• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Undercover drug deals lead to discovery of 67 grams of carfentanil

busted.produk

Bluelighter
Sarasota County sheriff’s detectives found 67 grams of carfentanil after several undercover drug deals for suspected heroin led to the arrests of two Sarasota men, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.

Carfentanil is a synthetic opioid that is 10,000 times stronger than morphine and has been used to either cut heroin supplies or, in some cases, replace it altogether.

Using a confidential source, undercover detectives were able to facilitate the purchase of just over one gram of suspected heroin over five meet-ups with 23-year-old Michael Sandusky and 28-year-old Michael White. During two of the transactions, Sandusky would send his “brother” White to make the exchange. The heroin would test positive for carfentanil, according to the sheriff’s office.

During the last exchange, the confidential source went to Sandusky’s house on Theodore Avenue, where they saw a larger quantity of suspected carfentanil, according to the sheriff’s office. Detectives conducted a traffic stop after Sandusky left his house and arrested him.

After a search warrant was granted, detectives found a black case with more than 67 grams of carfentanil and about 4 grams of marijuana inside. Also found were a spoon with white residue, two syringes, a cut straw, a black digital scale and sandwich bags.

Sandusky was initially arrested on April 13 and faces a number of charges: three counts of sale of carfentanil, two counts of principle sale of carfentanil, sale of carfentanil within 1,000 feet of a church, marijuana possession and two counts of paraphernalia possession. He is being held at the Sarasota County jail with a $229,000 bond. White was arrested Monday on two counts of sale of carfentanil and is being held at the jail without bond.

Article found here:http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article149941167.html

i found this yesterday and when i did a little more searching online i found half the articles claimed "67 grams" and half claimed "67 ounces".
I forgot to post it(along with my outrage over media inconsistencies) and after just now searching, it seems as though they all say "grams".
I know thats trivial in contrast to the actual story but regardless, it had me irritated.

Stay safe folks.
Test your drugs.
Fent(and analogues) DO produce noticeably different reactions from H with reagents....

That's insane - how on earth could they think they could safely cut that down for sale?

I wonder what the purity was...bc that is akin to travelling with a chem weapon.

I had no idea what this meant until I read up on the Moscow Theatre Hostage Crisis in 2002. That is unreal.. even though it was never 'officially' disclosed.

Yup, they gassed everyone in the theatre and EMTs didn't have enough reversal agent bc they didn't know what spetnaz released. And with the really strong compounds they have specific antagonists bc they are so potent. Iirc a bunch of ppl died slumped in their seats. I think it was called kolokol or also.ething. but it was like aerosolized 3 methyl fent or some other crazy thing.

Good lord...how on Earth are ppl able to cut that with out some kind of specialized equipment? A Tupperware with ball bearings probably won't work too well as it would before you re press shit.

Scary shit. I've seen a few vendors on the dnms with carfentanyl. Like .25mg. so would that be like 5k doses? You must need like a 40lb bag of lactose​ and shit to even cut a g lol.

I'm pretty sure it's physically impossible to create a homogenous mixture when you have so little of the active ingredient.

I think even with Xanax-like doses (~.5-1% pure powder tablets) you need to mix the active ingredient with something before you mix with your true fillers. And that's like 100x the dose of carfent.

Yeah def. Need a really good v-mixer too, godforbid you miss a clumped up piece of active ingredient...but yeah I'd also think you would need some type of intermediary to mix the API with before actually adding the pill excipients. Kitchen chemists have no business with this stuff (carfentanil and Fentanyl) all the ODs are proof of this.

sale within 1000 feet of a church? Didn't know that was a law, I know about selling in proximity to a school but why a church?

^ probably because this was in florida, which is pretty ultra conservative and all the lawmakers are christian.

Why the fuck would you go around selling carfent as heroin...? Why even fuckin buy 67 grams ? Why even buy 1 gram? I don't get it , I wonder if these bozos even knew what they were handling