• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

truffles contain endocannabinoid anandamide

Nearly zero. Anandamide is arachidonyl ethanolamide. This would be absorbed as any other fatty acid in the body where the bond would be hydrolyzed before absorption. Furthermore anandamide is unlike other neurotransmitters that are stored in vesicles prior to release, as it is synthesized de novo from arachidonic acid found in the cell membrane. It is not like serotonin where depletion occurs and levels can be increased by sidestepping a rate limiting enzyme.

so even using pure anandamide as in powder or spray, it will still not do anything? kind of interesting since i read it is contained in chocolate and there are reports of its effects oral consumption. well, i suppose it might not be the most active ingredient in truffles then, but they do work like cannabidiol for me, kind of the same feeling if i dose high

Just scanning the literature, it seems anandamide breaks down rapidly but a high diet of arachidonic acid will increase endocannabanoids in the brain. Looks like I was shakey on the previous comment.

Also anandamide is not the main endocannabanoid in the brain. That is 2 arachidonyl glycerol (2ag). Anandamide is a partial agonist at cb1 found in lower levels than 2ag, which is a full agonist.

Anandamide is too rapidly hydrolized to be a good drug, pharmacologically speaking.

Given that the active metabolite of acetaminophen (AM-404) is meant to be a cannabinoid I'd expect that it'd be pretty mild anyway.

FAAH inhibitors are another story though, I believe they work as cannabinoid-type drugs by stopping the breakdown of anadamide a la MAOI

Another drug target is monoacylglycerol lipase. This hydrolyzes the ester bond of 2ag, and has indications similar to FAAH inhibitors. A further target in the same vein is inhibition of fatty acid binding protein. The fatty acid binding protein ferries endocannabanoids to their respective hydrolytic enzymes, and inhibiting it increases levels of 2ag and anandamide.

Just scanning the literature, it seems anandamide breaks down rapidly but a high diet of arachidonic acid will increase endocannabanoids in the brain. Looks like I was shakey on the previous comment.

Also anandamide is not the main endocannabanoid in the brain. That is 2 arachidonyl glycerol (2ag). Anandamide is a partial agonist at cb1 found in lower levels than 2ag, which is a full agonist.

this confuses me since arachidonic acid is highly inflammable and anandamide is the opposite, so how can it be formed from high dose of arachidonic acid?

anandamide is structurally derived from arachidonic acid. Your body doesn't make it from scratch.