• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your motivation of choice...

Tumaj, I have terrible memory also haha. I often have to have people repeat what they say to me in conversation if I'm not entirely 100% focused on their words. To be fair though sometimes it's a "I don't care enough about this conversation to listen entirely" thing. My memory is undeniably screwed up though.

I'm sure other users have the same problem as many drugs can cause memory impairment. I smoke an unreasonable amount of weed daily and do a lot of downers so I'm not at all surprised.

Ironically enough my job (which I've been told I'm good at) requires a lot of small detail retention haha. When it comes to important shit I can pull it together, but other than that all bets are off.

When I date "fast-talking" girls, I feel like I should record their voice first and set it on "repeat" mode after playing the recorded voice, in order to figure out what they are talking about. Some girls are extremely talkative and they often look for a listener, and I pretend I'm listening until they ask a question... ha ha.

Well you claim that your so called "memory impairment" is a long-term effect of smoking an excessive amount of weed on daily basis, well...
I used to be a THC junkie when I was student but nowadays, my tolerance to THC is very low that even a small amount of weed makes me feeling like i'm the dumbest guy on the planet (while I have a friend who claims that THC increases her IQ level and makes her as smart as jimmy neutron) I remember I lost things such as phone, house key, sun glasses, necklace, watch, wallet and money, all because I was high on THC. :(

Last edited:
Tumaj, I have terrible memory also haha. I often have to have people repeat what they say to me in conversation if I'm not entirely 100% focused on their words. To be fair though sometimes it's a "I don't care enough about this conversation to listen entirely" thing. My memory is undeniably screwed up though.

I'm sure other users have the same problem as many drugs can cause memory impairment. I smoke an unreasonable amount of weed daily and do a lot of downers so I'm not at all surprised.

Ironically enough my job (which I've been told I'm good at) requires a lot of small detail retention haha. When it comes to important shit I can pull it together, but other than that all bets are off.

Some people say weed fucks with their memory but I don't know... I've been smoking weed multiple times a day for almost 5 years now (wow times passes fast) and I have a better memory than most of my sober friends, to be honest. Using benzos and other gabaergics everyday does fuck with it though (I've binged a couple of times).

Good il fashioned speed would motivate me if I had a project in mind that was difficult to do.

I cleared a lot of land and planted a whole new garden complete with transplanting frangipanis and reticulation using speed.

But alas its just not around and meth these days- well if I have a bowl full and get to work straight away sure. But if I hang around dawdling and smoking- nah ...shit will not get done.

I get more motivation from a fully decent breakfast and a coffee than any drug available now. Stims are not what they used to be or maybe Im over them or bith...

Some people say weed fucks with their memory but I don't know... I've been smoking weed multiple times a day for almost 5 years now (wow times passes fast) and I have a better memory than most of my sober friends, to be honest. Using benzos and other gabaergics everyday does fuck with it though (I've binged a couple of times).

I think I catch a lot more of the bad effects of weed than others do, as it's actually a difficult substance to quit for me. I could tell when I just smoked pot though that I would forget things more frequently, but nothing too impairing.

After benzos, I started forgetting everything lol. I text myself stuff that I don't want to forget just so I have a big reminder on my phone's home screen haha. Timers are my new friend too.

Strangely my long term memory is unphased. I can recall conversations I've had with people and the exact words they said from up to 10+ years ago. I've even described exact clothing and facial expressions. Give me 5 minutes after an exchange and I won't even be able to recall your name xD

Nothing really gets my lazy ass to work as well as adderall. Although for it to get me motivated I also need to be binging, the morning after staying up all night I get huge bursts of motivation but unfortunately that's where the mental and physical decline starts so most of the shit I get accomplished isn't my best work.

I've been smoking weed multiple times a day for almost 5 years now (wow times passes fast) and I have a better memory than most of my sober friends

Alright, Seems like your tolerance to THC is very high and that's why you feel smarter when u are high on weed. If you smoke it occasionally (once a week) I bet you will notice short-term memory loss which continues 1/2 days after smoking. However I consider THC to be a safe hallucinogen despite I'm not much into Psychedelics. PsyTrance is still my favorite music genre, but I've had enough of anxiety and stress caused by Psychedelic drugs.

Alright, Seems like your tolerance to THC is very high and that's why you feel smarter when u are high on weed. If you smoke it occasionally (once a week) I bet you will notice short-term memory loss which continues 1/2 days after smoking. However I consider THC to be a safe hallucinogen despite I'm not much into Psychedelics. PsyTrance is still my favorite music genre, but I've had enough of anxiety and stress caused by Psychedelic drugs.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, weed does have bad side effects (mainly paranoia in my case) , I just haven't noticed it negatively affecting my memory. I still get uncomfortably stoned sometimes and it makes it harder to do certain tasks but once the peak passes I'm fine.
But yeah even though I don't need much to get high I'm also quite used to the effects of THC so I can control my high pretty well most of the time because I know what to expect.
I still try not to smoke before important assignments basically because it makes me anxious which affects my performance but otherwise it actually improves my focus.

THC isn't harmless, I know people who experience a lot of side effects and others who experience almost none (not my case) but overall I think it's considerably safer than most of the other recreational drugs.

Yes true, I used to host parties where everyone is taking nothing but Weed, I envy how THC satisfies them.