• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Time Between Rolls Question

HonestTrailer

Greenlighter
Hi there guys, just wondering if or how he should proceed with his rolls. So heres a quick list of times between previous rolls.

Took it waited 2 weeks, Took it waited 1 week, Took it waited 2 weeks, Took it again. Its will have been two weeks since last roll and is planning on doing it one last time before a big break.

To break it down has taken it 4 times in the last 7 weeks and due to a big event upcoming wants to know if it would be okay to take one last time.

knows that of course it isn't exactly safe to do this much, but is the type to binge and then stop for a while.

approves the rolls have dark web quality.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Hi there guys, swim was just wondering if or how he should proceed with his rolls. So heres a quick list of times between swims previous rolls.

Took it waited 2 weeks, Took it waited 1 week, Took it waited 2 weeks, Took it again. Its will have been two weeks since last roll and swim is planning on doing it one last time before a big break.

To break it down has taken it 4 times in the last 7 weeks and due to a big event upcoming wants to know if it would be okay to take one last time.

knows that of course it isn't exactly safe to do this much, but is the type to binge and then stop for a while.

approves the rolls have dark web quality.

Thank you for your time.
Play with fire long enough....you will get burned. Btw edit out SWIM. It's against BLUA and everyone knows (including a prosecuting attorney) that it's you using drugs. Also it would be a bad idea to tell the world how you score your drugs.

Personally wouldn't touch anything under 8 weeks at bare minimum and have only done that once with 3-5 months between typically.

Look at all the threads of "serotonin syndrome" "lost the magic" "depressed after binge use" etc. once you get to a point like that, it's a hell of a lot harder to deal with than just mitigating in the first place, not to mention the neurotoxicity likely taking place over time. To me I'd rather keep rolling and experiencing the magic for the rest of my life - not be battling depression or other issues because I "couldn't go without it" a few times.

That's just me

Has there ever been a long-term observation of someone using consistently every month or every 2 months and what were the results?

Seeing as it's a schedule I that would be no lol...

We have the info from MAPS trials but the strength, number of doses, and overall duration of dosing period wasn't that much IIRC. Even then, it's pharmaceutical MDMA in a controlled setting which cannot be extrapolated reliably to street MDMA which, even in its purest form, is likely adulterated to some extent with MDA/amphetamine/meth on top of the fact it's used in a very uncontrolled environment.

Additionally, there could likely be some amount of negative cognitive effects in the trials but, when weighed against the effects of PTSD inhibiting a normal life for people, the benefits still outweigh the risks.

Hey guys need some advice. I want to roll at the start of the summer break but I am unsure if I will have waited enough time. This is the dates of my rolls: First ever roll: January 27th, second roll: March 4th and my third roll: April the 29th. Will I be ok to roll on a 180mg dwm pill or should I wait longer?

Absolutely not. You must wait at least an additional 13 days, 7 hours, and 41 minutes until you can roll again in order for it to be "safe" not that we even know when your summer break is.

For real though, I don't spend much time on this forum but why the fuck does everyone ask the same question over and over when almost everyone cites a 3 month wait time as a generally safe precaution...

Summer break starts around the 3rd July but I probably won't roll until after the 10th

Seeing as it's a schedule I that would be no lol...

We have the info from MAPS trials but the strength, number of doses, and overall duration of dosing period wasn't that much IIRC. Even then, it's pharmaceutical MDMA in a controlled setting which cannot be extrapolated reliably to street MDMA which, even in its purest form, is likely adulterated to some extent with MDA/amphetamine/meth on top of the fact it's used in a very uncontrolled environment.

Additionally, there could likely be some amount of negative cognitive effects in the trials but, when weighed against the effects of PTSD inhibiting a normal life for people, the benefits still outweigh the risks.

I don't care about official trials, we know they are bunk. I'm talking about long term users here or any other online community. Have people been known to roll consistently every month or so and still get neurotoxicity/problems?

3 months isn't the gospel. I've read several FAQs and posts on here and no one can agree. The FAQ says it takes 2 weeks for serotonin levels to get back to normal. Another one recommends at least 4 weeks. Another one which I now can't find recommended 6-8 weeks to keep the magic which is the number I go by. I made a thread asking which is correct and people told me 2 months is best. You say 3 months. No one can agree, obviously. Don't be surprised people ask the same question if they can't find a consistent answer.

I don't care about official trials, we know they are bunk. I'm talking about long term users here or any other online community. Have people been known to roll consistently every month or so and still get neurotoxicity/problems?

3 months isn't the gospel. I've read several FAQs and posts on here and no one can agree. The FAQ says it takes 2 weeks for serotonin levels to get back to normal. Another one recommends at least 4 weeks. Another one which I now can't find recommended 6-8 weeks to keep the magic which is the number I go by. I made a thread asking which is correct and people told me 2 months is best. You say 3 months. No one can agree, obviously. Don't be surprised people ask the same question if they can't find a consistent answer.

Three months, based on the research available, is the absolute shortest period I would safely wait.

First, the problem there is that without brain scans, no one can tell you if and to what degree neurotoxicity/neurodegredation has occurred. Going by how someone 'feels' is obviously completely worthless and by the time people are having real 'problems', the amount of damage is likely significant and irreversible.

The issue isn't serotonin replenishment, although I have seen a study that said it took around 4-5 months for serotonin to more or less completely replenish- will try to find that at some point.

The issue is neurodegredation of serotonin uptake sites. Per the studies below, although they cannot be 100% extrapolated to humans they are pretty indicative of what is going on neurologically, recovery is in the realm of 6-12 months. If you're rolling every month, I'd bet any amount of money there is some irreparable degradation going on and likely even with waiting 3 months although significantly safer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4058674/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7680719/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1979218/?i=6&from=/7680719/related

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1374470/?i=2&from=/7680719/related

Based on this study in humans, SERT binding was still reduced at 145 days (4.8 months). It took a minimum of 91 days with an average of 212 days (7 months) for serotonin transporter binding potential to return to normal in most of the brain and even longer in the cerebral cortex.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapsychiatry/fullarticle/211305#qundefined

Bottom line is that it takes nothing besides self control to easily mitigate problems up front whereas it's near impossible on the back end. MDMA is an incredible drug but why take any more risk than necessary of fucking up the only brain anyone has.

People just want other people to tell them things that allow them to justify frequent use in their head when it comes down to it.

Thanks Swim15 for all the useful info. Basically, I was looking for some kind of time frame. Example, rolling every week will noticeably fuck you up within 2 years, rolling every 2 weeks within 5 years, every month within 10 years etc.
You prescribe 3 months. Is this threshold the one where you'll be very old or dead by the time you notice any real neurodegradation?
The reason these thresholds kept increasing among the drug user crowds is due to received wisdom, no? Probably everyone rolled every week in the 1980s which is why 2 weeks quickly became the gospel and increased to 2-3 months today because the neurodegradation problems occurred over the decades and people realized they want a lifespan longer than 10-20 years.

People just want other people to tell them things that allow them to justify frequent use in their head when it comes down to it.

That's true for many people but not me, I'm responsible.

The answer is that no one knows.

Plenty of people take substance X (legal or illegal, prescribed or unprescribed) and, just like everything, it's an unknown bell curve.

Some will tolerate a drug well or it will improve their quality of life. Others will take the same drug with detrimental side effects and it all comes down to millions of factors in genetics and the epi genome that influence reaction and drug metabolism.

On one end of the spectrum, some will roll once and have noticeable permanent damage, HPPD, or other psychological problems. On the other hand, some will be very resilient or have unique metabolism of the drug or neurotransmitters and be able to roll frequently with no *perceived* negative effects.

If safety or longevity is your ultimate goal without complete abstinence, based on the research available, I would say 12 month breaks between use would be optimal and is what some neuroscience majors I know follow.

Otherwise it comes down to weighing risks and their likelihood with the positive benefits.

I know everyone reacts differently to them and that things like general health, sleep and diet are factors. But what would be the rough time I'd crumble if I did it consistently every 6-8 weeks? A decade or several decades?

Also, do you know of a drug similar to mdma that is more suitable to be used frequently? I'm mainly after the afterglow and not the roll.
I tried oxytocin but it's a pain in the ass to maintain and difficult to find.

Anyone's best guess. Might be a few years, might be never. Same goes for every individual person.

And no on the substitutes. Mushrooms and 2cb is the closest combo I've found but that's for the high, not the afterglow.

The self-reported personal diaries of users on here should be compiled and kept track of for the sake of science. It's the best alternative we have since official experimentation on human beings is illegal.
I heard of 2-CB, any loved up feelings come with it?

The self-reported personal diaries of users on here should be compiled and kept track of for the sake of science. It's the best alternative we have since official experimentation on human beings is illegal.
I heard of 2-CB, any loved up feelings come with it?

Not particularly...at moderate doses it had some feel good-ness to it but not much like MDMA. Nothing in my experience is quite like MDMA lol. At higher doses, it was very psychedelic with similar effects to mushrooms in type and LSD in strength.

As a role of thumb three months minium is a good start. That said, Ive done ecstacy pills about once a week for six months straight and lost the magic after about two times. It felt good, but magic was gone, and I ignorantly kept doing them untill they didnt work.

Took a thirteen year break, tried 5-mapb a research chem, rolled balls, and got serotonin syndrome. yes I tested my stuff . In 2015 I started after a thirteen year break and would do it once every three months, I did it about three times in 2015 and two and three, magic really wasnt there. 2016 I did it once and mixed it with a typtamine and felt good. Took over a year break and did it in 2017 and rolled hard, almost too hard. Two weeks later did some 6-apb, which that ht my sweet spot at 75-80 mgs. 5 -mapb is quite strong for me, almost too strong at 75mgs.

Id say at least four to six months to feel the magic ,in my experience , the longer the break , the magic came back. I can only go by my experience and some research. more importantly my expirience`

I was JUST about to ask about 6-APB. Can you provide more info? Did it feel anything close to ecstasy?