• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What music do you workout to?

Ovidio

Ex-Bluelighter
I started off with Skrillex tonight

It got me running at a pretty epic speed

Bangarang!

Whatever suits the mood - lately it's been alternative count down weekly -- although I love dubstep so sometimes I change it up.

-dp

Trance is working pretty well for me at the moment for running, though there are some shitty tunes which I just skip through when they come on. I'm finding that some music is better for running, while some is better for cycling or the rowing machine. I will sometimes listen to 70s rock on the cycling machine while i am sitting upright and reading articles on my phone at the same time

Classical or talk radio between sets. Then switch over to metal for my sets. Metal and powerlifting go together like PB&J.

Usually Death Grips when lifting, shit gets me pumped and angry as fuck, especially The Money Store

my rock jams are usually Pantera, Misfits, Rage against the machine. basically anything in between.
my rap jams are Lil Boosie, Gucci Mane, Jeezy, and Tupac.

Both genres give me the same feeling.

Psybient related sets, something with a steady but thumping beat but not so hectic that it distracts my attention.

When it's deadlifts then Bathory.

Hardstyle and hardcore. I love DJ sets from DJ Anime and DJ Stephanie during workouts :)

Drum and Bass is great on my exercise bike and also just for dancing to- it's a great work out!

I always have on repeat when I am doing some heavy squats/deadlifts. Any gangster rap from the 90's will do.

I like working out/running with music. It all depends on what day it is really and my mood. Tbh, I like listening to new rap/rnb or grime/house/garage. Lately tho' I've found some enjoyment in just working out in silence. I felt like I was getting sloppy with my routine/posture and I really needed to sit in my head and critique myself about certain things. Also suffering from some knee injury right now which has me really bummed. I need to go visit a Dr. and get it checked out. I feel like it is impact related where I switched running on a treadmill to cross-country(ish) running and rugged terrain.

Running - nothing atm. Im trying to get back into it and i find being able to hear my breath makes it easier to notice when Im mouth breathing haha...and that i need to slow down a minute and breathe through my nose. But when i listen to music while running its something with some rhythm - psy or prog trance, psy-ambient/dub...

Strength training - something hard and fast. Usually psy or prog trance like cosmosis, space cat, captain hook, psysex, loud .. maybe some dnb - icicle, audio, bse

When I actually get my lazy ass to the gym, more often than not I put on RTJ2 when I lift and then listen to a podcast when walking (I'm old and full of arthritis, shut up) on the treadmill.