• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Depakote

treezy z

Bluelighter
I'm on this now, seems to chill me the fuck out very well. (Put on it to control extreme manic states)

Any experiences?

My main concern is I seem to be gaining weight, need to get a scale and count calories.

I was on it for anxiety but it didn't work out well for me.

I was on seroquel and a bunch of other stuff because I was being used a guinea pig and my doctor eas actually prosecuted for over medicating and taking bribes.

So yeah it zombied me the fuck out. I honestly don't remember much. When I stopped taking it I barely recognized my wife. Needless to say the psych meds left a blank in my life that I flat out don't remember.

Yeah it will chill you out. You gain weight. You need to.jave blood tests for your liver regularly.

They gave it to me to stop ocd'ing and it got worse. I did get really good at skateboarding during that time because its literally all I did besides fast money.

I don't remember shit. People said I was awesome back then but when I stopped I didn't like the life I had and left my wife.

So its pretty heavy duty and the strongest pysch med I evrr took (I didn't need it and it made my life worse) so it was difficult to stop.

Just be careful because it makes seroquel like a sugar pill.

this interests me muchly - i currently take 2500mg depakote a day and have done since 2003. i've never felt any effects whatsoever so i can only assume i'd be an absolute nightmare without it. i never experienced any weight gain, sedation or other side effects - and i find that compared to stuff like quetiapine or other stuff i get given when i go seriously manic its positively pleasant due to its lack of noticeable sideeffects...

Maybe you need it.

I need klonopin for my anxiety, I don't have mood issues I just have fight or flight issues heavy with a heaping dose of general anxiety due to stress due to a myriad of things that happened before I had any say in my life.

this interests me muchly - i currently take 2500mg depakote a day and have done since 2003. i've never felt any effects whatsoever so i can only assume i'd be an absolute nightmare without it. i never experienced any weight gain, sedation or other side effects - and i find that compared to stuff like quetiapine or other stuff i get given when i go seriously manic its positively pleasant due to its lack of noticeable sideeffects...

yeah i've been taking antipsychotics on and off for years and i threw most of them in the fucking trash, this shit mellows me out much better.

oddly i also take risperidone and amisulpride and i notice no effects that i can feel from taking either of those either - never suffered any side effects whatsoever. crucially, i have been through paliperidone, olanzapine, and a number of other antipsychotics and antidepressants that i really didnt get on with - different things suit different people with an amazing amount of variation so i guess you have to keep pushing till the docs find the right treatment for you...

Coming from someone who has or had anorexia (still always will linger) but also the need for anxiety/depression meds, i have my fair share of freaking out over weight gain meds or at least presumably weight gain meds...and then i realized if its really helping with the anxiety and for me the thoughts then maybe you do truly need it and please just give it a chance!! i'm NOT one to judge nor is this bad or good but if your'e frekaing out over calories and weighing yourself probably good that you have a med that is chilling you out