordability and how easy it'll be to obtain for myself. Keep in mind I do not want to be put asleep, just calmed down very quickly without it last too long, so I can maybe trip after it's wore off and I'm not panicking so much. Also keep in mind I've never used benzos in my life apart from IV Midazolam when having teeth extracted.

Anyway here is what I have narrowed it down to, so tell me which will be best for my cause.

• Etizolam (1mg tablet / Don't know what dosage to take)
• Alprazolam/Xanax (2mg bars / Was suggested I take 4mg)
• Diazepam (10mg tablet / Don't know what dosage to take)

Got a little bit of a wild card since someone mentioned it and I could see it being somewhat useful. I mean, the ones above are great since they'd calm me down but maybe being knocked out might be better if I was having a bad trip? I don't know.

• Rohypnol (Unknown dosage)

Also in case you wanted to know which psychedelics I'll be using they are.

• 2C-B (18mg tablet / one dose)
• LSD (111ug tab / one dose)
• Magic Mushrooms (Provided I can source them / dose no clue)
• DMT (Providing my other experiences go very well / dose no clue)

Anyway guys thanks for reading, I look forward to reading your replies.

Last edited:
Etiz is probably the cheapest - not a great difference between that and valium (1mg of etiz - 10mg diaz).

Xanax has a higher chance of making you sleep especially at 4mg which would be a waste of a night (IMHO).

Just knowing that you have a safety net should be enough for you, if you plan too much on what to do if you have a bad trip your going to be thinking of a bad trip.

Have a good mind set, have good friends about, have enough time to trip, have a safe place, have a great trip. I've had valium with LSD, Mushrooms, 2cb, and it can take the edge of things if it gets a bit manic without dulling it so much that you cant enjoy the experience - take 5mg which can be enough of a reset to calm you down, if not then take another 5mg. They are often sold in 10mg pills which makes dosing much easier (snap them in half first) - don't have more than one tablet with you in the same place of anything because you can easily get confused and forget if you have taken one.

Have a great one

Just knowing that you have a safety net should be enough for you, if you plan too much on what to do if you have a bad trip your going to be thinking of a bad trip.

This is all it is, a safety net. I have a good mindset about it, honestly. I'm just too nervous to go into it without a safety net. Especially since I'll be doing it alone, well kind of alone. I'll be in my bedroom when I take it and my family will be around the house somewhere. They won't be a problem though, I've been high on MDMA and had conversations with my parents and they've not noticed anything. Although I did have to hide my eyes for obvious reasons.

I know you should do it with a trip sitter for your first time, and usually being outside is best but I am at my most comfortable on my own in my room with my dog. I've had bad trips with weed with people around and it makes me worse. Being alone is best for me. I enjoy my own company much more anyway when it comes to doing drugs, other than cocaine and alcohol.

I'm not giving you shit Fermonos, but like I said in the previous thread, a Benzodiazepine is a vital tool for these purposes, but you are hanging yourself up on the least important aspect, that is, which Benzodiazepine is "best", when the most important issue is just having a Benzodiazepine on hand. I've used long-acting, short-acting and intermediate-acting Benzodiazepines, from Triazolam (Halcion) all the way up to Chlordiazepoxide (Librium). There, no doubt, is going to be some variance from drug to drug, but most will begin exerting noticeable and desired effects within minutes.

Definitely familiarize yourself with some of the dosing equivalencies regarding commonly-used Benzodiazepines. You can always check the internet, but it will come in handy, I can tell you, to have a basic knowledge of what dosage of medication A works for you and what the equivalent dosage for medication B might be. 4mg Alprazolam (Xanax) is a substantial dose. So long as you're not indulging in other CNS depressants, you're not in immediate danger, but at the very least, you can end up doing some stupid shit while in a blackout.

If you can tell a friend what your planning to do then just IF you need to chat to somebody you have a back up plan - instead of finding yourself wanting to call somebody but afraid incase they know your high etc.

Xanax will certainly hit a bit faster and last a shorter time, but personally I find Valium the best because if it's subtle yet very calming and muscle relaxing properties (psychs can cause some muscle tension). 4mg Xanax is an unnecessarily high dose for someone with no tolerance. If you have Xanax start with .5 for just mellowing out and reducing anxiety while still retaining the trip (5mg with valium). If you want to sleep or terminate the trip compelty you could go up 1 - 1.5mg Xanax or 10 - 15mg valium. You can always take a bit more if you feel the need, benzos are very hard to overdose on. It's best to abstain fully when tripping though. Happy trips.

Ps. 18 - 20mg 2cb is a very nice intro to the world of psychedelics. There's very little risk of freaking out on this.

Please tell me you have taken just mushrooms before by itself, and also LSD by itself, and the others... because the way your talking is making me wonder.... I would not be mixing all those together that in that cocktail without trying each individual thing before hand by itself.... if you have not taken each individually then your setting the stages for a trip way to intense that could get out of control and in turn become a bad trip...

And a bad trip with weed like you mentioned (if that's actually possible, bad trip and a bad high are two completely different species) will be like swishing with mouthwash compared to drinking a half gallon of vodka....aka - not even comparable....and likewise more than likely (almost 100% forsure) there will be no amount of trying to hide it from your parents while talking to them that will ever work... play it safe and be safe

Bottom line is just be safe and make sure you know what doing before going to hard.... I just want you to be safe

Please tell me you have taken just mushrooms before by itself, and also LSD by itself, and the others... because the way your talking is making me wonder.... I would not be mixing all those together that in that cocktail without trying each individual thing before hand by itself.... if you have not taken each individually then your setting the stages for a trip way to intense that could get out of control and in turn become a bad trip...

And a bad trip with weed like you mentioned (if that's actually possible, bad trip and a bad high are two completely different species) will be like swishing with mouthwash compared to drinking a half gallon of vodka....aka - not even comparable....and likewise more than likely (almost 100% forsure) there will be no amount of trying to hide it from your parents while talking to them that will ever work... play it safe and be safe

Bottom line is just be safe and make sure you know what doing before going to hard.... I just want you to be safe

I think you misunderstood me. I will be trying these psyches individually. Not all at once, I'll be starting with 18mg of 2C-B as I heard it's a really good introductory psyche for a first timer at these doses.

As for the 'bad trip' on weed, yeah i kind of meant high. Basically I just get super paranoid on weed and end up having full blown panic attacks whenever I smoke it. I can handle it while drunk but then again I barely feel any effect weed offers when I'm that drunk.

I have a lot of confidence I will be fine on psychedelics, but there is no way I can go to family who I've turned to in the past when having bad reactions with weed. Juts no way I could do that while in a full blown LSD trip and going to the hospital is out of the question. I just want something there for a precautionary method. I honestly think I'll be fine but being the type of person I am, i tend to think about a lot of stuff beforehand making me so scared. I'm like that with all drugs though, I was like it was MDMA at first and now I roll every 1 or 2 months. I was even like it when it came to taking codeine when I was younger for actual pain reasons. I was so scared I'd die of it and I would only ever take Paracetamol and Ibuprofen, I'm starting to get a lot better now though but it all stemmed from my bad highs/trips or whatever you want to call them with weed.

Despite popular belief, benzos def. Wont end a trip or abort it. You still trip just with a milder mindset, nasty trips can still occur given the dramatic change of effects xanax, say can cause. Mania is possible added still in an altered tripping state, you can became delirious and black out and do stupid shit. I recommend seroquel to really abort trip

Yea I'm not sure anything can actually abort a trip.... you may be able to minimize effects by a adressing the symptoms (like bad anxiety during trip, Xanax may or may not help during a trip) but the abort button will be conspicuously absent...

Sequel may help, although is never helps me even if not tripping, just gives me horrible restress legs... but i know what opiatecrazy is talking about, best bet would be to sleep it off, if it's even possible