Some shit on T-3..

Genetic Freak

Moderator: SIED
Staff member
T-3 is popular with bodybuilders and is used by some for pre-contest cut, my main concern has always been thyroid suppression/down-regulation.
Although I have literature that quotes TSH can be a helpful as an adjunct therapy for depression, so possibly correlates your general sense of well-being..

I have a few notes on T-3 that may be helpful:

Important to keep protein intake high. I was on 500g a day. T3 is catabolic but with ASS and high protein muscle losss can be kept to a minimum. Can also add in clen, ECA stack etc if you so wish.

See if you can find out if there is any history of hyperthyroidism in your family, if so then T3 is a no no. Chances are you will be fine but as you well know everytime we put something into our bodies it carries a risk which I don't have a problem with but I also like to minimise the risk as much as possible.

You will need T3 an 'in ear thermometer'

One week before starting the T3 take your morning temperature as soon as you wake up (while still in bed) for 7 consecutive mornings (record in notebook). These will be your base readings.

Start T3 at 25mcg per day for 2 days then stop for 2 days then on for 2 days then off for 2 days and so on and so on. You needs to keep measuring your temperature daily and if after 7 days your temperature is not 0.3-0.6 higher than your base readings then increase T3 by 12.5mcg. If after another 7 days your temperature is still not higher than 0.3-0.6 then increase the dose by another 12.5mcg. Very unlikely that you would have to go above 125mcg.

So you are measuring your temperature each day, when your temperature drops 0.6 celsius below your base readings for 3 mornings in a row it is time to stop using the T3 as your body has begun to down regulate it's own thyroid production. You needs to keep measuring your temperature on a daily basis every morning (still in bed!) and once your temperature has reached it's average base readings again the thyroid has recovered fully. Normally this will take 2-4 weeks depending on the individual.

With this method a rebound (putting weight back on) is unlikely as your own thyroid has only been marginally suppressed. Once your temperature has reached your average base readings you can start the whole procedure again.

T3 is best taken on an empty stomach (better absorption rate) in the morning and then wait 30mins before eating.

I've always had a pretty poor tolerance to high T3 - 100mcg seems to be my upper limit. Even at that dose I feel rotten after a week or two.

Would T4 + albuterol make sense to run as a safer alternative to T3 + clen, or is the pair too weak?

The body controls conversion of T4 into T3, which does ultimately mean exogenous T4 is going to be weaker. It works ok though, in the sense you can feel your metabolism increasing. It's also cheaper and more readily available than T3.

I'm not sure I'd characterise judicious use of T3 + clen as 'unsafe' in the first place though, clen's risk of cardiac toxicity notwithstanding.

If you're going to introduce something to raise your metabolism, I'd recommend you do so only as fat loss slows, and to follow exactly the same logic as with tapering: starting too soon or too high will just hit you with negative feedback.

For me anything over 50-62.5mcg and I feel like shit. I have to split 50mcg into two doses a day or I have massive negative sides.

If you're going to introduce something to raise your metabolism, I'd recommend you do so only as fat loss slows, and to follow exactly the same logic as with tapering: starting too soon or too high will just hit you with negative feedback.

Ya, I have never used anything like this before, and I honestly feel like I have the genetics to get to 6% without such drugs. I mean, the lowest I have ever been is probably 9%, but it felt like more of the same would have continued to work. I would consider using something (at some point... Not for my current cut) to mitigate muscle loss, though. It was never the execution that prevented me from going that low as it was the "damnit I feel tiny" thing, not even looking like I lift while wearing a shirt.

Have you ever used DNP, mate?

Ya, I have never used anything like this before, and I honestly feel like I have the genetics to get to 6% without such drugs. I mean, the lowest I have ever been is probably 9%, but it felt like more of the same would have continued to work. I would consider using something (at some point... Not for my current cut) to mitigate muscle loss, though. It was never the execution that prevented me from going that low as it was the "damnit I feel tiny" thing, not even looking like I lift while wearing a shirt.

Have you ever used DNP, mate?
I'm running dnp currently. Just started a few days ago

Yes, all the time and for many years. I can't (or won't) tolerate much in the way of stimulants or thyroid hormones, so DNP suits me better.

How are you doing? Is it your first cycle?
Yep first time running it. 125mg/day and finishing up day 2. I dig it so far though it's early on and low dose. We'll see how things go

Are you planning to taper up, or just stick with low dose?