• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Hovenia dulcis extracts as GABAergics

cdin

Moderator: H&R; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
so, i've got a find for you! do some research on Hovenia dulcis. The active ingredient, DHM is used in anti-hangover pills and has been used w/alcohol for a long time in Korea. So what caught my eye was "prevents development of DT's in rats". O really? that's a problem for me. Been using it a few months. AMAZING. potent antagonist at BZD specific gaba-a receptors - IE the ones that make you stupid from booze. Also completely negates diazepam/alprazolam/etizolam. It is also not convulsant. I take a little most days of the week and have noticed only benefits/my gaba receptors feeling better/alcohol not fucking me up as much. I would recommend some dhm after you're off to recalibrate your gaba-a systems.,

Last edited by a moderator:
i was reading about this too and it was recommended to me not long ago but i completely ignored as a dumb ass *slap face*

This looks promising. Anti-sweeteners in the leaves? Hangover cures? Sweet fruit?

So... what does DHM stand for? You gotta name full compound names here, this isn't a kids book club.

i read reports on helping with hangovers, but does it help with alcohol withdrawal, thats a very important thing to know!

It looks like a flavonoid - those are not known for being good, bioavailiable, long half life drugs.

It's worth a try for alcohol w/d but I wouldn't expect miracles.

well benzos are long half life good bioavailable drugs for w/d but they cause even more trouble which puts you in looking for ways to deal with their w/d so, after thousand of years people using alcohol as intoxicant, to this day in 21st century people cannot figure out how to deal with the w/d without using crap like benzos. its unreal!

it works extremely well as an intoxication reducer/hangover reducer. The real money-shot though is bpc-157. it's great at reregulating gaba systems.

whats the source of information regarding bpc 157 balancing the gaba system??

hmm no wonder i couldnt find it, it has 18 year old study. im confused though, since its peptide, it can only be delivered IV correct? so that kind of makes it a bit difficult to dose with :S

no, gastric stable peptide

BPC 157 was effective given per-orally (0.16 microg/ml in the drinking water (12 ml/day/rat)) until sacrifice. Commonly, BPC 157 microg-ng-rats exhibited consistent functional, biomechanical, macroscopic and histological healing improvements. Thus, we suggest BPC 157 improved healing of acute ligament injuries in further ligament therapy.

Screw reregulation of GABA, that's some neat-o medicine. I wanna try this stuff - still healing from burned legs here.

just got 2/3 degree burns on right hand. ill be running it again for sure

Eh? This tree?
I think it is gaining polularity in thailand as a plant of choice for reforestation of the invaded, borked forest.
We used to plant eucalyptus tree due to the speedy growth rate, but the released terpenes from tne roots limited the biodiversity (aka it repels insects, crawlers animals and even other species of trees)
Thus this seems to be a better choices to do so.

I haven't got a chance to try this tree's extract as of now, but per above study it looks kinda interestng

This thread is kind of all over the place - H dulcis is a plant, BPC157 is a completely unrelated synthetic peptide drug.

its not all over the place. it was about GABA and mentioning a plant that helps balance it somehow but its more about GABA in my opinion and GABA is super important to stabilize so any recommendations ideas are welcomed since i have been reading alcohol and benzos can disrupt its balance for life, that is life threatening in my opinion

yeah, the bpc balances gaba, hence the3 relevence. i am also looking forward to its healing properties re the burns. :/