• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

LSD didn't work?

cpncook

Greenlighter
So last night i took two tabs of LSD. I didn't feel anything and this was my third trip. The other two trips worked before and all the LSD was from the same stash. I took one tab the night before. Does that have something to do with it?

This is typical. You tripped the night before last, and your serotonin receptors had been downregulated by the last trip. This caused your brain to be tolerant to the effects of LSD and thus you didn't trip, and this is what happens for most people. Some people would tell you that if you wish to trip two days in a row to increase the dosage, and I've known some people who were of this school of thought. However myself and many other people would recommend not tripping within several days of the previous trip (to ensure the tolerance subsides). In my experience, not spacing your trips apart causes the experience to have a different, possibly even paranoid vibe and largely lack in visuals, if you're even able to trip at all.

This is typical. You tripped the night before last, and your serotonin receptors had been downregulated by the last trip. This caused your brain to be tolerant to the effects of LSD and thus you didn't trip, and this is what happens for most people. Some people would tell you that if you wish to trip two days in a row to increase the dosage, and I've known some people who were of this school of thought. However myself and many other people would recommend not tripping within several days of the previous trip (to ensure the tolerance subsides). In my experience, not spacing your trips apart causes the experience to have a different, possibly even paranoid vibe and largely lack in visuals, if you're even able to trip at all.

This. I find that your tolerance to the effects of these kind of drugs skyrockets more or less instantly, even re - dosing during the trip tends to just extend it at the most as opposed to intensifying the effects. The tolerance crosses over with similar chemicals including all the LSD analogues / derivatives (ETH - LAD, 1P - LSD etc), magic mushrooms and many other psyches of various chemical classifications.

Less is more with these yokes IMO, you get more out of them and even if you wait the minimum amount of time it takes to regain sensitivity (about a week?), taking them all the time is bound to send the most headstrong of folk crackers....

Have a gander at our 'Psychedelic Drugs' Focus forum cpncook >>>>> http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/48-Psychedelic-Drugs for the lowdown on all things swirly.... 8(