European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Diazepam questions

Sawful1

Greenlighter
Hi guys, active reader of the forum but first time post. Apologies if this is the wrong section
I had dizzyness towards the back end of last year and diazepam seemed to reduce the symptoms (the docs thought it was labrynthitis). This went away, came back in Jan so i went back, bloody pressure was fine but was given propranolol for anxiety. Did sod all to be truth.

Now i get dizzyness spells again, tight neck muscles etc. My doctors wont give it me so i have to source else where, currently have a box of activa 10mg. Now i'll be honest ive taken it recreationally in the past - but im finding myself wanting to to get rid of the dizzyness but even so, the stuff is great.

Feel ive built a tolerance to it, so now im taking 20-30mg when i do which seems rather high...took 20mg earlier and didnt feel much, took another 10 and felt pretty out of it...but it used to provide slight euphoria...now its more just tiredness!

Whats happening with me! Have i just built up a tolerance? Just seems this benzo makes me tired

Thinking of trying Xanas but its expensive (both for anxiety and at times recreational). Though i now have i source where i can get bensidin diazepam (havent heard of it but googling seems to give v good reviews) 30 tablets pretty cheap.

What you think? Worth trying the "better" brand of diaz or giving xanax a whirl tho its c expensive

Btw im only a young lad - 24 years of age

Thanks

Feel ive built a tolerance to it, so now im taking 20-30mg when i do which seems rather high...took 20mg earlier and didnt feel much, took another 10 and felt pretty out of it...but it used to provide slight euphoria...now its more just tiredness!

Whats happening with me! Have i just built up a tolerance? Just seems this benzo makes me tired
That's what it's supposed to do! It's Diazepam, it's a sleeping pill.

You will build up a tolerance if you keep using the stuff. The loss of euphoria is a warning sign of developing tolerance. At bigger doses than you've been taking, it can be dangerous suddenly to stop taking it. You don't want to get to that level of dependency. Try and get a break from the benzos. 24 is too young to be a benzo addict.

Thanks Julie, to try and not have painful side effects...would you recommend filtering down over time? For example lower it to 20 or 10 over time (dont take everyday) then gradually stop

You can taper down if it helps you psychologically; but it should be safe to stop dead from 20 mg absent any history of fits, and that might be better psychologically for you. It depends how your brain works.

If you experience bad withdrawal effects to the point where you have no choice but to take more benzos, take no more than is necessary to relieve the symptoms.

You can taper down if it helps you psychologically; but it should be safe to stop dead from 20 mg absent any history of fits, and that might be better psychologically for you. It depends how your brain works.

If you experience bad withdrawal effects to the point where you have no choice but to take more benzos, take no more than is necessary to relieve the symptoms.

Thanks - i did start to think the original dizzyness was due to coming off diazepam as i used to take it for anxiety, then the dizziness started after about 3 weeks so assumed withdrawel. This time i think i'll taper it down rather than just stop, most i take from time to time is 20 anyway (only had a one off of 30)