• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello, Curious Reader decided to join

Cogari

Bluelighter
Well, this is a little awkward, but hello everyone :) I've been reading these forums for a while, and decided that it was worth it to possibly make my own contributions. Due to personal issues I'm a little hesitant and anxious, this is the internet and hopefully no one hunts me down =D

As something of a reserved person until I break the ice, I'm going to give what personal details I can that I think are most important. I'm an aspiring writer, currently studying literature and eager to become a science fiction novelist and lecturer, fingers crossed, in a year or two my first novel will be finished, and until I can make enough money for that alone, odd jobs and teaching will hopefully keep me supported until I can "live the dream", cheesy as that sounds.

I'm fascinated with this forum, the sheer depths of the topics discussed is impressive, and the ability to read about the experiences and collective knowledge of so many is incredible. I like that everything from relationships to drug use can be discussed freely and without the barriers I encounter so often in a restrictive university setting. I feel that I will always be lacking in what I know, and that the experiences of others is really, desperately vital to succeed. At first, I was happy to read anonymously, but I've changed my mind on that, both to give myself confidence, and also to find ways to help myself.

At this time, I'd like to be frank in that I am not at my best yet. I'm currently still in the midst of dealing with depression caused by my sister suffering lasting difficulties from a car accident, and the relationship with my ex fiance devolving into her being physically abusive. I may be very absent with this, inconsistent. But it is not for any other reason that being very unbalanced at the moment. I want to regain the desire within me to really strive, to be as engaged and hopefully as engaging as I was before my life spiralled out of control. I think that this may be a way of helping with that. I'm a bit of a spiritualist, have a love of literature (particularly speculative fiction and American "Beat Generation" pieces), enjoy a good bit of philosophy, gaming and football and hopefully those tidbits paint something of a picture.

That's a little scant...but I also don't want to subject you to a wall of text, hopefully in the end what I contribute will be a better introduction and portrait of myself.

Thanks for your time everyone, cheers!

Cheers! :) I got the request and will add, hopefully I pick things up as I go along :)

Welcome C :) I am relatively new here myself. I did as you for almost a year; read, searched and gained a lot of insight, then decided to join.

I look forward ward to seeing your name around.

Hello MaCherie :) Nice to know about a kindred spirit. Thank you very much, I look forward to seeing your name as well, and hopefully I write things that you get a little bit of entertainment from :)