• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

AUS:Meth addict mother, 22, left four-month-old baby boy 'starved and close to death'

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
A young mother whose four-month-old baby was allegedly found starving and close to the point of death is a meth addict, her father has claimed.

The baby boy was found in March at the woman's home near Albury in New South Wales after police were called to a domestic incident.

Officers, who found two other children inside the home, were so concerned about the condition of the four-month-old they immediately called paramedics.

The woman's father, who described his 22-year-old daughter as a 'lost soul,' told The Daily Telegraph she was a drug abuser.

'I knew she was on it, I'd go down there sometimes and see a pipe, it was pretty obvious,' he said.

'I knew there were drugs going on, obviously this thing just got way too powerful for her.'

The baby boy, his 17-month old brother and sister, seven, are now in the care of the Department of Family and Community Services.

The grandfather, who also admitted to using drugs in the past, told the paper his daughter wants to get her children back.

'I can't encapsulate the way I feel about what it is doing to the kids... It's just ruining them, it is just devastating,' he said.

The woman, who can't be named, has been charged with failing to provide for her child/cause danger of death.

She is due to appear at Albury Local Court on Monday.

405061D500000578-4504810-image-a-84_1494776883293.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aby-boy-emaciated-ice-user.html#ixzz4h70ZrfpX

This is tragic. Drugs can and do ruin lives. Children being neglected??????? Wtf this instict is so primal.

This is tragic. Drugs can and do ruin lives. Children being neglected??????? Wtf this instict is so primal.

I would actually argue it is the poverty the stigmatized drug use tends to associate with than the drug use itself that led to the child's death. But, I mean, it is only the dailymail.