• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

supplements for psoriasis

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
my dad recently had his psoriasis medicince changed and I can tell his is about to start climbing walls. Unfortunately, he is very timid and has this idea that Drs know best... so he won't ask them to change it back. However, I told him I won't ask online about supplements that could complement the meds. So, which supplements have helped you or your loved ones most? He has tried many lotions ever Rx ones. He also tried phototherapy. He is in his late 70s and not good with computers hence why I am asking for him. Thanks for any ideas.

Some supplements like vitamin D, glucosamine and chondroitin and omega-3 fatty acids can helpful for psoriasis inflammation. However, they may interact with his medications or make them less effective. My dad is also in his 70's and it's hard to get him to even see his doctor. I'm going to move this to Healthy Living and hopefully, someone with experience in psoriasis can help. I hope you can find some solutions. :)

Plaque psoriasis and it's pretty much everywhere I have seen at least now.., when he was on immune supperents it was basically gone

I dont know what plague psoriasis is but i put some vegetable oil and a thick oil like petroleum on a white t shirt ultra thin then put a dry shirt over top then my normal shirt and it really helped my itchy red skin but im no doctor i dont know if thats a good idea i just know it makes my pain stop.

Also i stopped bleaching my t shirts because i feel like the yellow and brown keep my skin from breaking out in a rash and i drink a large amount of fats like esp i like the fats from coffee they make me drool but they seem to make my skin feel the best i think it has to do with the rich colors not the caffeine so i think any plant food not just coffee with rich pigments and different oils would work.

you can get psoriasis around the head where yor hair starts so for years I thought it was really bad dandruff or something. I'm in my twenties and I suffer from this. This has being on my to do list an I saw this thread so yea you people say supplements and exercise ? anything else ?? Be really helping

I finally convinced Dad to call his Dr and ask for prednisone as it would likely help and even if they say no, the fact that he is asking will alert them to the point that he is climbing the walls