• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Journal of Nature article indicating Cannabis may be good for elderly brain May 9/17

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
http://www.jpost.com/Business-and-I...ay-offer-cure-for-dementia-study-finds-490233

This is just one of the links that I could find. And if you have the journal at work you can look at it for free.

Basically, young rats fed low doses of THC showed memory impairment, whereas middle and older aged rats displayed cognitive improvement as a result of low dose THC administration. Research conducted in Germany and Israel.

Basic hypothesis is that the endocannabinoid system may become 'deficient' as it ages and that supplementation with THC may prove useful. Interestingly, Cannabis appeared to stimulate increasing numbers of neuronal connections.

Double blind studies considering age, sex and other factors will see if this improvement can be demonstrated in humans.

Tom

(after smoking weed since October. 1984 I think I would know by now if it was going to kill me or cause other unforseen problems. Realistically, it has improved the quality of my life)

Salutations Thomas Davie,

Oh!
« ...Cannabis may be good for elderly brain... »

M'yeah... Well, what's the big news all about?... ;)

Research conducted in Germany and Israel.

Ah, sometimes just like today i come to envy any country with such relative freedom allowed for innovative cannabis-related domains!

A long while ago an Israeli "start-up" called Syqe Medical made the news with their cannabis inhaler designed for medical applications. It was supposed to come with a convenient amovible/rotating distribution-wheel able to contain a total of 70 x ~15 mg "dry-leaf" doses:

Syqe-Medical-Generates-Marijuana-Inhaler.jpg

Their "metered" concept was an inspiration i must admit!...

:D

While in the province of Québec we got more bigotry like this:

2hmd8vc.jpg

In Québec our health minister Lucie Charlebois already dedicated her resources targeting smoker, e-Cig and vaporist items altogheter, through her bigot Liberal law project exactly:

Le mardi 18 août 2015 - Vol. 44 N° 58

Consultations particulières et auditions publiques sur le projet de loi n° 44, Loi visant à renforcer la lutte contre le tabagisme

Which i suspect couldn't have taken place without an event as this to prepare the troups:

Prohibitionists were at it again in Moscow, just a few days ago, this time targetting tobacco/nicotine and e-Cigs/e-Liquids/e-Flavors altogether. Their sense of democracy resulted in exclusions actually:
These are their targets: smokeless tobacco products (4.4.1), electronic nicotine delivery systems (4.4.2)​ and also shisha, narghile, arghile, hookah, hubble-bubble, and goza (FCTC/COP/6/11). Also i recall reading about water bongs i think...

So much for Harm Reduction.
106.gif

Now lets appreciate the real-life result of such bigotry banalization:
8)

A bigot woman (who's quite short of objectivity on the subject, by the way!) has effectively managed to target healthier "Harm-Reduction" (e-Cig/vaporizer) devices just the same as if these products were about smoking tobacco!! As a matter of fact we can all witness how unjust the law proves to be for this Canuck commerce dedicated to offering alternative solutions other than total abstaining (...) to adult smokers/ex-smokers! This is self-serving Liberal power abuse while pretending to "save" the children of planet Itnoc - In The Name Of Children!... Children... Children... Children...

Still day-dreaming anyone??

:|

Good day, have fun!! =D

Last edited: