• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

You Right now V3 - A new Dawn, A new Bromance

Yeah, I'm no fan of shifts either. Currently doing 2 x 12 hour day shifts, followed by 2 x 12 hour night shifts.

Busy is good, time passes like water.

Quiet is shite, time passes like treacle.

Seems quiet, so far. . .

Awww I love a busy shift.

I used to do those shifts. 12 hr day, 12 night three off in a bunker. A wouldn't see the sun in winter unless I was off.

Yeah, I'm no fan of shifts either. Currently doing 2 x 12 hour day shifts, followed by 2 x 12 hour night shifts.

Seems quiet, so far. . .

Quiet = bluelight time?

Yeh, maybe.

Just hanging around listening to the walkie talkie atm. Can't drink or do droogs while working, unfortunately.

10x8owh.jpg

Wearing a dress that is a few centimetres too short to wear on its own, over shiny black leggings with peep-toe boots. Punk as f**k.

Don't think I'll be wearing anything this short again till I've had downstairs remodelled .....

Seems quiet, so far. . .

I do 4 x 12 hour nights in a row along with 3 x 12hr nights, 4 x 12hr days, 3 x 12hr days in blocks then 3 random shifts during "relief week" every 6 weeks....its a lot of hours together (especially the 4 nights in a row ie.48 hours work in 4 days) but I'm only contracted for 37.5 hours a week meaning I get lots of days off...

If you put in annual leave for your 3 relief shifts it works out that you get 2 weeks off with just using 36 hours of holiday....

I like it that way...just got to get today out if the way and then got 11 days off (unless I volunteer for overtime)

Spent a full day searching for my brand new Galaxy S8+ and while virtually on my way out of the house to go into to the Vodafone shop to see about claiming on my insurance for a new one, I go into the freezer for some ice-cubes for to put in my glass of water...

And find said phone sitting in said freezer....

Seems to work just fine after thawing it out though.....

Although I've received a few unwanted cold calls during which I gave them a frosty reception (ahem...sorry, I'll get my coat).

Last edited:
The worst thing you can imagine happening to an IT company happened to us today.

Things still are not quite right, but I cannot for the life of me see what the actual problem is. The problem with intermittent faults is that you can end up thinking you've got a way to fix it, when in reality you have done nothimg of the sort, it's just started behaving again.

Anyway, none of that matters right now. I have tea, capsaicin, weed and diazepam. By tomorrow, hopefully either (1) the workstations being switched off overnight will have fixed it, or (2) it will get worse enough to be obvious how to fix it. An outside third possibility is that I suddenly wake from a pleasant dream and sit bolt upright, knowing exactly what the fault must be and how to fix it; but it's only worth betting on as part of a comprehensive perm.

The worst thing you can imagine happening to an IT company happened to us today.

Things still are not quite right, but I cannot for the life of me see what the actual problem is. The problem with intermittent faults is that you can end up thinking you've got a way to fix it, when in reality you have done nothimg of the sort, it's just started behaving again.

Anyway, none of that matters right now. I have tea, capsaicin, weed and diazepam. By tomorrow, hopefully either (1) the workstations being switched off overnight will have fixed it, or (2) it will get worse enough to be obvious how to fix it. An outside third possibility is that I suddenly wake from a pleasant dream and sit bolt upright, knowing exactly what the fault must be and how to fix it; but it's only worth betting on as part of a comprehensive perm.

So do you think my phone will be ok aftwr spending the night in the freezer? Its supposed to be waterproof and seems fine now its thawed out..

Yeah, most electronics are tested down to -40? -- maybe even lower nowadays, but that was as low as our cold chambers went down to. (LCDs probably won't work below about -15, though.) Cold will precipitate out moisture that was already there, but there won't be much to begin with in a watertight phone .....

Yeah, most electronics are tested down to -40? -- maybe even lower nowadays, but that was as low as our cold chambers went down to. (LCDs probably won't work below about -15, though.) Cold will precipitate out moisture that was already there, but there won't be much to begin with in a watertight phone .....

Yeah it seems to be fine..

Its a brand new Samsung galaxy S8+ which is like a 700-800 quid phone but it's fully insured.

My phone + broadband + insurance is 95 quid a month lol

How cold is a home freezer?

I'm not sure, but around -15/20c for best preservation, though under 0c will do if you don't plan on storing food frozen long term.

Back on the silly shift switch again atm, turns out it's two changes of sleeping cycle every six days. Looks like I just wasted six hours of my and my techs life fixing a unit taken apart by another shift - as it seems to be an electrical, rather than mechanical, issue now that it's back together.

Had some rather excellent hashish last night, small mercies. . .

How cold is a home freezer?
Nominally -18?C, for the old **** marking; but real-life component tolerances mean it could be anywhere down to -22?C in practice.

In a previous experiment, I found my freezer could not freeze screenwash fluid (rated to -26?C) unless it was diluted in an 80:20 mix with water; which looks like -20.8?C. (I actually worked that out just now, using my Grandad's old slide rule .....)

Nominally -18?C, for the old **** marking; but real-life component tolerances mean it could be anywhere down to -22?C in practice.

In a previous experiment, I found my freezer could not freeze screenwash fluid (rated to -26?C) unless it was diluted in an 80:20 mix with water; which looks like -20.8?C. (I actually worked that out just now, using my Grandad's old slide rule .....)

Well it seems that a Galaxy S8 can survive a night in a home freezer no problem...

Its a good phone but totally not worth the massive monthly bill

Freezers used for consumer usage should be -18.

As long as they can freeze a turd then that'll do for me!

Anyway, just getting ready to go and conduct a flying insect census in an abattoir. Not sure I'll be able to control myself with all that frozen meat on display...