• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Okay I know this is overkill but..

fermonos

Bluelighter
WHAT THE FUCK CAN I TAKE OTHER THAN AN OPIOID PAINKILLER FOR THIS BACK PAIN I'M EXPERIENCING FROM OPIOID WITHDRAWALS.

Thank you, also how do you stop the cold sweats I must have woken up 12 or so times last night drenched in sweat... I would just take some FUCKING GODDAMN STUPID FUCKING opiates but I don't have any.

Again thank you.

Ps, I should mention Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are not working. It feels like the depths of hell itself are burning in my lower back with the devil himself crushing my bones with the weight of an entire skyscraper, and molten magma is radiating around around my whole body because I'm like a million degrees and my fucking head hurts and just don't do kids drugs. I can't even think straight.

Last edited:
Pregabalin or gabapentin could help immensely with both the back pain and the opiate withdrawal symptoms.

Kratom would also help with both... Considerably well ime

Last edited:
Pregabalin could help immensely with both the back pain and the opiate withdrawal symptoms.

Kratom would also help with both.

Damn, Gabapentin and Pregabalin both go for a lot around where I live. A lot more than opiates I tell you that. I could get 56 pills of Pregabalin but not for a week and then another few days for deliver for a small affordable price but I'm sure I won't need them then and I'll probably be getting more opiates with that money. *sigh* I'm overheating so much right now but it is kind of warm were I live right now compared to usual so yeah.

I've taken 20mg Amitriptyline around 25 minutes ago to see if that can combat my cold sweats during the night. Usually knocks me out, but I'm not feeling it as much I normally would but I dare not take much more since last time I took 30mg I ended up taking anotehr 20mg while blacked out and woke up in someone else's bed and couldn't remember a thing. I am thinking of adding some Prozac in the mix since that makes me sleepy also but not sure if it'd be smart mixing TCAs and SSRIs together. I could take some benadryl but I absolutely HATE how that makes me feel when I wake up and the sleep is always TERRIBLE while on it.

Oh well, just another day of an addict, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Benadryl, or anything similar, will likely just make you feel worse. Possibly much worse.

Clonidine can help with the sweating, temperature stuff and will also sedate you which may help with sleep. Won't help with back pain though. It's only by prescription but if you have any opioid using friends/connects somebody may have some since it does help with withdrawals.

Benzos may help to. They can help you get to sleep and can somewhat dull the shittiness that is withdrawal and it may also help dull the back pain too.

Best thing to remember is the way you are feeling is just temporary, it will get better.

I have no suggestions regarding the amitriptyline and Prozac. Not my area of experience... Hopefully the amitriptyline you took already helps? I dunno though.

benadryl will make the withdrawal ten times worse, been there tried that.

DXM would be good

i can't speak from experience, but i have a friend who uses marijuana for back pain. she says it provides relief.

Last edited:
Suboxone is an opioid and will prolong your addiction, but it's prescribed specifically for tapering off opioids and makes it much easier with significantly less withdrawals. There's kratom too, which works like an opioid but is the weakest one out there and is often used for tapering off opioids. It'll get you off of it, it wouldn't worsen your addiction.

the low back pain is just part of the fun of withdrawal, like the other symptoms - the only thing i have ever found that works is pregabalin/gabapentin. if i know WD is coming i will spend my opiate money on those drugs, knowing they will work to get me functional enough to make more money for opiates. fun fun...

Hello fermonos, there is nothing you can take other than opioids once you started it. I have been through the same thing and my doc says theres no alternative once you started narcotic pain relief. The way to solve your WD problems is to either have your prescription raised or taper your dosage down to where the WD's stop. The reason for the WD's which I'm sure you know is you are taking more pills than you are prescribed. I hope you get this squared away because I feel the discomfort you are experiencing.

STAY AWAY from Benzos if you can, the worst WD's you can imagine is from Benzos.

Last edited:
Kratom is working for me. I don't know how it will affect you, but it has helped me wean off opioid pain medications and helped me get rid of any of the withdrawals I was experiencing (even though I tapered down sufficiently). It is also giving me some pretty decent pain relief.

I'm going to second kratom, it's worked wonders for me and got me off of a really bad addiction to dilaudid. It's a solid painkiller too

Yeah but Kratom is like the same price I'd pay for a week or two worth of opiates... So yeah, I tried it before but I was trying it to see if I could get high off it without the withdrawals and the high wasn't that good. I only got a 25g sample of Bali which was green strain and it done me for 3 highs. It was pretty decent but it just didn't last that long and just after ingesting I would get horrible sharp pains in my stomach and feel very sick. Not to mention the god awful taste.