View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

storing a liquid vial of LSD for a relatively short time

lsdketamine

Greenlighter
I am purchasing a half vial of acid and have researched and read that the best way to keep it for long term storage is in a mason jar in the fridge. I live in a climate where right now in the summer the temp ranges from 70-80 degrees, would this temperature degrade the lsd if i just stored it in a mason jar in my closet? I know that this topic has been discussed before but I wanted more input on how important temperature is when preserving lsd. :D

As long as you keep it away from air and light it will last you a while.
I had some 1p-LSD in really hot conditions inside a tent for a couple of months but well closed and it didn't seem to lose potency to my surprise. I don't know if 1p is more stable that LSD but I am guessing they should be similar.
So in the dark closet as you mention I would guess you can have it for at least a year. Probably more with a slight decrease in potency.
In the freezer would be ideal. Then it will take ages to degrade.

I think temperature might be the less important factor, air and light are much worse.

Moderate temperatures like that shouldn't be a problem if you keep your LSD somewhere dry, dark, and reasonably cool. The freezer is a good option for long-term storage, but I wouldn't use the freezer if you're going to be taking it out a lot, as there's a chance moisture might condense on the container.

Let me guess, you're living with your parents and if they found a vile in the fridge... you would be fucked? Not to worry, closet should be fine for ST.

I thought it said "Snorting a liquid vial of LSD"...... too fucked up for bluelight? :)
Anyways, yuh, closet would be fine if your only storing it up to a maximum of 3-4months. After that it'll degrade and get all shiity

It has been posted I am sure, it might be buried in the infiniteness of threads. That's why we keep repeating the same over and over.

I myself I lost count of how many years, but I have some LSD in solution in the freezer and it is as good as the first day. I had it first in the fridge and was alright but I upgraded it to make sure. I think in the fridge might be enough for a long run if correctly packaged. In the freezer I think just about any compound should outlive us...or so I wish, I have a few life supplies I wish to leave as my heritage for the generations coming.

It has been posted I am sure, it might be buried in the infiniteness of threads. That's why we keep repeating the same over and over.

I myself I lost count of how many years, but I have some LSD in solution in the freezer and it is as good as the first day. I had it first in the fridge and was alright but I upgraded it to make sure. I think in the fridge might be enough for a long run if correctly packaged. In the freezer I think just about any compound should outlive us...or so I wish, I have a few life supplies I wish to leave as my heritage for the generations coming.

That's what I'm talking about!
I've even went into the archived discussions looking...

I too hope to keep this valuable and pass it off when I pass off. The visible moisture, in my freezer at least, makes me uneasy with the thought of storing it in there. Though I agree, the colder the better.

Let me guess, you're living with your parents and if they found a vile in the fridge... you would be fucked? Not to worry, closet should be fine for ST.

No im 22 and finished college in LA and just had some messy roommates but I'm in my own apartment now so fridge it is.

If it's in a water solution, I wouldn't put it in the freezer, but in the fridge. If it's in an alcohol solution, then freezer is probably better. I don't have any links to back it up, but I don't think the LSD likes to be in a solution that freezes to ice. It's what I heard anyway.

Whatever you do, please secure it tight and keep it away from kids who might think its candy.
Also make sure no adults can get to it and swallow it by mistake