• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Burnt cannabis-infused butter: it seems very strong?

GeorgePsalm

Greenlighter
First-time poster. I decarboxylated about five grammes of bud and fifty grammes of leaves (many of them quite 'sugary'), so I am estimating a little over 2 grammes THC content. It started with the leaves in the oven for about ten minutes, then added the bud for another half hour, at around 110 degrees Celsius. I crushed it into a rough chaff, and then made cannabutter using 500g of unsalted butter and some water. I usually simmer for two or three hours, but for some reason (I wasn't using a bain marie, rather a heavyish saucepan) it cooked much more rapidly than usually, and after an hour and half I was surprised by the smell of burnt butter. The cannabis content was not quite cinders, but was clearly depleted through infusion, while the butter itself was burnt. Now, I like to consume it melted in coffee or just in boiling water, and while it tasted odd and burnt (bitter), I found it to be very strong indeed. A teaspoon, and I was very profoundly affected for around five hours. Is anyone able to explain what happened when I burnt the butter? Obviously, the a different cannabinoid profile was released.