• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

You Right now V3 - A new Dawn, A new Bromance

That pic was taken only 2 days ago, and they've grown about another foot in that time.

they're beauties mate! nice work :)

the latex sure is spicy ain't it? finger lickin' good.

Are they likely to have enough goodies in them for the stuff to be psychoactive?

oh absolutely, yes.
i used to be a big poppy fiend - i used to take codeine and shit, but not really a lot of smack - but my absolute favourite opiate was poppy pods.
i grew them for years, and honestly - growing poppies to try and get enough latex to smoke was always a disappointment.
poppy pod tea, on the other hand - fucking lovely. even the latex; fuck trying to get a decent buzz off smoking it - i found taking it orally way more satisfying.

someone with a hefty smack tolerance would need a fair few pods to get high i reckon, but even when i was addicted to the shit, i'd chuck a handful of pods in a blender with a dash of lemon juice, and chug it down (grinds and all) and i'd be well stoned for at least the whole next day.

that goes for fresh pods or dried ones. something special about a green smoothy of fresh opium poppy pods i reckon - and they're bloody pretty flowers as well.
just be careful not to underestimate their potency - titrate your dose - because if you overdo it, you'll be sick as a dog for 48 hours.

i used to painstakingly lance the pods andcollect the latexm, but eventually i fy=ucked that idea off completely and stuck strictly to 'tea' (or poppy pod 'soup' more accurately - i just used to blend em upo real fine and choke down the whole lot. no hassles with wasting any orttrying to extract it or whatever.

i was an avid reader of the old poppies.org forum before it disappeared - and after a lot of experimentation, i came aroyund to the consensus amongst the folks there that the "wash'n'toss" method - drinking the pods grinds n all - was indeed the way to go.
this is back when folks would sell dried pods (for 'flower arranging') on a popular auction website.

a nasty thing to get addicted to (very extended WDs) but great if you are growing yer own and therefore limited to a just a little crop in your flower patch once a year or so.

Yeh, collecting the latex is a bit of a faff, and looks highly suspicious to neighbours. Think I'll score a few more to get a smokable lump, but then I'll go for the poppy tea approach. How did you prepare it? Did you just use the pods or the whole goddamn plant? Did you remove the seeds from the pods or just grind the lot? Were they fresh or dried? How long did you steep then in the water? Etc, fuckin etc...

i used the pods and a bit of stalk.

they're good fresh, and only need to be dried if you want to keep them to use throughout the year, if you have the willpower to keep them (but really, you could just freeze fresh pods).
drying them can be a little risky because of mould. when i had lots of pods, i actually bought a food dehydrator to preserve them, because they tend to go funky pretty quickly if you don't have a good way of drying them. and mouldy pods are a major bummer.

i remember getting a bit desperate at one point, and chucking a handful of stems in the blender, and they were more potent than i expected. apparently there are opiate alkaloids in the stalks and foliage too, but in lower concentrations, and IMO it's a lot of fucking around for probably little reward.
so i would just use the pods and a few inches of the stem.

chop the pods open (if the crowns haven't already popped) and shake out as many seeds as you can, but i never stressed too much about getting a few in there.
if you want to save seeds for next year, wait for the pods to pop open themselves, but you might find some have popped their crowns and some haven't when you want to harvest them.

i refined my pod consumption method to the most simple method possible; it's not elegant, but it's zero waste.

i would simply chucked a few pods in a blender with a bit of (cold/tap) water and some lemon juice to help with the bitter taste a bit.

no heating or soaking are really necessary, unless you want to brew up a tea and strain all the fibrous pod matter out - you could filter it through a mesh kitchen strainer or use a french press - but i used to just strain it, pick out any hard or sharp bits left in the grinds (such as the pointy crown bits of the pods) and use the liquid to wash the pod pulp down.

if you're wanting a nice cuppa tea, you could boil the ground up pods for a bit, give them a couple of rinses and strain them out - but it's still going to taste like crap, and heating it and doing multiple washes takes longer, and you still may lose some of your goodies when you discard the ground pods.

so i used to ingest the grinds as well as the liquid, just little bits at a time, with each sip. take it slow so you're not choking on the stuff, but it's really not hard to swallow.
when they're fresh, they're pretty soft and pulpy - and it's just so much more simple than fucking around with making teas or whatever. if you've dried them, they soften up again in some warm water, and the same method is fine.

i learned this technique from the poppy nerds that had a whole forum about poppy pods that i guess disappeared about 5 or 6 years ago, i think (when authorities caught onto the massive market of apparently legal 'floral arranging' pods being sold online, especially in the States if i remember correctly).

people would refer to their doses in terms of the quantity (weight or volume) of 'grinds' (as opposed to number of pods, which can vary in size from a large marble to bigger than a tennis ball). a couple of heaped tablespoons of grinds would be a goods starting dose i reckon - but you don't know how strong they are, so be cautious with the dosing.
it's not like codeine which you should take all at once - you can redose effectively which allows you to to titrate your dose.

some folks from the poppy forum made tea out of steeping the grinds, whereas i think most favoured the "wash'n'toss" method i preferred.
may not be elegant, washing down little lumps of ground up pods, but it's quick and easy and you don't waste anything, and you don't find yourself re-washing old grinds, wondering if the watery "tea" still has anything of use in it.

...also, the amount of fibre in the ground up pods helps counteract some of the unpleasant effects opiates have on your GI tract - just make sure you consume lots of liquids too.

pods were always my opiate of choice. nice stone that lasts all day.
pretty flowers too, eh ;)

Thanks SJ, pretty comprehensive answer there mate. Much appreciated.

I've just had a smoke of the latex Is gathered this morning, and I swear I got a buzz off it. However, my opiate tolerance is zero atm, so it don't take much :)

I made tea from some poppies a friend grew and it knocked me for 6. I was initially sick and then slumped in bed in a dreamy opiate daze. It was nice but nausea put me off doing it again, along with opiates not really being my thing.

currently basking in some fine mdma and 2c-c trying to a write a trip report for yesterdays adventure with 2c-D and 2c-B. hmmm %) Fine time to be alive I say!

Thanks SJ, pretty comprehensive answer there mate. Much appreciated.

I've just had a smoke of the latex Is gathered this morning, and I swear I got a buzz off it. However, my opiate tolerance is zero atm, so it don't take much :)

cool :)
it's not that smoking does nothing at all - but in my experience it's greatly inferior to the fuzzy warm blanket of orally dosed opium.
enjoy, and play safe. i made myself very, very sick from poppy a few times. really not a fun thing to do.
starting with a small dose and working your way up slowly is the way to go. it lasts so long, you really don't want to overdo it, cos it makes you crook for a very long time

Just feeding the workman with extra strong coffee and bacon butties while they're tiling my bathroom. If I had any phet, they'd be getting a dose of that as well... ;)

Meh, spent around the lastten hours serving cokeheads, while only drinking booze and matching a bunch of them drink for drink, sans coke.

Bit drunk now.

OTOH, I just broke into tghe chef's domain, and found some clonakilty black and white pudding, so has some of that alonmg with sasuage, bacon and a good egg.

Honestly, I'm stoned and drunk, and haven't eaten that shit in years. so damn good.

I'd like to apologise to the residents of an historic Cotswolds town for stealing the beautiful poppies out of your gardens a couple of decades hence. We made very profitable opium out of the them, but I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that i plugged some & got nothing off it whatsoever & it made a terrible mess in my knickers

Sweating so much i'm starting think i could be partly responsible for the regular drought's in California.

Yeh, doing stims in hot weather can be bloody uncomfortable. I used to hate summer when I was a speedfreak. Too hot, nights too short and birds singing too fuckin early...

I'd like to apologise to the residents of an historic Cotswolds town for stealing the beautiful poppies out of your gardens a couple of decades hence. We made very profitable opium out of the them, but I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that i plugged some & got nothing off it whatsoever & it made a terrible mess in my knickers

The old dears from the neighbourhood watch committee are too busy making chutneys and gossiping about their neighbours to even notice stuff like that going missing from their 'gardens'.

Yeh, doing stims in hot weather can be bloody uncomfortable. I used to hate summer when I was a speedfreak. Too hot, nights too short and birds singing too fuckin early...

dem fecking birds!!!

5611203502_a4bc219485_b.jpg

" Off yer tits are ya?? still awake are ya??? Well check out the dawn chorus.....remix that ya cunt"

Lol, I got home at 7.30am after a night of tunes, coke, booze, weed and fucking heroin. Some cunts were running a half marathon, but I navigated the scooter through them like a boss. Thanks fuck for tinted visors. . .