• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Increased body sensitivity/anxiety and urge to stretch and move after smoking

yaene

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight!

I've been smoking/vaping irregularly for many years. When I do it alone at home I almost always feel like not wanting to sit still (e.g. in front of my computer, what I do a lot normally) but instead do some stretching/yoga or funny body movements and especially dance. Just last night after ripping a bowl I started to dance quite intensely to this one mixtape I was listening to. And I mean seriously putting a lot of energy to quick body movements, like doing exercise. Should be fun right? Well...

The thing is, I have a history of a few panic attacks and weird and strong body sensations which have been causing a lot of anxiety back in the days. During the last 7 years I've not had these symptoms but sometimes they come to my mind (or literally to my body) while baked. Not nearly as strong as before but still as some form of body-related anxiety. For instance, last night while dancing and enjoying myself I suddenly had these thoughts like "Am I dancing too intensely? Could I somehow break my body with these movements?" I did a pretty good job convincing me that there's nothing to be afraid of, but these kind of anxious thoughts/body feelings sometimes still haunt me. But I mean, there's not a chance I could suddenly die or something while dancing baked, I'm 29 years old and in okayish shape.

Does someone else share these kind of experiences of body-related anxiety while smoking? Thanks for your input!