• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Advice/Help - "ectopic beats"/irregular heart issues after taking DLPA - 72 hours +

Drink_Tea_Love_Cat

Bluelighter
Advice/Help - "ectopic beats"/irregular heart issues after taking DLPA - 72 hours +

TLDR:
  • Have irregular heart beat off the back of moderate doses of DLPA (2 x 2 nights of 700mg) and it still persists after 72 hours after cessation. How long can I expect DLPA effects to last?
  • Looking for info on half life, effects duration, and mechanisms of action (why the hell has it affected my heart like this, and what can I do to reverse it?)

Hi guys, there's a complicated back story to all this, but here's the short version:

I took around 700mg + of DLPA in powder form last Friday night and noticed these irregular pulsating feelings in my chest, like every few minutes I would get a large irregular heartbeat. I didn't realise at the time it was DLPA, as I had also taken caffeine, nicotine, cacao (but all in moderate amounts). I'm kind of sober in general at the moment, and seem to be very sensitive to all substances now.

Then on Saturday night (I didn't realise the first night was down to the DLPA) I took roughly 700mg again on an empty stomach and this time felt the onset and the irregular beats immediately, coupled with major anxiety. I went quite nuts that night, as I went into health anxiety and all sorts of other horrible paranoias I wouldn't indulge in so much normally.

Now it's Tuesday night, and I'm still getting this irregular pulsating heart beat every few minutes. It's random, so sometimes it doesn't happen for a while, sometimes it's 1 or 2 mins apart. I have exercised, and it's been ok. Resting heart rate is 78ish when sitting in middle of day, though it was in the low 60s when I measured on waking about 2 weeks ago.

How long can I expect this DLPA effects to last? I read somewhere that the pain reduction effects can last upto 4 weeks in some people. I also read one guys horror story of giving himself severe anxiety that was still there after a few weeks (although diminished). I don't need any extra anxiety in my life these days. I'm not freaking out, but the irregular heart beat is definitely a trigger! Looking for info on half life, effects duration, and mechanisms of action (why the hell has it affected my heart like this, and what can I do to reverse it?)

Thanks for reading, sorry if I'm not in the right sub, I assume that pharmacology will be able to give me something about mechanisms of action and duration so I can get the bottom of what is actually going on. There are little sources from what I've seen, plus I can't be going the health paranoia thing right now and obsessively reading about negative effects on random webpages.

I remember phenylalanine being an antagonist at some Ca2+ channels. Why you're still having this problem after 72 hours I'm not sure though. If it hasn't improved yet, you should book an appointment with your GP to see if you have an underlying arrhythmia that needs addressing.

thanks

still trying to understand this. I have been using CBD too, perhaps an interaction of sorts...

the D form of phenylalaline is supposedly very long lasting. Effects are listed in random places at 3-4 weeks. It's hard to find a real half life, I don't think it works that way? It becomes proteins or something? My chemistry is hazy to say the least... apparently some D forms of amino acids etc are very strange to the body so we don't process them well, and some are very toxic? (just misquoting a random sentence from somewhere perhaps).

I'm still getting interesting symptoms to be wary of a week later, and today with CBD oil 14% 1 drop, a massive increase in heart rate 1-2 hours after run and food with turmeric and bp.