Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(LSD/120ug) - Somewhat Experienced - Dream Night Under the Stars with Jake

watermelon14

Bluelighter
I've done LSD several times in the past when I was at a point in my life that I was doing every drug I could get my hands on. However, now that I've gotten clean off of hard drugs and have calmed down for awhile, I decided to give acid another try.

It's been about 6+ months since my last acid trip, so I know I don't need to worry about possibly needing more than one tab to achieve a decent trip. I grab a friend whom I trust, I purchase two tabs of LSD from a friend whose acid I trust, and we put the tabs under our tongues and wait.

We decided to trip at a little park with a playground. It's around 10pm so there's no one here that we have to worry about, and the park is open 24/7 to visitors so we don't need to worry about cops showing up either.

While Jake (name changed for privacy) and I wait for the acid to kick in, we don't really have anything to do besides walk around the park and just talk, so that's what we do. Jake is a friend whom I haven't seen in quite a while, so it's nice to be able to be here with him, just the two of us, and catch up.

After about an hour, I start to feel little raindrop-like drops on my arms and exclaim to Jake, "It's raining!" But Jake reassures me it's not actually raining and that I'm probably just starting to trip, so I believe him, but I continue to feel little drip-drops on my arms even though I know nothing's actually there.

After about another hour, I start to really begin to feel the acid kicking in. The park where we are has these weird swings that you kind of buckle into, and I sit in one and say to Jake, "It feels like I'm being hugged." I remember feeling so absolutely content just sitting motionless in that swing, all buckled in; I just felt so nice and safe and calm.

However, Jake still doesn't seem to be feeling any effects and at this point I start to worry a little that maybe one tab wasn't enough for him or something since it's definitely started to kick in already for me.

I get out of the swing and onto the floor of the playground. It's made of this squishy rubber material and I start crawling on it. The give of the rubbery material feels really nice when I crawl on it and I tell Jake to crawl on it with me. He tells me I'm being really weird and to stop it, but I just laugh. I'm having a great time.

I lay down on the ground and just look up at the stars. They seem to be extraordinarily bright and each one has an aura of a different color: some green, some blue, some pink. Jake lays down next to me and holds my hand.

This surprises me. He didn't seem to be tripping at all and now he's holding my hand. I get butterflies like crazy and this moment, looking at the stars with my hand in his, feels wonderful and I remember thinking to myself: I'm so glad I didn't succeed in killing myself when I attempted, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to experience this beautiful moment.

After laying there on the ground for probably quite a long time, we both get up and decide to walk over to a different park that's not too far from where we are. It's been a few hours by now and that park was getting kind of boring.

I've walked the same exact path from that park to this one a million times in my life, but tonight it feels like the walk takes absolutely forever. It seems like years have passed and when I turn around to see how far we've gone, we're only to the end of the sidewalk. However, we somehow eventually make it to the other park and this one isn't lit up with streetlights like the other one was and it feels almost eerie.

We walk through the darkness into a big field of grass (still pitch black) and eventually find a spot to sit down. Jake holds my hand again. He rubs his thumb across the back of my thumb and I feel absolutely euphoric. I feel like I'm in love with him and if he ever lets go of my hand, I'll die.

Then, Jake starts talking about feeling like we're connected, physically, to each other, even though at that point we're not even touching. I scoot over a little bit so that I'm touching him slightly and I tell him I wish there was something we could do for us to be even closer than just touching. (I realize this sounds like I'm referring to sex, but I meant it in the most innocent way; I simply wanted to be as close to him as I could.)

Jake keeps laughing, muttering that we'd previously agreed to just be friends and nothing more. Then he sits down next to me and says, "I can't fall in love again." I say, "I don't think you're going to fall in love with me," and he says, "Okay."

After that, nothing really happened besides us just laying close to each other and staring at the beautiful stars. With each passing moment, I remember thinking that there's no way the moment, the sky, the trip could get more perfect or more beautiful.

Then, as we're still laying in the grass in the pitch black field, we see what seems like a small group of teenagers walking over. It's about midnight on a Wednesday night and I remember wondering what they could possibly be doing here. First I'm paranoid that they'll see us and somehow ruin this perfect night, but they stop walking when they're still pretty far away and Jake and I are covered by the pitch black night so they don't notice us, but we can see them clearly.

At first, I think that I'm hallucinating the teenagers, but Jake whispers that he sees them too. The teenagers light a small fire on the ground and I worry they're going to try to burn down this whole playground and field. I frantically whisper, "What are they doing???" to Jake.

Turns out, they were just being stupid teenagers (I think). They kept lighting small fires on the ground and then putting them out. This went on for about 30 minutes until they finally left and once again, Jake and I were alone.

Something about Jake's mood or energy seems to have changed. He starts to suggest we go home. I argue with him, partially because I want to stay here and I want this night to last forever and partially because I know he's still tripping and I don't think it will be safe for him to drive.

However, he convinces me and we start walking back towards his car at the other park. Again, this walk feels like it's endless. I don't feel nearly as connected to Jake as I did earlier, despite the fact that I'm definitely still tripping. I ask him if we can hold hands again. He says no. This makes me sad and confused and we walk the rest of the way back in silence.

We get in his car and begin driving to my house when suddenly Jake starts speeding. There's almost no traffic in my small town at this time of night so I'm not really worried at first but eventually he gets up to about 80mph in a 35 and I shout for him to slow down, but before he can he hits a possum. I scream, and he starts laughing maniacially and I'm really scared. I wonder if I'm going to die on this drive home. But thankfully, Jake finally slows down to a normal speed and continues driving normally, albeit silently, for the rest of the way home. When we arrive at my house, I realize that he still has to drive himself back to his own house. I start panicking. I could hardly trust him to drive safely while I was in the car with him; how could I possibly trust him to drive himself home safely if he's by himself? I don't know what to do so I just tell him to look me in the eyes and promise, swear that he will drive safely and not speed. He promises. I tell him to call me the second he gets home.

I lay down in my bed and wait anxiously by my phone for him to let me know he's gotten home safe. I wait and wait and wait. I know he lives only about 20 minutes away.

Twenty minutes pass. No call. Thirty minutes. No call. Forty minutes have passed and at this point I'm extremely nervous and strung out and I'm terrified I have killed my close friend by allowing him to drive by himself on acid. I work myself up into a full-blown panic attack and I'm about to the point where I'm willing to get in the car and drive myself to the local hospital just to make sure he's not there. Thankfully, after an hour has passed, he finally texts me saying he's fine. I am so relieved and finally allow myself to go to sleep.

The next day, he doesn't contact me at all. Strange, considering we'd spent every day of the past week together and last night he basically confessed his love for me.

A few days later, he lets me know he's gotten back together with his ex-girlfriend. I'm hurt and shocked but mostly just confused. I know that acid can cause you to feel closer and more connected to people, but I didn't think it could cause such a strong feeling for someone that in reality/while sober, you actually have no such feelings for.

Although this trip left me disappointed in the end, I did have a really good, fun, magical night and I'm glad I chose to trip with Jake. Even though we didn't end up as more than friends, I do feel like the trip strengthened our friendship and tightened our bond.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds to me like Jake was tripping too, and maybe didn't recognize it or he did start to feel it and you just didn't realize it. Some of his behavior, like the speeding and acting weird at the end, remind me of a friend one mine's first trip (has he tripped before?). He was acting pretty crazy and it seemed like he got kind of disturbed by some feelings he was having, and he actually did the exact speeding and laughing thing. It sounds like maybe he got freaked out by how he was feeling about you and sort of freaked out internally, and also then tried to totally cut off that connection. Getting back together with his ex could be what he's telling you because he doesn't want to get close to someone else now, or else it's true, and maybe while he was tripping, partway through he realized he actually did want to be with her and that's why he cut it off between you.

Either way, it sounds like a cool trip except for that part. I think, just from what I've read here from you, that you might be using guys to fill some sort of void, and you should think about that and not do that because it usually brings pain. If I'm wrong and you were just tripping, sorry.

I think you're right about the using guys to fill some kind of void, unfortunately. :/ I mean, I don't do it intentionally, but I do notice it a lot. Anyway, yeah, it was a pretty good trip besides the bad parts :)

Good trip report, very alive and with a pinch of pain, thank you!

Made me think of all times I have tripped with my girlfriend and my past girlfriends and remember the hysteria and feeling of "everythingfallingoff" brought up by unresolved issues under a strong psychedelic.

I think Jake got confused with his own feelings for you when you told him "I don't think you're going to fall in love with me," - IMO it triggered some memory of love or lack of thereof and caused pain.

I wish you an inner peace, watermelon14! :)

Never felt like this with anyone whilst tripping... I hope to some day though! In terms of Jake getting back with his X, don't worry about it. Plenty more people out there for open-minded female trippers like yourself :)